The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

21 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

An old flame lived in PA and they drank the lager like water. I drank it out of osmosis. 

I went to school in PA, so I lived on it for a few years. Used to get a pitcher of it for $4.25 on wing nights at the bar in my college town :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Whereas after six you're standing on the bar with your knob out singing 'my old mans a dustman'? :lol:

years ago we had this guy at one of my previous jobs, he seemed very shy and introverted for quite a long time. once we had a NY party at work, he got drunk and peed in my cup right in front of everyone's eyes. when asked why did he do that, he said he marked the territory :lol: from that time on expression "still waters have deep bottoms" has a special meaning to me 

19 minutes ago, netcat said:

years ago we had this guy at one of my previous jobs, he seemed very shy and introverted for quite a long time. once we had a NY party at work, he got drunk and peed in my cup right in front of everyone's eyes. when asked why did he do that, he said he marked the territory :lol: from that time on expression "still waters have deep bottoms" has a special meaning to me 

Are you sure that weren't some sort of ill concieved chat up line?  You might've been on there :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

I feel like i can hold my drink but anything over a bottle of spirits (a big one) and ill probably not recall getting to bed that 

Just now, Estranged Reality said:

I feel like i can hold my drink but anything over a bottle of spirits (a big one) and ill probably not recall getting to bed that 

i'm capable of drinking a fifth without blacking out if i'm sitting home and it's over the course of a few hours, but that's definitely the point where i'll feel like complete shit the entire next day. usually a little more than half to three quarters of a bottle is that magic point where i'm feeling really good but am capable of burning most of it off by the time i wake up

2 minutes ago, Estranged Reality said:

Looks like old mother Admins had a few tonight, you're supposed to type something love :lol:

EDIT: Wa-hey, got there in the end!

Edited by Len B'stard

You think it's beer? I blame acidic stuff like salad and fruit. I think just drinking slowly everyday is the way forward. You never get drunk you just fall asleep on buses and sit on a bench all day in the sun with young gypsy girls. 

• Like 1

I ordered some night train and had it shipped from NJ. I polished off the first bottle last night. 17.5% all aboard straight to nowhere. It's to the late 80s what 4loko was to 2009. I wouldn't recommend it but it was pretty great for nostalgic reasons and continued to get better the more I drank.

9 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Gonna have to knock the beer on the head, starting to stick out in the middle a bit, i'll have to stick to the brandy i think.

My mother - who is a nurse - has an amusing story from when she was a junior nurse in the NHS. On the male ward there were all these big bellied middle aged guys on the ward who had had heart attacks, etc., and this sarcastic doctor came around. He proceeded to go to each patient with his paperwork, ''beer drinker?'', ''beer drinker?''. I always thought, by slightly exaggerating the doctor's poshness and politeness (''beer drinker sir?) it would make a brilliant comedy sketch.

32 minutes ago, Sprite said:

I ordered some night train and had it shipped from NJ. I polished off the first bottle last night. 17.5% all aboard straight to nowhere. It's to the late 80s what 4loko was to 2009. I wouldn't recommend it but it was pretty great for nostalgic reasons and continued to get better the more I drank.

That's merch I would endorse. If GNR started selling Nightrain wine on their site. I used to love her, I used to drink Thunderbird on the railway bridge at school, I couldn't find Nightrain. 

14 hours ago, wasted said:

That's merch I would endorse. If GNR started selling Nightrain wine on their site. I used to love her, I used to drink Thunderbird on the railway bridge at school, I couldn't find Nightrain. 

After recovering from it I think it might be part windex too. But that just makes you sparkle. I was ready to crash and burn though.

http://www.shopritewines.com/sku03653.html

18 hours ago, wasted said:

You can't get it in Englandland. When I was a kid and a young Guns N' Roses fan I remember trying to locate it in various shady stores ran by Pakistani gentlemen for a spot of the olde underage drinking, but I could never locate it.

I went to LA a few years ago and stayed in Inglewood cos I'm a real G. Went to a shop as saw they sold nightrain so i bought 2 bottles and got arseholed. This shop had bullet proof plastic over the counter and when I got back to the dive I was staying at this crack head came in on roller skates and tried to sell me drugs. It's my fault for being tight I suppose, I knew I should have pushed the boat out and stayed in Compton instead :lol::lol: