The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah, i hear that about yous, that you got some bangin' greens over there.  Not that I have any experience of it.

Come-from-aways often think its laced.  There is a marvellous array of all the greatest types - I highly recommend it.

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Come-from-aways often think its laced.  There is a marvellous array of all the greatest types - I highly recommend it.

Even over here times have changed, i mean i remember buying fuckin' weed that was like...just plain weed y'know, with that weird rootsy grassy smell.  Like draws of fuckin' hash, nowadays EVERYTHING out there is some stinkin' fuckin' skunk that mongs you the fuck out.  Not that I'm complaining, finally getting my fuckin' moneys worth :lol:  Have been for a good few years but i mean them early teen days of hash and hippie weed are long gone.

19 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Even over here times have changed, i mean i remember buying fuckin' weed that was like...just plain weed y'know, with that weird rootsy grassy smell.  Like draws of fuckin' hash, nowadays EVERYTHING out there is some stinkin' fuckin' skunk that mongs you the fuck out.  Not that I'm complaining, finally getting my fuckin' moneys worth :lol:  Have been for a good few years but i mean them early teen days of hash and hippie weed are long gone.

Glad to hear it!  

And I guess we can all mail each other good seeds and email best growing practices now anyways.  Marc Emery sent our seeds all over the world.

Loved watching BBC's Spaced with a vape.  That show is a good example that theres some excellent sticky over there

Still, come check out Canada day!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasted said:

If it's legal it's an oppressive tool of the state. But who cares, what did I just say?

yeah, illegal you risk supporting brutal gangs, even youth gangs who hurt one another over an ounce. And while illegal you cant be sure what chemicals are involved in production and worse yet curing.  And legal you pay up to conglomerates who do harm to people and planet on a mass scale.  And then the feds tax it and turn around and buy cages to put the dispossessed youth into once they move on to another criminalized business, post legalization.  So then decriminalization sounds good.  Except in all this time the community never did figure out how to get sick people quality, healing medicinal strains and never did drop the harmful chemicals from cultivation.

Edited by soon

16 minutes ago, soon said:

yeah, illegal you risk supporting brutal gangs, even youth gangs who hurt one another over an ounce. And while illegal you cant be sure what chemicals are involved in production and worse yet curing.  And legal you pay up to conglomerates who do harm to people and planet on a mass scale.  And then the feds tax it and turn around and buy cages to put the dispossessed youth into once they move on to another criminalized business, post legalization.  So then decriminalization sounds good.  Except in all this time the community never did figure out how to get sick people quality, healing medicinal strains and never did drop the harmful chemicals from cultivation.

There's a lot of organized crime ties to government so hard to say. But the weed tax dollar will be used to fund WWIII. 

• Like 1

It is illegal to purchase cold beer above 3.2% in my state. You can purchase higher abv and liquors however they can only be found at liquor stores. 

These conservative laws are coming to an end next year. The people voted to update our liquor and beer laws.

It is tough to admit, but I have been drinking 3.2 beer for so long I have forgotten the extra kick higher abv beer provides. I'm too lazy to go to the liquor store and chill higher abv beer, and honestly the beer has been warm for so long it doesn't taste as good. 

It will be interesting. I'm a daily drinker, so my alcohol consumption is going to change drastically in January. 

8 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

I have been drinking 3.2 beer for so long I have forgotten the extra kick higher abv beer provides.

You poor bastard. Here I am looking at 5% beer like "ok I'll have a light one" and you're drinking near-beer.

I suggest just you just start drinking whiskey now and by the time you're ready to go back to beers you won't notice the higher abv.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

You poor bastard. Here I am looking at 5% beer like "ok I'll have a light one" and you're drinking near-beer.

I suggest just you just start drinking whiskey now and by the time you're ready to go back to beers you won't notice the higher abv.

Isn't it sad?

Pabst makes some shit near-beer, but Coors Banquet is surprisingly drinkable. 

It's funny. Hurricane makes a 3.2% 40. I'm like bitch please.

Some of my friends drink Coors Banquet and it's a little better than the cheapest shit that they normally drink :lol: My favourite local brewery makes some awesome beers that range between 6-10% and come in 650 ml bottles (20~ oz). Last year I tried a really hoppy 9% IPA that became my beer of choice the whole [short] time it was available. Is 3.2% even equivalent to an energy drink?

My old roommate drank Pabst all the time, and I'll never understand why. There are equally cheap and less shitty beers at every damn liquor store! :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arnold layne said:

Why am I not surprised. 

Whaaat, i was hammered and i couldn't be bothered to walk to the khazi :lol:  I threw it away in the morning!  Forgot I'd done it actually, good thing it weren't a bottle of Cider or I might've had a slug :lol:

On April 17, 2017 at 8:53 PM, arnold layne said:

It is illegal to purchase cold beer above 3.2% in my state. You can purchase higher abv and liquors however they can only be found at liquor stores. 

These conservative laws are coming to an end next year. The people voted to update our liquor and beer laws.

It is tough to admit, but I have been drinking 3.2 beer for so long I have forgotten the extra kick higher abv beer provides. I'm too lazy to go to the liquor store and chill higher abv beer, and honestly the beer has been warm for so long it doesn't taste as good. 

It will be interesting. I'm a daily drinker, so my alcohol consumption is going to change drastically in January. 

I think some of my no-knead pizza dough is higher abv

I had no awareness of that law - what a travesty.  i lift a glass to your liberation!!

2015_06_BMBC-2679.jpg

For the Canadians on here, if you see this around, it's good stuff. My old roommate was friends with one of the brewery's promo guys so we went through a sample case last year, I don't care for their other beers but I'm drinking one one these now. And I normally hate pilsner's. You can't see it in that picture but on the side of the label it says 'caramel spice crisp' and I suck at descriptions so that's the best way I can describe it :lol:

• Like 2

I mentioned about a wild crafted yarrow wheat ale I brewed last year, but I just learned how to upload pictures so Im into it for the moment :)

I got lazy and used more leaves and less flowers then recipe cals for.  Because thats the ratio on the plants.  Beer came out very botanical and astringent as a result.  Gonna get it right this year.  The milk pods were bbq'd and tossed in wing sauce.

Edited by soon
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

@soon Botanical & astringent eh? Sounds delicious... :lol: But nah- seriously that's cool. I'd think it was delicious if I could get fucked up on some home brew from a bunch of shit I picked in the woods. 

yeah, its really bad.  It is very difficult to drink.  But I can see how it will be good if i stick to the recipe.  Its just no fun to throw out home-brew so Im having one every now and then.  Theres loads of good home-brews from the woods: Dandelion and burdock is great, meadowsweet mead, Stinging nettle ale.  And sage ale from the garden.  As a bonus they are way easier to make then a lot of beers.

Now I wont have to sip one again for a few weeks, thank goodness :lol:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, soon said:

yeah, its really bad.  It is very difficult to drink.  But I can see how it will be good if i stick to the recipe.  Its just no fun to throw out home-brew so Im having one every now and then.  Theres loads of good home-brews from the woods: Dandelion and burdock is great, meadowsweet mead, Stinging nettle ale.  And sage ale from the garden.  As a bonus they are way easier to make then a lot of beers.

Now I wont have to sip one again for a few weeks, thank goodness :lol:

Do you know anything about dandelion wine? Someone told me it's good, but I don't see how it would be. 

8 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Do you know anything about dandelion wine? Someone told me it's good, but I don't see how it would be. 

I think Ive heard about it in passing too.  I agree it doesn't sound like it could be good.  Dandelions are bitter.  This is what makes them good for beer, as hops are bitter as well.  Unless the wine just uses the flowers which arent nearly as bitter and have a bright flavour.  I use the flower for the aromatics/ flavour and the rest for the bittering in beer.  Yeah, its probably the flowers.  I actually make cookies with the flowers, so yeah.  If so Id still go with beer as dandelion root is good for the liver.  So might as well put some in beer