Fantasy Sports Fans???

Apollo

Anybody interested in joining a four-sport dynasty fantasy league?

It sounds more complicated than it is. Basically it's just fantasy for NBA, MLB, NFL and NHL.

Except that overall records/standings are kept for the entire year. The "champion" is the guy who does the best accumulatively in all four sports.

The two other cool things are that it's a dynasty league - so you get to keep a group of players from year to year. And, you can trade between sports. I traded Peyton Manning to a guy and got three baseball players in return.

It's an 8-team league that started this year.

Unfortunately, two people dropped out mid-year.

Their teams are pretty strong overall. One of them has an absolute BEAST of a major league baseball team already. He has King Felix and Clayton Kershaw to anchor his pitching staff.

The league is free this year, as this was the first year and the commish wanted to iron out all the kinks. Next year it will be $50 for the entire year.

I know absolutely NOTHING about Hockey - but with cheat-sheets all over the Net, it's easy to draft a competitive team.

Anyway - it's a lot of fun, and pretty low-key, I only manage my teams a couple days a week. I spend maybe an hour total per week on it. And it's free this year.

Not necessarily, I am NOT a fantasy nerd at all.

I only check the line-ups a couple times a week.

You can set your line-up in advance for a week at a time.

I don't know anything about hockey. I couldn't even name five active players. So every Monday morning I just set my line-up for the entire week. Then I check it again on wed or Thursday to see if anybody is injured. That's it. I spent maybe 5 minutes a week on it.

It really is laid back. It's a head-to-head league, so every week you just play one opponent. Your stats accrue during the entire week.

The really cool thing is trading players between leagues. I set-up my baseball team by trading Peyton Manning and Arian Foster for baseball players. Plus I traded my entire NHL draft to a guy for his MLB draft picks.