The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

6 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

A White Russian doesn't take any unusual ingredients; it's typically just vodka, Kahlua, and milk/cream. I like to add some Bailey's just to make it even creamier. 

Ah well its a non starter for me then. I can't stand vodka, don't know what kahula is and don't drink baileys because I don't bum men. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Can't stand vodka? It's the most nondescript alcohol you can drink, beyond ethanol. You basically add it to make the White Russian stronger than if it was just made of Kahlua and milk.

D'ya not think that makes it kinda malleable?  Cuz you can bung whatever mixer in it and it sort of tastes of that.  But yeah, a lot of people share your opinion there.

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

D'ya not think that makes it kinda malleable?  Cuz you can bung whatever mixer in it and it sort of tastes of that.  But yeah, a lot of people share your opinion there.

That's the point of vodka, isn't it? To have a non-tasting strong spirit that can be mixed with anything because it doesn't add much flavor compared to other equally strong spirits (rum, tequila, whisky, etc).

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

Just now, SoulMonster said:

That's the point of vodka, isn't it? To have a non-tasting strong spirit that can be mixed with anything because it doesn't add much flavor compared to other equally strong spirits (rum, tequila, whisky, etc).

Its also apparently a tramps favourite cuz, allegedly though I've never bought this, it dont smell so people cant tell you're pissed, I'm told this lots though its not been true in my experience.

43 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Its also apparently a tramps favourite cuz, allegedly though I've never bought this, it dont smell so people cant tell you're pissed, I'm told this lots though its not been true in my experience.

I think the tramps would prefer the initial distillation by-products to be honest. :lol:  

11 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

In your experience the wrecked car probably makes any potential alcoholic odor superfluous. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Can't stand vodka? It's the most nondescript alcohol you can drink, beyond ethanol. You basically add it to make the White Russian stronger than if it was just made of Kahlua and milk.

Oh there's definately a taste to it. A lot of people say this, that it tastes of nothing but to me it's a very distinct taste. I had prawns in vodka once in Menorca. It was like a restaurant where you have lots of little courses but you have to have whatever they bring you. It was fucking vile I think the prawns were raw and they were massive.

2 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Oh there's definately a taste to it. A lot of people say this, that it tastes of nothing but to me it's a very distinct taste. I had prawns in vodka once in Menorca. It was like a restaurant where you have lots of little courses but you have to have whatever they bring you. It was fucking vile I think the prawns were raw and they were massive.

How does the fact you had some manky prawns in Menorca substantiate your point? :lol:

1 hour ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Scotch is a no for me

Same. I've tried it plenty of times, not a big fan. I can drink it, but it's far from my first choice. 

Tequila is really the only hard liquor that's on my "under no circumstances" list.

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Same. I've tried it plenty of times, not a big fan. I can drink it, but it's far from my first choice. 

Tequila is really the only hard liquor that's on my "under no circumstances" list.

Yeah just not a fan of it either 

I completely agree, tequila does not sit well with me :lol: 

Only time I'll ever drink it is if I'm already completely hammered 

On 12 May 2016 at 1:54 AM, darknightfan said:

Why isn't this section pinned? took me a minute to find it

I can just imagine you pissed as a fart, scrolling for half an hour to find the thread :lol:. Falling asleep on the keyboard and waking up to find A S D F G H imprinted on your face :lol:

I've noticed tonight that if I'm drinking I can't tolerate acting. I don't mean bad acting, just any programme on telly where they are doing there lines, and emoting :lol: it just looks stupid. 

I've got my films that I love and you can't touch but this evening I've watched Reese Witherspoon being a hillbilly cop and Phil Mitchell dragging the cancer ridden husk of Barbara Windsor around East London before her fucking tits finally give up the ghost.

Jeeesus Christ at least on Saturdays there's match of the day.

Edited by spunko12345

15 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I've noticed tonight that if I'm drinking I can't tolerate acting. I don't mean bad acting, just any programme on telly where they are doing there lines, and emoting :lol: it just looks stupid. 

I've got my films that I love and you can't touch but this evening I've watched Reese Witherspoon being a hillbilly cop and Phil Mitchell dragging the cancer ridden husk of Barbara Windsor around East London before her fucking tits finally give up the ghost.

Jeeesus Christ at least on Saturdays there's match of the day.

Grants comeback was hilairious, he looks like an aging pedophile in hiding :lol:. But yeah i get the same thing on the booze, just stick some music on, thats what I've done, listen to this:

reminds me of being pissed when Im sober so its even better when Im pissed :lol: