The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

I know the following wont be for everybody.  But for the sake of all of our health I will risk sharing.  Im not a herbalist.  I do use/ have used all the following after educating myself from reputable sources:

Dandelions promote good liver function.  The entire plant, but roots the most.  One can buy dried roots in chunks or ground.  They're ground because its used as a coffee substitute.  You can blend brewed roots with coffee if you drink coffee, or just have the dandelion coffee (or dandelion hot chocolate?).  Do check the source for quality.  The bitter greens are great in a salad and offer digestive aid as well as liver health stuffs.  Safe to have dandelion coffee daily, after a night of drinking too.  Foraging and dehydrating your own can be fun too.

Milk Thistle is really powerful for liver health.  But to the point were it can be a shock to a lush liver and have negative impacts.  If one dries out it can be good to introduce a tincture of Milk Thistle (again ensure quality source).  From a drop a day on up to bottle directions over time.  Even if done slowly one may notice brain fog and moodiness.  Honestly cleaning up liver can release anger.  I know how that sounds; like the old folk expression "He's spitting bile."  Ive experienced it myself.  Mostly the brain fog.  Do this only after dry and after a larger health regime has been established - eating good, extra hydration and increased activity (walks).  Do your own research about whether your body is ready or able to receive milk thistle.

Drinking water with a squeeze of fresh lemon is the easiest way to take a bit of care for liver.  Lemon cleanses.  

If any of this seems like something you might do, then theres lots more to be googled:  "foods for liver health"  etc

4 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

You also need to avoid the George Best mistake of believing once you've been given a new one you can hammer the fuck out of it again like you were 25 again.

Is that proof that addiction is in your brain? That light goes off in your brain and doesn't matter if you have a liver or two livers you are going to down a cold beer. "Cold beer" alert!

1 hour ago, wasted said:

Is that proof that addiction is in your brain? That light goes off in your brain and doesn't matter if you have a liver or two livers you are going to down a cold beer. "Cold beer" alert!

Just wait until the genetic mutation that gives a dude two livers... that's gonna be a giant step forward in evolution. He's gonna pass it on, cuz he's gonna be out in the bar every night pulling trim... (hey- we came up with the term trim in the 80s- I'm gonna use it)....

2 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Just wait until the genetic mutation that gives a dude two livers... that's gonna be a giant step forward in evolution. He's gonna pass it on, cuz he's gonna be out in the bar every night pulling trim... (hey- we came up with the term trim in the 80s- I'm gonna use it)....

You mean out every night shouting incomprensibly at the bar staff about something and gambling on the next terror attack. I doubt unlimited booze equals more chicks, I have my doubts. But if you have two livers, maybe you could have other mutations. 

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

You mean out every night shouting incomprensibly at the bar staff about something and gambling on the next terror attack. I doubt unlimited booze equals more chicks, I have my doubts. But if you have two livers, maybe you could have other mutations. 

Good point... I guess the two peckered Billy goat never caught on, and legend has it he's been around for years... if he can't do it, nobody can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Good point... I guess the two peckered Billy goat never caught on, and legend has it he's been around for years... if he can't do it, nobody can.

Chicks probably just think what about two guys, we more multi-mutation oriented. Same could be said about livers though, just get another person this one is fucked. Boil it down and make a Playstation out of it. 

Edited by wasted

1 hour ago, arnold layne said:

Planning on walking in July 6th to get my enzymes reevaluated. This will be exactly 30 days since my last test.

Haven't picked smoking back up, so I am pretty proud of myself. 

Thats awesome, man!  Well done!  Hoping for favourable test results

• Like 1

19 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Planning on walking in July 6th to get my enzymes reevaluated. This will be exactly 30 days since my last test.

Haven't picked smoking back up, so I am pretty proud of myself. 

I don't really know what this means. What enzymes re-evaluated? (if you don't mind my asking).

The Mrs. got me a Craftbeer Box for fathersday. Basically it's a small wooden crate that includes a small crowbar to open it with a number of Belgian craft beers inside.

Working on a 13,2% Belgian blonde beer (pale ale) right now. There are some more (different ones) in the fridge. I'm probably going to have a rough day tomorrow. 

I feel manly as fuck with my tiny crowbar though. Go home Gordon, I'll handle the Resonance Cascade from here! 

The packaging is similar to this: 

RELATIE%20%20XI.jpg 

Edited by username
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, username said:

The Mrs. got me a Craftbeer Box for fathersday. Basically it's a small wooden crate that includes a small crowbar to open it with a number of Belgian craft beers inside.

Working on a 13,2% Belgian blonde beer (pale ale) right now. There are some more (different ones) in the fridge. I'm probably going to have a rough day tomorrow. 

I feel manly as fuck with my tiny crowbar though. Go home Gordon, I'll handle the Resonance Cascade from here! 

The packaging is similar to this: 

RELATIE%20%20XI.jpg 

that's so cool! your wife is a keeper ;)

Where I live "patio season" is a cherished time of year.  It has not stopped raining for weeks.  Its destroying patio season.  I haven't been to one.  Also, I tend to drink seasonal beers - most simply described as lighter beers and hoppier in summer and darker and maltier, spicier, nuttier beer in winter.  So this weather is confusing my palette.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Bought a GIANT ass bottle of Canadian Club to knock down with some friends while spinning records tonight. I expect to be wildly hungover tomorrow.

Happy Canada Day!  Spent as many Canadians will spend it 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, soon said:

Where I live "patio season" is a cherished time of year.  It has not stopped raining for weeks.  Its destroying patio season.  I haven't been to one.  Also, I tend to drink seasonal beers - most simply described as lighter beers and hoppier in summer and darker and maltier, spicier, nuttier beer in winter.  So this weather is confusing my palette.

i hate when seasons don't cooperate! i want cool enough nights so i can have friends by, sit around the fire pit and i can have my first s'more. yes, i have been cruelly deprived of even one s'more in my life! :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i hate when seasons don't cooperate! i want cool enough nights so i can have friends by, sit around the fire pit and i can have my first s'more. yes, i have been cruelly deprived of even one s'more in my life! :D

do you have a torch for creme brule?  drink wine then make smores with a torch. easy peasy :)