The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You can't get it in Englandland. When I was a kid and a young Guns N' Roses fan I remember trying to locate it in various shady stores ran by Pakistani gentlemen for a spot of the olde underage drinking, but I could never locate it.

The Almighty had a song called Thunderbird that I thought was about the wine. But it might have been about a car. 

Edited by wasted
Typo

19 hours ago, darknightfan said:

Guys it's been so long and this still hasn't been pinned. Do we not even talk about what we are drinking anymore?!

As always Vodka but how is everyone?

Are we all still hanging in there?

I just don't think this thread gets enough traffic to pin it. Sure it's almost always on the front page of AG, but it's basically 5 or 6 regular posters with the other odd comment. Maybe one of these nights I'll get ripping drunk and change my mind. 

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

I just don't think this thread gets enough traffic to pin it. Sure it's almost always on the front page of AG, but it's basically 5 or 6 regular posters with the other odd comment. Maybe one of these nights I'll get ripping drunk and change my mind. 

5 or 6 regular alcoholics.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Baltika #7 tonight. Это хорошо, товарищ.

Чем больше пива выпьет комсомолец, тем меньше достанется врагу народа!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DR DOOM said:

My brother and I even had the "fast bowler" add on!

Oh yeah, booze.

is it some kind of drinking game? for young boys and child molesters (at least that's how it looks in pics on the box )?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, netcat said:

is it some kind of drinking game? for young boys and child molesters (at least that's how it looks in pics on the box )?

Its an old board game from back in the days before computer games when fun was illegal for children, in them days us old Grandads played that or Subbuteo (a similarly shite board game only to do with football) when we weren't in the back garden digging holes or bouncing a tennis ball against a wall :lol:

Now that i think about it 90% of the trouble i got into as a kid was to do with that, there was just fuck all to do and if you werent good at football (which i wasnt) and girls were yet to be discovered (forthcoming ones anyway!) all there was to do was fuckin' shoplift and smoke fags and just generally make a nuisance of yourself.  

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Subbuteo figures always snapped. You opened up the box and found you had half a Gary Lineker.

There's gotta be a joke about Justin Fashanu I there somewhere. 

46 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Its an old board game from back in the days before computer games when fun was illegal for children, in them days us old Grandads played that or Subbuteo (a similarly shite board game only to do with football) when we weren't in the back garden digging holes or bouncing a tennis ball against a wall :lol:

Now that i think about it 90% of the trouble i got into as a kid was to do with that, there was just fuck all to do and if you werent good at football (which i wasnt) and girls were yet to be discovered (forthcoming ones anyway!) all there was to do was fuckin' shoplift and smoke fags and just generally make a nuisance of yourself.  

ok but since the game is posted in this thread it must be somehow alchohol related?

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

I hate IPAs, it's the only style of beer I don't like at all. Don't get me wrong, I'll still try them now and then, but I've yet to find one I like.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002E2OK0S/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?qid=1464530024&sr=8-1&keywords=Marston%27s+IPA

i'm always drinking cheap lager wishing I had 6 cold bottles of Old Empire. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Subbuteo figures always snapped. You opened up the box and found you had half a Gary Lineker.

I found the player came out of the base. I used to doctor the players by opening them and putting super glue to make the strikers heavier. So you could rocket the ball in. I bought orange addidas tango balls. And obviously fix the goal down. You could get nets like in Brazil. Oh the agony.