The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

Suarez <3

Just want to point out Ajax found him ;)

Suarez is an amazing player; love him to bits.

He's a cheating prick.

...And Rooney, Gerrard, Dani Alves, Ronaldo, Owen, Robben, Shearer and even Messi dived before. Some more than others, but I don't get why Surazez should have a worse reputation than the likes of Costa.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 2

Suarez <3

He's a cheating prick.

No more than any other player, and at least he is well known for being extremely quiet, polite and family orientated off of the field, so it's just in the heat of the moment he pushed things too far. He's never broken anyone's leg in a crunching tackle, never tried to end someone's career, like Roy Keane did, never been caught in a brothel like Wayne Rooney was, never fucked his brother's wife for years, like Ryan Giggs did, never tried to steal money by avoiding his taxes, like Messi has, never trafficked money across borders, like Ronaldo has, never slept with 14 year old prostitutes, like Ribery has, never shot someone in the face, like Ashley Cole did, never caught with cocaine, like Adrien Mutu was...

Edited by PappyTron
  • Like 2

Suarez <3

He's a cheating prick.

No more than any other player, and at least he is well known for being extremely quiet, polite and family orientated off of the field, so it's just in the heat of the moment he pushed things too far. He's never broken anyone's leg in a crunching tackle, never tried to end someone's career, like Roy Keane did, never been caught in a brothel like Wayne Rooney was, never fucked his brother's wife for years, like Ryan Giggs did, never tried to steal money by avoiding his taxes, like Messi has, never trafficked money across borders, like Ronaldo has, never slept with 14 year old prostitutes, like Ribery has, never shot someone in the face, like Ashley Cole did, never caught with cocaine, like Adrien Mutu was...

Nor is his mum a thief like John Terry :lol:

Suarez <3

He's a cheating prick.

Nor is his mum a thief like John Terry :lol:

It's really weird, because she looks like John Terry in a wig:

SNN3020TM-280_768300a.jpg
Edited by PappyTron

Suarez is an amazing player. It's often overlooked cause of the bite incidents, but he is brilliant.

We still love him a lot here, just as we love Ibra another amazing player who started his international career with us.

My two favorite players for many years now. <3

• Like 1

Liverpool just didn't turn up. Win or lose on penalties they have been so, so laboured. It's amazing how a team can be great one week, lively and full of passion, and so dull the next. Half of this team could go as they simply don't have what it takes, in the main, to play 8/10 football every match. Klopp really has a job on!

Suarez is an amazing player. It's often overlooked cause of the bite incidents, but he is brilliant.

We still love him a lot here, just as we love Ibra another amazing player who started his international career with us.

Something about Ibra puts me off and I'm not sure why. Class player though.

Liverpool just didn't turn up. Win or lose on penalties they have been so, so laboured. It's amazing how a team can be great one week, lively and full of passion, and so dull the next. Half of this team could go as they simply don't have what it takes, in the main, to play 8/10 football every match. Klopp really has a job on!

Who would you say should get the chop?

Something about Ibra puts me off and I'm not sure why. Class player though.

Who would you say should get the chop?

Moreno makes too many defensive mistakes, Mignolet is far too shaky and has never really been settled, Milner is blergh, Henderson blows too hot and cold, Can is the same but is young, Sakho is a beast but always seems to have at least one mistake in him every game, Benteke is the wrong player for the way we want to play, Lallana is all fart no poo...the list is not short.

Something about Ibra puts me off and I'm not sure why.

Well he is pretty arrogant and when screwing up, it's never his fault. Just read his book, it's a great read btw. I can't help loving him, he is such an amazing player. I am happy to have seen him play many times. Ajax fans adore him still. We are proud that he started his career with us.

Something about Ibra puts me off and I'm not sure why.

Well he is pretty arrogant and when screwing up, it's never his fault. Just read his book, it's a great read btw. I can't help loving him, he is such an amazing player. I am happy to have seen him play many times. Ajax fans adore him still. We are proud that he started his career with us.
That goal he scored against England, although i hate by default any goal ever scored against England, was fuckin incredible, that back flippey one from before the halfway line, FUCK ME, how does someone do that?!? That has to be a fluke...but it can't be. Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

As a Liverpool fan, 100% with you on all those points, but I do see progress in everything he needed to address. And all things aside, even just having faith in a manager can go a long way. I was a fan of Rodgers, but you've looked at the last twenty minutes of that match tonight and thought "Shit we're done". Klopp has brought something not to Anfield not seen a long time, I just hope we can bring in the players to match it. I hate when managers are passed on after a few months; positive or negative for Brendan Rodgers, I thought he got the right amount of time. I expect the same from Jurgen.

On a side note, regardless of what team you support, he's incredibly fucking likeable! Breath of fresh air. Besides Leicester who are the obvious outside choice for the league, I'd then like to see Spurs (because I've money on them but I doubt it'll happen), and then Arsenal, win the league. Arsene deserves it.

Edited by Conor
  • Like 1

As a Liverpool, 100% with you on all those points, but I do see progress in everything he needed to address. And all things aside, even just having faith in a manager can go a long way. I was a fan of Rodgers, but you've looked at the last twenty minutes of that match tonight and thought "Shit we're done". Klopp has brought something not to Anfield not seen a long time, I just hope we can bring in the players to match it. I hate when managers are passed on after a few months; positive or negative for Brendan Rodgers, I thought he got the right amount of time. I expect the same from Jurgen.

On a side note, regardless of what team you support, he's incredibly fucking likeable! Breath of fresh air. Besides Leicester who are the obvious outside choice for the league, I'd then like to see Spurs (because I've money on them but I doubt it'll happen), and then Arsenal, win the league. Arsene deserves it.

I agree; Klopp is a very likable guy and that shows in that all of his ex-players have basically nothing but good things to say about him. He makes everyone feel special and that on its own can get average players playing at a better level than they really should. The test that he's going to have is whether he can replicate the magic of finding players like Lewandowski, Hummels, Reus, Goetze, Subotic etc again and whether the money that is sloshing around in the PL (who would have thought that Stoke could buy Shaqiri from Bayern?!) will mess up his mojo as he doesn't really go for money signings.

My worry with the team at the moment is that Benteke, whilst a great player, is almost the polar opposite of the type of player that you want in a Klopp styled team and at £32 million he is too expensive to have as a Plan B. Then, throw in players like Henderson, Milner and Lallana who are 6/10 players week in week out, along with Sturridge who is boss but never fit, and there is a lot to think about. That being said, I can see Smith and Ojo getting quite a few minutes, along with, perhaps, Teixera, who is obviously similar to Coutinho. Basically, we have too many average players and no players who can drag a team forward like a Suarez, Gerrard or boss the midfield like a Monster Masch or Sissoko.