The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

On 3/5/2017 at 9:54 PM, wasted said:

4 beers and a bottle of wine. Wine is always a mistake. Beer is not really going to hurt you. 

ha! tell that to 18 year old me 20 years ago when the only alcohol we could get was beer sold by these old Swedish women who would sell it to anyone. we'd wait by the back door til one of them would come out and sell it. she even sold to like obvious 11 year olds! anyway, the hangovers i'd get off that beer, the time i backed into a steel post at a gas station ( how i did not get arrested i have no clue, i was drunk, underage and had a permit not a real license ) the time i had to drive drunk on beer to the police station to try and bail my idiot ex bf out of jail cos he punched a bouncer at a club where we were at...:facepalm:

6 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ha! tell that to 18 year old me 20 years ago when the only alcohol we could get was beer sold by these old Swedish women who would sell it to anyone. we'd wait by the back door til one of them would come out and sell it. she even sold to like obvious 11 year olds! anyway, the hangovers i'd get off that beer, the time i backed into a steel post at a gas station ( how i did not get arrested i have no clue, i was drunk, underage and had a permit not a real license ) the time i had to drive drunk on beer to the police station to try and bail my idiot ex bf out of jail cos he punched a bouncer at a club where we were at...:facepalm:

True when I was 11 I remember drinking beer and I was so drunk I couldn't ride my bike home. So I left it in a bus shelter. The next day it wasn't there so I told my parent it was stolen. They called the police and they put an APB out on my bmx. They couldn't find it. So I got a skateboard. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wasted said:

True when I was 11 I remember drinking beer and I was so drunk I couldn't ride my bike home. So I left it in a bus shelter. The next day it wasn't there so I told my parent it was stolen. They called the police and they put an APB out on my bmx. They couldn't find it. So I got a skateboard. 

did you ride the skateboard while drunk as well? :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

i think @wasted can do anything drunk...now can he do stuff sober? I think he struggles when sober as that is an unnatural condition for him :P

If I'm sober I get irritable and ocd. by noon I need a beer or long island ice tea to really continue living. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i sucked because a. i am a klutz and b. have a poor sense of gravity and c. i am 5'9 for a chick that's TALL and falling down sucks! :P

I'm none of those things but yeah pain is not fun. Fell on my ass once I was out. So entitled. 

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

looooooooooooooong time ago. you may have been kidding :) i mean being wasted and all :P

Maybe I was refering to bars in Shanghai's french concession area. I used reverse euphemisms sometimes. There's bars in these post colonial mansions. You know like where a mistress used to live. I always think this is where the opium was at. So I could imagine myself saying drinking in an opium den. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wasted said:

Maybe I was refering to bars in Shanghai's french concession area. I used reverse euphemisms sometimes. There's bars in these post colonial mansions. You know like where a mistress used to live. I always think this is where the opium was at. So I could imagine myself saying drinking in an opium den. 

sounds good to me! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Anyone ever tried absinthe before? I had it for the first time last night, really liked it. 

I went through a phase with it. It's really fun, right up to the point where it's really really not fun. There isn't much of a middle ground with it, the first 3-4 shots are great, shots 5+ end in a blackout. Pro-tip: don't chase it with whiskey.

...or are you one of those people that sip it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I went through a phase with it. It's really fun, right up to the point where it's really really not fun. There isn't much of a middle ground with it, the first 3-4 shots are great, shots 5+ end in a blackout. Pro-tip: don't chase it with whiskey.

...or are you one of those people that sip it?

I tried it at a local distillery tasting - they had three different styles, I had about a shot's worth of each. I did them as shots - I don't know much about absinthe other than the hallucinogen myth, so I don't know the "proper" way to drink it.

31 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I tried it at a local distillery tasting - they had three different styles, I had about a shot's worth of each. I did them as shots - I don't know much about absinthe other than the hallucinogen myth, so I don't know the "proper" way to drink it.

You're "supposed to" pour it over a sugar cube or something, I've always done it as shots (sometimes on fire) but I've been told it should be sipped. The hallucinogen myth is just that, but it does get you pretty fucked up :lol:

• Like 1

On 3/26/2017 at 5:27 PM, wasted said:

I have discovered the merits of white wine. So much easier to maintain. 

good choice! ;)

5 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Milwaukee's Beast- hammer it down.

My fraternity used to buy kegs of that shit. It ranked 2nd- behind Meister Brau, ahead of Black Label.

worst beer hands down in my opinion is Keystone. never even gave me a buzz :lol: