The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Coors Banquets

Tequila is deadly

My friend is a manager at a brazilian restaurant and he gives me free tequila based drinks all night. I don't get hangovers or headaches from it but I can't walk. And I can't remember getting home. It must have been the roofies. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Yeah, the other night that was actually like 6 or 7 in the morning, i was fast a-kip! :lol:

Since the when was one of your lot asleep at 6am? You're normally up at the crack of crack flogging cheap booze and fags to the infidel innit? :lol:

29 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Since the when was one of your lot asleep at 6am? You're normally up at the crack of crack flogging cheap booze and fags to the infidel innit? :lol:

Up at sunrise for morning prayers...whilst I'm spark out on my bed with last nights clothes on and a gutful of Stella :lol:

I'm not sure it is the only one. Harbin often partners with NBA and WC. But my guess would be it was the first western style beer to be made in China. The brewery in Qingdao was built by Germans. So it's the one Beijing push. 

Theres no point in buying Bud in china bcos Suntory (blue) and Harbin are so close. Suntory is japanese comp i think. Thats 15rmb for 4 x 500 ml cans. But bud isnt exactly expensive 3 x 600ml bottles for 20rmb. 

Asahi silver can is better quailty and 4.3% or something. 

But actually craft beer just hit Shanghai. So there are a lot of Belgium beer bars like Kaiba. But expect to pay 38rmb a glass. 

Also if you go in a Lianhua supermarket theres a lot of imported German beers. Wheatbeer etc. 10-20 rmb. 

If you want cheap drinks go to Windows bars. They are like a chain. 25rmb a pint. Some do all day happy hours. 2-for-1. Basic sports bars with rock music. Draft Tiger and Bud is good option. Also food is cheap here if not luxurious. 30rmb pizza is hard to beat. If you see a Yang's Fry Dumplings try that. 6 dumplings for 12rmb. Say "liu ge" - 6. Jiaozi. 

www.smartshanghai.com

this site is good cos it gives you addresses in chinese , show it to taxi driver. To stop say zhelli - "Jelly"

Taxis are cheap at 15 rmb. Subway or Metro is 4 rmb a ride. You can get a travel card from the office in the stations 20rmb deposit/30rmb charge. Say "Ka"

if you cheap electronics and bootleg stuff go to Nanjing xi lu /Chengdu lu - theres a big fake dept store. Don't go with randon guys do sidestreets they will rip you off. 

Also don't stop to take pictures with girls they are hookers who are hard to get rid of. 

"Bu yao" - don't want - say that a lot. 

• Like 1

Awesome - thanks for all the info :) I'd definitely like to check out the craft brewery scene in Shanghai when I come back through for the gig next week. 

I'll have to check for Harbin when I get home, but I don't remember ever seeing it. The one I had this morning had an NBA label, so I figured they were a sponsor or something.