The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

I never liked him like I said and all through that game every time he didn't get a shot off during the game i was screaming to bring Giroud on, if only for the hold up and physical presence but y'know what, for what he's had to put up with from United fans, Van Gaal, scepticism from our fans he deserved his moment in the light and his chance to celebrate, everybody was mugging him off and he just put in the back of the net, turned around and said 'have that you cunts'...fair play to him.

We played 10 men for 90 minutes and it never even showed. We are not as good as the league gap suggests, but we're the best English team in Europe this year, last year, the year before, and before that...

We are in Europe this year longer than Chelsea.

Bristol City...apt name for a bunch of tits :lol:

ohhff, the prawn sandwich bregade from Le Arse out in force I see!

13 points clear (5 wins in a row) and off to Wembley next week for the mighty Johnstons Paint Trophy, see you in the Champions League soon :headbang:

And no, our mascot is not a tit, it is Scrumpy the robin!

220px-Scrumpy.jpg

Edited by Use Your Delusion 1

ohhff, the prawn sandwich bregade from Le Arse out in force I see!

As long as it annoys Roy Keane I'll have pawn sandwiches puree'd and fuckin' mainline the fuckers :D Got no problem with Bristol actually, just wanted to get my desperately mature pun in there :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

Yes dear but after a series of happenstances its swiiftly become a case of the pot calling the kettle African American.

Of all of the trivia I have acquired over the years, the fact that their father is called Neville Neville is fairly low on the list.

Makes the famous chant more accurate i suppose :lol:

Why though? :lol:

Really Len ... Really !! Haha!

It was a serious question man, i wasn't trying to lead you into anything although I'm guessing your 'really!' comment as in it should be obvious is cuz of the recent thing with the black geezer on getting on the train? Didn't think that'd be enough to hate a team over and since you were a United supporter and there's no like...MASSIVE age old enmity between United and Chelsea really, that was why I asked.

Even then though, with the black geezer getting on the train thing, can't really condemn the entire Chelsea FC and their support for it. I mean for the 5 or 10 or 15 people that gave that fella some stick in Paris what about the scores, hundreds, thousands that pack Stamford Bridge every week, ones that whole up that massive banner saying something like whatever colour we're all blue?

s'not like it's stopped being true

No, it just starts to sound slightly ridiculous.

Mourinho was left furious after the former Liverpool duo heavily criticised Chelsea’s gamesmanship during their Champions League exit to Paris Saint Germain in midweek.

Souness branded Chelsea ‘pathetic’ for surrounding the referee before Zlatan Ibrahimovic was sent off for a challenge on Oscar, while Carragher insisted Mourinho’s side will never be loved.

But in a scathing response, Mourinho hit back saying: “You know, the world is a bit strange. Maybe because of diet and maybe the quality of the products we are eating, memories are getting shorter.

“Because, you know, when Jamie Carragher and Graeme Souness speak about it, it's because they are having a problem for sure.

“Jamie stopped playing a couple of years ago and, in two years, he forget everything he did on the pitch.

“Mr Souness also, but he stopped playing a long times ago. I coached Benfica, I know a lot about him, so much about him.

“But I'm a certain kind of education, not just in football but in life, and I prefer to laugh. Envy is the biggest tribute that the shadows do to the man. It's about life.”

Carragher and Souness got told :lol: He's got a point too. Punditry is one thing but when you call someone/thing 'pathetic', thats not a critique, thats an insult, you're supposed to provide some kind of professional insight, not slag em off.

Edited by Len B'stard

The ref reaction thing is something you see every day in La Liga and all that, i don't see the problem with it, it's just players trying to get an advantage, it's not like...cheating in the direct sense of the word, if you're a professional referee you rely on your eyes and there's specific guidelines out there, VERY specific upon which you are to make your judgement, if players protesting bothers you then maybe you're in the wrong job. Just my personal opinion.