The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

5 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

A bit like a mashup between Janet Jackson and Dianne Abbott.

For no reason I now have an image in my head of Jeremy Corbyn hanging out of the backing her singing Nasty Boys and waving a copy of The Communist  Manifesto while Jerry Adams looks on and wanks in the corner. :lol:

Edit: and so do you. :lol:

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, PappyTron said:

She looked perfectly normal until she started ranting and raving. She is, or at least was, well known. Kind of like an attraction, of sorts, and there were always these kind of like urban myths about her. One was that she was a former Yale professor who lost her mind and another was that she was a former student who lost her mind. As you can no doubt guess the rumours all had to do with her having been at Yale and losing her mind. :lol:

Is this her Paps?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1482639/posts

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:28 PM, lukepowell1988 said:

Tried Duvel the other night that's some good shit 

I'm a connoisseur of Belgian beers (I live in Belgium; the worlds finest beers are sold right around the corner), and that's a good beer. great for starters and veterans.

when you're done enjoying your duvel, let me suggest some of Belgian's finest:

- Afbeeldingsresultaat voor jupiler

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor abt 12

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor cesar bier

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor chimay bier

6 hours ago, action said:

I'm a connoisseur of Belgian beers (I live in Belgium; the worlds finest beers are sold right around the corner), and that's a good beer. great for starters and veterans.

when you're done enjoying your duvel, let me suggest some of Belgian's finest:

- Afbeeldingsresultaat voor jupiler

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor abt 12

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor cesar bier

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor chimay bier

Jupiler is overrated imo. It's an ok pils, but nothing really special for me personally. Chimay is fantastic, Chimay Blue is one of my all-time favorites. St. Bernardus is a very affordable alternative to Westvleteren, love that too. Not familiar with Cesar. But I'm a big fan of Belgian beer. Maredsous is brilliant. I love Palm for being that strange bridge between pilsener and craft beer. Achelse Kluis is very nice too. Rochefort... And that's just scratching the surface. ^_^ 

9 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

A real man's list begins and ends with Jack Daniel's! :lol: Well, my list does anyway... a shot with every beer!

More of a Scotch fan myself. I enjoy a good bourbon now and then (and some are really great), but overall I prefer the huge taste spectrum in Scotch. Bourbon and Tennessee Whiskey have less variety.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

That second one looks more of a stout than a beer ? I am hoping to visit Belgium next year so will keep an eye out for these.

Leffe is another good Belgium beer 

have you tasted Leffe?

if you think that's good, you're in for a treat if you taste these other beers.

to my taste, Leffe is chemical trash :P

the second one is more a trappist, brewed on the same recipe as westvleteren 12, heralded as single best beer in the world (but that beer is only sold in one place, on the entire planet so don't try to go there)

24 minutes ago, username said:

Jupiler is overrated imo. It's an ok pils, but nothing really special for me personally. Chimay is fantastic, Chimay Blue is one of my all-time favorites. St. Bernardus is a very affordable alternative to Westvleteren, love that too. Not familiar with Cesar. But I'm a big fan of Belgian beer. Maredsous is brilliant. I love Palm for being that strange bridge between pilsener and craft beer. Achelse Kluis is very nice too. Rochefort... And that's just scratching the surface. ^_^ 

More of a Scotch fan myself. I enjoy a good bourbon now and then (and some are really great), but overall I prefer the huge taste spectrum in Scotch. Bourbon and Tennessee Whiskey have less variety.

I was gonna say the Jupiler is absolute piss! I love Belgian beers and I'm really surprised that anybody from there would recommend that swill.   Chimay is the absolute tits though. 

This is me drinking Jupiler in the Delirium Cafe in Brussels. :lol:

IMG_7361.JPG

Edited by Dazey

20 minutes ago, username said:

jupiler is my go-to beer for a no nonsense, powerful pils. no fancy whistles and bells, no special flavours. just a real man's beer

Cesar is a more interesting version of Duvel. Duvel is too basic for my heavier wants and needs. it's basically a pils with higher alcohol. Cesar is all of that, but has more character (not easy to find though)

35 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I was gonna say the Jupiler is absolute piss! I love Belgian beers and I'm really surprised that anybody from there would recommend that swill.   Chimay is the absolute tits though. 

IMG_7361.JPG

you're so little:lol:

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

IMG_7361.JPG

Betcha I could drink that faster than you :awesomeface:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, action said:

jupiler is my go-to beer for a no nonsense, powerful pils. no fancy whistles and bells, no special flavours. just a real man's beer

Cesar is a more interesting version of Duvel. Duvel is too basic for my heavier wants and needs. it's basically a pils with higher alcohol. Cesar is all of that, but has more character (not easy to find though)

A real man's beer wouldn't be in those pissy little 0.2 liter bottles. ;) 

Sorry, really not a fan. I'd pick a decent Dutch pils like Hertog Jan or Grolsch over it any day. Or most German pils, come to think of it.

• Like 1