The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

28 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Grants comeback was hilairious, he looks like an aging pedophile in hiding :lol:. But yeah i get the same thing on the booze, just stick some music on, thats what I've done, listen to this:

reminds me of being pissed when Im sober so its even better when Im pissed :lol:

Nice! I can tell I'm pissed cos this is what i was just listening too :lol: i need a little down https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kFsI-czkebc

9 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Nice! I can tell I'm pissed cos this is what i was just listening too :lol: i need a little down https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kFsI-czkebc

what the actual fuck was that?!? :lol:  There's something the fuckin' matter with you, i swear to God :lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

what the actual fuck was that?!? :lol:  There's something the fuckin' matter with you, i swear to God :lol:

Anyone who walked past my window last night must have though Hannibal Lecter was in there chopping someone up with that blasting out :lol:

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Pro-tip: don't drink lots of beer and eat mushrooms. My night was a constant battle between mushroom-vision and beer-goggles, it was annoying as hell and mildly dizzying. :lol:

Just stopped at the brewery by my house, filled up a jug of beer for $10 (2 litres/64 oz).

That sounds fun. A friend of mine lives quite close to a brewery and on certain days the smells of barley and warm hops wafts down his street.

26 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

That sounds fun. A friend of mine lives quite close to a brewery and on certain days the smells of barley and warm hops wafts down his street.

Unfortunately I don't live close enough to smell it, it's about 4.5 blocks away and the smell(s) of weed and McDonalds overpower it. (Within 2 blocks of my house there's one McD's, 2 dispensaries, and one 'rooftop weed lounge' which is actually a business, not the top of some apartment :lol:).

Asahi Super Dry. I was wrong Bud is complete piss. Asahi is awesome, it's just piss but high quality piss. Karakuchi. 

Asahi Super Dry. I was wrong Bud is complete piss. Asahi is awesome, it's just piss but high quality piss. Karakuchi. 

I have this whole week off work and wanted to be productive but I have spent three of the days having drinks in the evening which then severely impacts my productivity the following day. :lol: Last night I killed the remains of my vodka and a six-pack of craft beers (not sure how i was still walking around after that!), then went solo to a bar nearby, which I've never really done before. It was kind of fun... these three girls ended up talking to me, and the one gave me a lift home afterward. I should probably try to do that more often while sober just to work on my confidence and to meet people.

• Like 1

overheard in the bar last night

a guy takes his glass, makes a sip, bends his brows, takes another sip, shakes his head irritably 

is everything fine, the barman asks. 
well is it me or something's wrong with your Negroni! 
it's Boulevardier.
ah.. ok

didn't hear the beginning of this conversation, or what did he order, but it was funny

Edited by netcat
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Estranged Reality said:

I have this whole week off work and wanted to be productive but I have spent three of the days having drinks in the evening which then severely impacts my productivity the following day. :lol: Last night I killed the remains of my vodka and a six-pack of craft beers (not sure how i was still walking around after that!), then went solo to a bar nearby, which I've never really done before. It was kind of fun... these three girls ended up talking to me, and the one gave me a lift home afterward. I should probably try to do that more often while sober just to work on my confidence and to meet people.

You never struck me as the confidence lacking type sir.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

You never struck me as the confidence lacking type sir.

I'm not as shy as I was in my teens, but I'm not naturally the sort of person to go into a room and be the center of attention. If I'm going to a bar by myself, I'm going to feel kind of awkward and reserved until I have a few drinks.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Estranged Reality said:

I'm not as shy as I was in my teens, but I'm not naturally the sort of person to go into a room and be the center of attention. If I'm going to a bar by myself, I'm going to feel kind of awkward and reserved until I have a few drinks.

Whereas after six you're standing on the bar with your knob out singing 'my old mans a dustman'? :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

Whereas after six you're standing on the bar with your knob out singing 'my old mans a dustman'? :lol:

You should just see @ZoSoRose when he's had a few!

Just had Yuengling Black & Tan on tap for the first time. I love the beer but only ever had it bottled. Goddamn was it good. 

• Like 1

A friend brought around a bottle of Banana wine her father in law brewed at home, she said it was strong stuff. Mockingly I laughed, it can't be that strong. After the first gulp I felt my vocal chords melt like wax. Currently on eBay searching for a cheap electrolarynx.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

:lol: tbh, it's  not exactly something to be proud of, but i'm not a sloppy drunk. If anything I'm able to hold it a little too well... it takes a lot to really zonk me out. The problem I'm facing these days is, it's much harder to shake off the next day... I'm usually feeling poisoned all day, and if I have any caffeine (which is usually the case since I'm a coffee addict) the combination of the caffeine and the alcohol withdrawal gives me the worst anxiety ever. I never used to get that when I drank in my early 20s... it's a sure sign of getting old. :(

57 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

They make Yuengling besides the lager? 

Yes! The others aren't as widely available, more limited to PA/NY/NJ. They've got Light Lager, Premium, Black & Tan, Porter, and Lorc Chesterfield Ale. For seasonals, they do an Oktoberfest and a Summer Wheat. 

33 minutes ago, Estranged Reality said:

:lol: tbh, it's  not exactly something to be proud of, but i'm not a sloppy drunk. If anything I'm able to hold it a little too well... it takes a lot to really zonk me out. The problem I'm facing these days is, it's much harder to shake off the next day... I'm usually feeling poisoned all day, and if I have any caffeine (which is usually the case since I'm a coffee addict) the combination of the caffeine and the alcohol withdrawal gives me the worst anxiety ever. I never used to get that when I drank in my early 20s... it's a sure sign of getting old. :(

I feel like i can hold my drink but anything over a bottle of spirits (a big one) and ill probably not recall getting to bed that night.  

• Like 1