The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

On 6/10/2017 at 5:12 PM, Powerage5 said:

Ain't nothing wrong with a girly drink every now and then. 

I've been on the Jim Morrisons today (Root beer schnapps, Jager, and Coke in case you don't know that one). I've been on a serious Jager kick ever since I was in the UK for some reason. 

My gf always orders whiskey straight up and I like stuff like Pina Coladas and Mai Tais

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

My gf always orders whiskey straight up and I like stuff like Pina Coladas and Mai Tais

ewww at whiskey much less straight up! pina coladas are great :D

5 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Man up, bitch boy.

Hide contents

j/k, I like Mai Tais too...from time to time

actually mai tais are pretty lethal! my friends and i used to hang out at a bar where the mai tais came in these giant glasses, i swear one and it'd knock you on your arse :P

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

I got my liver test back. 

My ALT is 99. Normal is 50. My doctor told me I shouldn't drink until my next blood test. 

That is after July 4th. 

AND I AM PISSED. 

Oh no, sorry to hear that man!  Both for your liver and the Drs orders.

I kid you not; earlier today on here I meant to ask you if the new more potent beer was in your area yet.  Have you been drinking that already?

Just now, soon said:

Oh no, sorry to hear that man!  Both for your liver and the Drs orders.

I kid you not; earlier today on here I meant to ask you if the new more potent beer was in your area yet.  Have you been drinking that already?

Not cold. You can buy higher abv but it's all room temperature. 

I haven't had a drink in two weeks and I am one ornery bastard. 

Twenty-five with a shit liver. What a load of piss. 

25 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Not cold. You can buy higher abv but it's all room temperature. 

I haven't had a drink in two weeks and I am one ornery bastard. 

Twenty-five with a shit liver. What a load of piss. 

yeah, thats really shitty.  I feel for you.  And I hope your liver gets its mojo back soon.

Must have been a challenging two weeks, so congratulations on that.  

19 hours ago, wasted said:

Just pour tequila in beer. Nobody will say nothing. 

Nobody will say nothing, because they don't know what the fuck to say, really...

My buddy & I used to pour Jack in our Old Milwaukee long necks in high school. Oh man, we thought that was the shizz. Until you cross the line with it, and then you beg for a merciful death for a day or two...

2 hours ago, wasted said:

I had some liver damage in early 2000s. I had to stop just about everything for a year or until I passed the medical. When I did the insurance guy gave me a bottle of wine. It was the best wine I ever tasted. 

That's the beautiful thing about the liver, it regenerates and mends itself. I remember reading that and having a sort of religious moment. I like to think you have to keep pushing it to the edge to stop it getting lazy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Nobody will say nothing, because they don't know what the fuck to say, really...

My buddy & I used to pour Jack in our Old Milwaukee long necks in high school. Oh man, we thought that was the shizz. Until you cross the line with it, and then you beg for a merciful death for a day or two...

I got the idea from a commercial canned beer with tequila. A Texuillera. Tequieer. Something. Tequila doesn't seem to effect me so much. I have this weird way of doing shots so they don't touch my throat though. Having said that I got f'd up in that brazilian bar on those tequila based mixed drinks. Clear alcohol I swear it's the future. 

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

That's the beautiful thing about the liver, it regenerates and mends itself. I remember reading that and having a sort of religious moment. I like to think you have to keep pushing it to the edge to stop it getting lazy.

You have monitor it though, you want to be like JR, just boozing whiskey for years then need a transplant. I guess give it a rest here and there. But as you become more skilled it's easy for it not really effect you. The units per day is very limiting. Bingeing is more heart attack style, slow and steady is more liver transplant. 

13 hours ago, wasted said:

You have monitor it though, you want to be like JR, just boozing whiskey for years then need a transplant. I guess give it a rest here and there. But as you become more skilled it's easy for it not really effect you. The units per day is very limiting. Bingeing is more heart attack style, slow and steady is more liver transplant. 

You also need to avoid the George Best mistake of believing once you've been given a new one you can hammer the fuck out of it again like you were 25 again.