The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

I seem to remember them beating us 2-0 somewhere...good few years back though.

Now...if the Hammers and Liverpool come through for me I should have enough for that Z4 I've had my eye on :D. Klopps made 10 changes though.

Edited by Len B'stard

Didn't watch the match, but Neville 2 months in the job.. failed to win any league games. Took Valencia who aren't exactly a minnow side from 4th to 12.

Don't know what their situation is, but I'd be shocked Neville makes it to the end of the season. He's literally done more press interviews about the Man Utd job than goals his team has scored :P.

• Like 1

Didn't watch the match, but Neville 2 months in the job.. failed to win any league games. Took Valencia who aren't exactly a minnow side from 4th to 12.

Don't know what their situation is, but I'd be shocked Neville makes it to the end of the season. He's literally done more press interviews about the Man Utd job than goals his team has scored :P.

I've posted this SO many times on this forum and i will post it forever more. It's succinct, it's direct, it's almost poetic in it's stark encapsulating brilliance, never let it be said that there is not a weight of intellect, deliberate or otherwise, behind the feelings of Chelsea supporters because, for my money, they've fuckin' nailed it here, absolutely nailed it, couldn't've said it better myself :D Lord Byron couldn't've put it better! Choirs should sing this.

Edited by Len B'stard

30 minutes ago, Chris1989 said:

I have such faith in Arsenal fucking up its unbelievable. 

You and me both, Soulie was saying earlier in the season that they'd win and I said they wouldn't (and still don't think they will) and he thought i was being pessimistic but I'm not, I just know my team.  Tottenham are above us.  I want to die :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

I don't think that Guardiola is guaranteed success in the PL at all. It is by far the hardest job that he has had, relatively speaking, and the only player that City have at the moment who is in the same group as those at Barcelona and Bayern is Aguero. As always, it's "Man City will swoop for Pogba, Stones and XXX for £170m" which just shows that modern managers live and die by their chequebook.

• Like 1

Vardy's goal was beautiful; I cannot begrudge him it, or Leicester their win.

I think that, so far, Pep hasn't really hit a point where he has had to dig deep and show his credentials as a manager. If it is simply a case of him saying in the summer "I want Pogba, Stones, and £100 million worth of other players" and he gets them all, then that tells us very little. Has Pep ever turned a nobody into a superstar?

So, Valencia have just been smashed 7-0 by Barcelona, with Suarez scoring four and Messi three. I wonder at what point the Valencia board give Neville the Spanish Archer, because as it stands he looks completely out of his depth. I wonder whether it will have any effect on the Man United board with Giggs as well, because I think people simply don't realise that being a good player or pundit is not the same as being a good manager. I like Neville, but he is getting battered from pillar to post in Spain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PappyTron said:

So, Valencia have just been smashed 7-0 by Barcelona, with Suarez scoring four and Messi three. I wonder at what point the Valencia board give Neville the Spanish Archer, because as it stands he looks completely out of his depth. I wonder whether it will have any effect on the Man United board with Giggs as well, because I think people simply don't realise that being a good player or pundit is not the same as being a good manager. I like Neville, but he is getting battered from pillar to post in Spain.

Pundits are rarely good managers. Most people that sit on BBC couches that worked in football were disastrous, same with SKY.

For those unaware :P. That 7-0 was just the first leg of their Spanish Cup tie. If you fancy becoming a billionaire, I'm sure you can you put down a £1 bet on Neville turning it around with an 8-0 comeback next week...

Embedded image permalink

Edited by AtariLegend