The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

On 4/21/2017 at 5:35 PM, soon said:

yeah, its really bad.  It is very difficult to drink.  But I can see how it will be good if i stick to the recipe.  Its just no fun to throw out home-brew so Im having one every now and then.  Theres loads of good home-brews from the woods: Dandelion and burdock is great, meadowsweet mead, Stinging nettle ale.  And sage ale from the garden.  As a bonus they are way easier to make then a lot of beers.

Now I wont have to sip one again for a few weeks, thank goodness :lol:

please please come here and make all this cool stuff! did we speak of the Spanish wind torte before? if anyone could make it i know YOU could.

and serve it with some Armand De Brignac  Brut Gold ( hey it's only 240.00 a bottle! )

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

please please come here and make all this cool stuff! did we speak of the Spanish wind torte before? if anyone could make it i know YOU could.

and serve it with some Armand De Brignac  Brut Gold ( hey it's only 240.00 a bottle! )

Remind me about the Spanish wind torte?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

really???? i need someone to ( bucket list thing! :P )

I bake some, but primarily savoury.  I do a pumpkin pie half decent, and some alright chocolate chip cookies and thats about it.  Id love to get into making chocolates more (not that its baking though)

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

really???? i need someone to ( bucket list thing! :P )

wish I could help!  Sorry!

And like many canadians, crossing the border sounds like no fun to me right now.  But I would propose a mygnr booze sharing mail thing.  We can all mail each other the good beer and what not?  That way there'd be no Gin shortages and we could all taste all the beers we discuss!

Im enjoying a Hops and Robbers from Double Trouble Brewery out of Southern Ontario.  Everyone should get to try one.  It delicious!

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, soon said:

wish I could help!  Sorry!

And like many canadians, crossing the border sounds like no fun to me right now.  But I would propose a mygnr booze sharing mail thing.  We can all mail each other the good beer and what not?  That way there'd be no Gin shortages and we could all taste all the beers we discuss!

Im enjoying a Hops and Robbers from Double Trouble Brewery out of Southern Ontario.  Everyone should get to try one.  It delicious!

we are not allowed by law to receive alcoholic beverages by mail :(

maybe i can find a baker here to make it? i have wanted to eat this ever since i was in high school working in the school library and reading books in my "down time"...which was a lot :P not many kids hang out at the library...well they did not in my day ;) anyway found this in a cookbook and have wanted to try it ever since :)

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

we are not allowed by law to receive alcoholic beverages by mail :(

maybe i can find a baker here to make it? i have wanted to eat this ever since i was in high school working in the school library and reading books in my "down time"...which was a lot :P not many kids hang out at the library...well they did not in my day ;) anyway found this in a cookbook and have wanted to try it ever since :)

really, you're not?  I will have to plead the 5th then!  Can they be delivered to a local booze shop?

I love that you were a book nerd in high school! :) 

Have you ever made the attempt at it?

Edit:  also love how you go by the rule of law; no weed till July and no mail beer :) 

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ouzo is the the really strong licorice flavored booze from Greece if i am correct. i want to try aquavit cos i hear it tastes like gin in a way and i MISS gin :wub:

Was actually Patis the french Ouzo. Aniseed I think. Good when it's hot, just add iced water. It was 3 dollars a bottle. So I got 3 bottles. I'm ready for the jungle. 

• Like 2

Just now, wasted said:

Was actually Patis the french Ouzo. Aniseed I think. Good when it's hot, just add iced water. It was 3 dollars a bottle. So I got 3 bottles. I'm ready for the jungle. 

anise and licorice are the same you make the licorice from anise ( the Produce Goddess aka me KNOWS ;) )

Contemplating whether or not to have wine for breakfast today. Think it sounds like a pretty neat idea, actually, tho I only have eight bottles left so I probably shouldn't because then I'll need to head down to the liquor store in a couple days and I already spent way too much on booze this saturday because it was my birthday so I had to have a lot, you know? Cos I was like "hey let's throw a party".

Somehow I managed to down a bottle of mint vodka and a bottle of wine all in the matter of like two hours. The result is I can't remember a thing after my friend had to go to the hospital, but apparently I was a pain in the ass to everyone around me because I was so upset about them not letting me help my friend because, as they put it, I was 'so drunk they woulda just taken me too'. 

It sounds awesome, I think most people at noon are spending 10 dollars on some stale carbs across the road from their veal fattening pen with only 5 hours between them a beer. I regret not drinking more. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, wasted said:

It sounds awesome, I think most people at noon are spending 10 dollars on some stale carbs across the road from their veal fattening pen with only 5 hours between them a beer. I regret not drinking more. 

Dude, I just skip uni because albeit I seem pretty stupid, I'm really of average intelligence and able to fix shit up later. 

Ok gotta log o.ut now cos I'm making dinner cos my brother an a friend are comin over so