The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

Just now, soon said:

Well researched hot dogs! :) Thats a good option to know about because sometimes Im too lazy to make em.

I know that in the mid east its common to make homemade mortadella in plastic casing, but for something mass produced I just dont get why!  I gather they're not smoked if its plastic.   I agree: melted plastic is more then likely not healthy to consume!!

yeah i was hoping they had salami as well but alas not. i did get some coupons for free hot dogs! :P

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yeah i was hoping they had salami as well but alas not. i did get some coupons for free hot dogs! :P

Oh, and a Canters Deli is coning your way.  Hopefully they'll have the good salami!!

This a good pro tip, Produce Goddess - ask people about their products and get free products!  

Edited by soon

Chorizo is actually the best sausage, you're missing out.

Also, this is like food rule #1 - don't look up the ingredients in sausage. :lol:

edit: wtf this is the alcohol thread, why is this whole page about chorizo?

I'm drinking my way through a case of red Hell's Gate because it was cheaper than usual, it would've been financially irresponsible not to buy it really.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

here is something on what's in them. and i was grossed out when i read that the first ingredient in salami ( the soft kind, the kind Oscar Mayer makes ) was beef hearts. :vomit:this is JMO, some may find this kind of stuff delicious!

https://www.chowhound.com/post/chorizo-crawl-pork-salivary-glands-lymph-nodes-fat-cheeks-340224

The guy in the link is talking shite.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Also, this is like food rule #1 - don't look up the ingredients in sausage. :lol:

...and haggis!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

idk if he is or not i am not taking ANY chances! when i found about the salami i tried to eat it. i kept telling myself i have eaten this most of my life...but i couldn't do it :facepalm:

It is some cheap shit supermarket brand he is using.

PS

In actual fact, in the person's defense, he/she admits this and there is a whole ensuing conversation beneath about the dangers of cheap supermarket stuff.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is some cheap shit supermarket brand he is using.

PS

In actual fact, in the person's defense, he/she admits this and there is a whole ensuing conversation beneath about the dangers of cheap supermarket stuff.

that's what they sell here. i would love homemade sausage though. spicy and garlicky, mmmmm :)

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that's what they sell here. i would love homemade sausage though. spicy and garlicky, mmmmm :)

The best stuff is bought at delicatessens and foreign butchers. Markets are a good place to find stuff like this. I think it, the proper stuff, is just made of offal. Apparently there is a difference between the Spanish and Mexican varieties, but then the Portuguese make it also and even in Spain there are regional varieties.

I just remembered! I watched how it was traditionally made on television, Keith Floyd or Rick Stein or some other cookery show in Spain. All I can remember is they slit a pig's throat and let the animals blood drain out, and that they string the sausages up and cure them for ages.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

The best stuff is bought at delicatessens and foreign butchers. Markets are a good place to find stuff like this. I think it, the proper stuff, is just made of offal. Apparently there is a difference between the Spanish and Mexican varieties, but then the Portuguese make it also and even in Spain there are regional varieties.

I just remembered! I watched how it was traditionally made on television, Keith Floyd or Rick Stein or some other cookery show in Spain. All I can remember is they slit a pig's throat and let the animals blood drain out, and that they string the sausages up and cure them for ages.

i will not look at what is in linguica or andouille cos i love them both! :)

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

The no offal law. I think they used to put a lot more bread or flour in suasages than they do now. Chorizos are awesome to cook chicken with. 

Sheep lungs. What the Americans have against the consumption of a Sheep's pulmonary organ is anybody's guess?

1 minute ago, Powerage5 said:

Got absolutely pissed last night in Liverpool - 2 beers, 5 Jager bombs, 2 ciders, 2 jack and cokes. Ended up drinking with a stag party who were all dressed as Oompa Loompas :lol:

You call that drinking, you big girls bra! :lol: 

2 hours ago, wasted said:

I went with the Free Flow Champagne, Wine, Beer deal. They cut me off after 2 hours. I'm not sure they knew who they we're dealing with. 

I'm picturing the Louie Anderson joke about going to the all you can eat Chinese Buffet. "You here fawh owah! You go now!"

7 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I'm picturing the Louie Anderson joke about going to the all you can eat Chinese Buffet. "You here fawh owah! You go now!"

I spent the last hour muttering about the "pussy hipster drinks deal".

On reflection I had 4 beers, 2 bottles of champagne and 2 bottles of red wine. And a hand-cooked all american breakfast with portobello mushrooms that took 3 hours to eat. 

• Like 2

Just now, wasted said:

I spent the last hour muttering about the "pussy hipster drinks deal".

On reflection I had 4 beers, 2 bottles of champagne and 2 bottles of red wine. And a hand-cooked all american breakfast with portobello mushrooms that took 3 hours to eat. 

as well you should! damn those false advertisers :D

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

as well you should! damn those false advertisers :D

It was a scam menu anyway. Different prices of each course. But 1st course was drinks like bloody mary, 2nd course was fruit salad or pancakes, 3rd course had the only real food. And you had to add extra for the full breakfast. And only 1 course from each section. So you couldn't order 2 courses from course 3. So only option was 1 course from course 3. Otherwise you get banged for 40 dollars for a fry up and fruit cup. So 10 dollars for free flow booze was the one an only correct answer. 

• Like 1