The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

There was rumours around about pissing on dead bodies and such, that just sounds made up, without knowing really about any details.

Ay, rumours from The Sun, from "that" article, which have all been busted as 100% false years and years ago. That's kind of my point; all of the bile that Chris1989 spews has been proven false yet he still says it as though it's a fact. As I said, call LIverpool FC shit, call Gerrard shit, whatever, but talking shit about a tragedy just makes you a cunt, and that is as a human, not as a Liverpool supporter.

Edited by PappyTron
  • Like 1

There was rumours around about pissing on dead bodies and such, that just sounds made up, without knowing really about any details.

Ay, rumours from The Sun, from "that" article, which have all been busted as 100% false years and years ago. That's kind of my point; all of the bile that Chris1989 spews has been proven false yet he still says it as though it's a fact. As I said, call LIverpool FC shit, call Gerrard shit, whatever, but talking shit about a tragedy just makes you a cunt, and that is as a human, not as a Liverpool supporter.

Yeah that's unfortunately how it works Pappy. The authorities mess up and gossip some shit stories to the Sun to cover it up. Since The sun is read by a whole lot of idiots, who will take everything the Sun writes as fact and will never follow up on the story they keep on beleiving that. The new report and apology made does not interest them, the orginal story fits their agenda.

• Like 1

Yeah that's unfortunately how it works Pappy. The authorities mess up and gossip some shit stories to the Sun to cover it up. Since The sun is read by a whole lot of idiots, who will take everything the Sun writes as fact and will never follow up on the story they keep on beleiving that. The new report and apology made does not interest them, the orginal story fits their agenda.

Some people would rather wallow in their ignorance, MB, than accept that they are wrong. yOu can't educate though who don't want to be. Kind of sad, really.

I tend to stick to The Daily Sport myself, quality journalism that. Actually my brother used to buy that regularly...and read it too, as if it was The Independent or something. True story.

"Woman in Luton gives birth to Four-Headed Baby!"

Edited by PappyTron

I tend to stick to The Daily Sport myself, quality journalism that. Actually my brother used to buy that regularly...and read it too, as if it was The Independent or something. True story.

It wasn't aimed against you Lenny. ;)

It wasn't aimed against you Lenny. ;)

I understand, i was going off on a tangent as I am want to do regarding a newspaper that exists in England that is basically tits on every page, interspersed with clearly spurious articles with headlines such as that which Pappys post described, i think it was ostensibly meant to be a newspaper that covered Sport but got lost somewhere on the way. I was making light of the fact that there's actually very little to read in there, nor i daresay do many of it's patrons concern themselves with trifles like literacy. But my brother would read this thing, actually read it, like Alan Bennett at the breakfast table, quite surreal really, now i think back :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Sport

Oh dear, it's been axed :(

Edited by Len B'stard

Don't know. It is full of homosexuals kissing before the watershed.

Since when was kissing before the watershed disallowed? :lol:

Every soap has to have the proper quota of 'gays'.

I almost think you're being serious...

Although I don't agree with Daisy on almost anything. He does have a point. On the quota for British "soaps" part at least.

There was a point a few years ago where every other character introduced to those kind of shows was either gay, lesbian, transgender, or a victim of child abuse. I think it was Coronation Street which at one point had almost quarter of it's characters fall under those stereotypes.

Now diversity is always important, but so is moderation and being "proportionate".

I do though remember when Brookside moved to the later time slot after the ratings plummeted. I specifically remember Max borderline fingering Jacqui though (while flicking the channel). Who'd have thought it'd be cancelled soon after?

Anyway it's all trash TV and this probably isn't a football related discussion :P.

So, they kinda went from decades of not acknowledging that homosexuality exists at all to an unrealistically high level of representation as an unsophisticated effort at compensating? I guess it's all plot devices in a fairly trashy fictional narrative anyway, I doubt the writers are concerned with analysing demographic data to ensure that their number of homosexual characters is reflective of the societal reality.

I was more baffled by the Dark-Ages-esque idea that homosexual kissing in particular should be after the watershed, as though it's more of an obscenity than heterosexual kissing...

Call me ''something from the dark ages'' or a ''bigot'' but I do not want my nephews to be exposed to homosexual kissing and will promptly remove them from the room if it appears on screen.

Out the room? Is your homophobia so intense that merely changing the channel won't do the trick? :P

No cuz they have to know they've done something wrong by looking at it, if you quickly fumble the channel over it looks like you're the one thats done something wrong. I suppose you'd have to tell em too, the reason why, for casting eye on the queers. But then if seeing it in the living room is out of order then where does that leave talking about it? And you don't wanna send them out of the room without them knowing why, they might think it's like one of lifes forfeits, like everytime you see gayness on the telly you and your male cousin get sent out of the room to engage in some as a punishment :lol:

Well, if they're gonnae be gay, they're gonnae be gay... I don't think any gay person when asked the question "When did you know ?" would say that as a young child they always fancied Sarah from two doors down, held hands on the way to school and imagined they'd be married when they were older; until they accidentally saw two lads winching on Hollyoaks and suddenly decided "That's the life for me!" as they were dragged bodily from the room.

Don't know. It is full of homosexuals kissing before the watershed.

Since when was kissing before the watershed disallowed? :lol:

Every soap has to have the proper quota of 'gays'.

I almost think you're being serious...

Although I don't agree with Daisy on almost anything. He does have a point. On the quota for British "soaps" part at least.

There was a point a few years ago where every other character introduced to those kind of shows was either gay, lesbian, transgender, or a victim of child abuse. I think it was Coronation Street which at one point had almost quarter of it's characters fall under those stereotypes.

Now diversity is always important, but so is moderation and being "proportionate".

I do though remember when Brookside moved to the later time slot after the ratings plummeted. I specifically remember Max borderline fingering Jacqui though (while flicking the channel). Who'd have thought it'd be cancelled soon after?

Anyway it's all trash TV and this probably isn't a football related discussion :P.

So, they kinda went from decades of not acknowledging that homosexuality exists at all to an unrealistically high level of representation as an unsophisticated effort at compensating? I guess it's all plot devices in a fairly trashy fictional narrative anyway, I doubt the writers are concerned with analysing demographic data to ensure that their number of homosexual characters is reflective of the societal reality.

I was more baffled by the Dark-Ages-esque idea that homosexual kissing in particular should be after the watershed, as though it's more of an obscenity than heterosexual kissing...

Call me ''something from the dark ages'' or a ''bigot'' but I do not want my nephews to be exposed to homosexual kissing and will promptly remove them from the room if it appears on screen.

Out the room? Is your homophobia so intense that merely changing the channel won't do the trick? :P

No cuz they have to know they've done something wrong by looking at it, if you quickly fumble the channel over it looks like you're the one thats done something wrong. I suppose you'd have to tell em too, the reason why, for casting eye on the queers. But then if seeing it in the living room is out of order then where does that leave talking about it? And you don't wanna send them out of the room without them knowing why, they might think it's like one of lifes forfeits, like everytime you see gayness on the telly you and your male cousin get sent out of the room to engage in some as a punishment :lol:

Well, if they're gonnae be gay, they're gonnae be gay... I don't think any gay person when asked the question "When did you know ?" would say that as a young child they always fancied Sarah from two doors down, held hands on the way to school and imagined they'd be married when they were older; until they accidentally saw two lads winching on Hollyoaks and suddenly decided "That's the life for me!" as they were dragged bodily from the room.
Honestly Graeme, you're so naive! Its like a cult, they nab your kids, like the Moonies or Scientology :lol: Edited by Len B'stard

Fuckin' robbed today...really narked about it, been containing it by pretending it never happened, kind of like date rape, if you don't tell no one the rapist is hardly likely to :lol: Sorry, thats not remotely funny, is it?

How's your asshole, Len?! Talking of which:

liverpool_brazzers.png

Fuckin' robbed today...really narked about it, been containing it by pretending it never happened, kind of like date rape, if you don't tell no one the rapist is hardly likely to :lol: Sorry, thats not remotely funny, is it?

How's your asshole, Len?! Talking of which:

liverpool_brazzers.png

Don't say ASShole Pappy, it don't become ya :lol: ARSE is more appropriate...and more sharp and severe sounding too, as befitting the occasion :lol: Dunno what I'm laughing about cuz it ain't funny, fuckin' ugly diving elephant man looking cunt.

Second game in a row, SECOND fuckin' game and he does for one of our defenders. Alright he was through on goal but there was BARELY, BARELY fuckin' contact on that tackle...and this pranny does 80 rolls and a pirouhette and the minute reds out the fuckin' cunts on his feet quick as you like, fuckin' jokes, it really is, if i was Mertesacker i would've booted the fuckin' cunt in the head on the way out just for the fuckin' sake of it, ugly fuckin' cunt.

Then again I've always rated Suarez and he did similar so perhaps I'm being hypocritical. Seems with Costa there's more fuckin' tart-like behaviour and less of the other though.

Edited by Len B'stard

Which is probably why i let Suarez off. Also, a key difference is when Suarez dont get his way he'll find a way, Costa will just get in a strop, theres a fine line between being emotionally into the game and just being a whiner. You can get to Costa, the reason hes so good at needling people is because hes someone that a bit of needle really effects, the same is not as constantly the case with Suarez.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

Whenever I watch Costa it's like he's more interested in winding people up than actually winning the game. It's like when he kicked Skrtel when they were both on the ground; Skrtel just brushed it off, but if it had the been the other way round Costa would have rolled 50 feet down the pitch and done a double cartwheel at the end. It's not even a case of he scores so many goals and makes so many assists that he is invaluable to a team. I bet he shoves his thumb up his girl's ass and then gives it the whole "ME?!! I didn't do anything!".