inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

9,646 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

@Whiskey Rose it's getting late in Ontario- are you still hangin? (If it were a work night- I would be out) 

Great game

It's a work night for me gah! I'll give it till midnight, then i'll have to call it. Ottawa better score first minute back!

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

It's a work night for me gah! I'll give it till midnight, then i'll have to call it. Ottawa better score first minute back!

Well shit, if it were me, there's no way I could shut er down now. I'd lay down but wake up every 2 minutes thinking, fuck, who won? :lol:

4 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Well shit, if it were me, there's no way I could shut er down now. I'd lay down but wake up every 2 minutes thinking, fuck, who won? :lol:

F*******CK

4 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Sorry @Whiskey Rose... I was pulling for Canada and your boys... 

Thems the breaks..oh well, now I can put all my focus on the Jays :P

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Thems the breaks..oh well, now I can put all my focus on the Jays :P

Oh my god. 

Well, I'll talk to ya after baseball is over. :lol:

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

bunnies! *melting* that must be so cool to run by the shore. i would really like to begin bird watching, we have a lot around here that aren't in the 'burbs so to speak. i saw a little baby blue jay on the ground the other day and was so worried til i saw mama jay come and get him.

I found it strangely therapeutic following what has happened.

1 person likes this

On 5/24/2017 at 2:29 AM, Lio said:

Oh, that's exciting! It seems like you've done quite a bit of moving these past few years, or am I mistaken? Are you still in radioland or have you switched to another career? Wishing you all the best anyways!

I was at my last gig for 7 years! Still in radio land....had a great opportunity open up for me, so I made the move! :)

2 people like this

5 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

not to butt in but i think in the dj biz there is a lot of moving around...don't know if this is the case for @The Real McCoy or not but it happens a lot. here in Reno there have been 3 DJ's here that were in Sac when i lived there. also local news anchors. it seems to be a dog eat dog business?

It depends on the city / company. I've been lucky to work for smaller companies that don't have to play the same games that the conglomerates do. I've only had to move a few times over the course of my 11 years in the business, which I'm very thankful for.

3 1/2 years at my first gig

4 months at my second (long story there)

6 months at my third (left for my gig that lasted 7 years)

7 years

and now I made the move to my most recent stop! It was the right move for me to make, and a great opportunity that I couldn't pass down! :) I'm very blessed!

1 person likes this

My one year old son puked all over me last night at 3am. I put my top in the wash but didn't think any got on my shorts. That was until I stepped on them getting out of bed this morning. Cold baby sick on bare feet after 4 hours sleep fucking lovely.

4 people like this

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

My one year old son puked all over me last night at 3am. I put my top in the wash but didn't think any got on my shorts. That was until I stepped on them getting out of bed this morning. Cold baby sick on bare feet after 4 hours sleep fucking lovely.

Good! :lol:  Thats God getting you back for that avatar, the child is on my side, i hope he shits in your cereal bowl!  Go on little Spunks, relieve yourself! :lol: 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Good! :lol:  Thats God getting you back for that avatar, the child is on my side, i hope he shits in your cereal bowl!  Go on little Spunks, relieve yourself! :lol: 

I'd change the avatar to Herbert Chapman rimming Tony Adams himself if you could make the boy sleep. In fact scrap that I'm sure you have a method that would get him to sleep but i dont want him munching his way through a pack of Farleys Rusks and calling me "man" :lol:

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I found it strangely therapeutic following what has happened.

i'm glad you did :)

12 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

It depends on the city / company. I've been lucky to work for smaller companies that don't have to play the same games that the conglomerates do. I've only had to move a few times over the course of my 11 years in the business, which I'm very thankful for.

3 1/2 years at my first gig

4 months at my second (long story there)

6 months at my third (left for my gig that lasted 7 years)

7 years

and now I made the move to my most recent stop! It was the right move for me to make, and a great opportunity that I couldn't pass down! :) I'm very blessed!

that's great! best of luck to you :)

1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I'd change the avatar to Herbert Chapman rimming Tony Adams himself if you could make the boy sleep. In fact scrap that I'm sure you have a method that would get him to sleep but i dont want him munching his way through a pack of Farleys Rusks and calling me "man" :lol:

Pop a bit of brandy in his milk.  Or whiskey.  Not a shitload, don't get him hammered or anything, obviously he's a fuckin' baby, just a drop or two perhaps, i dunno how much she put in but my mate Marks Nan used to do that and apparently he'd be out like a light.

Edited by Len Cnut
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Pop a bit of brandy in his milk.  Or whiskey.  Not a shitload, don't get him hammered or anything, obviously he's a fuckin' baby, just a drop or two perhaps, i dunno how much she put in but my mate Marks Nan used to do that and apparently he'd be out like a light.

I havent got any brandy I wonder if strongbow goes with milk? His temperature has come down now so hopefully he gets a few hours kip now. I'm fucked.

Just now, spunko12345 said:

I havent got any brandy I wonder if strongbow goes with milk? His temperature has come down now so hopefully he gets a few hours kip now. I'm fucked.

Yeah, nah, I'd lay off the Strongbow :lol:  You're doin' alright chief, you got more balls than me, I'll give ya that!

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

Well, Strongbow already tastes of vomit, so you're already halfway there if you give it to the baby.

Found out I have diarrhea by thinking it was just a fart.

2 people like this