The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

What a terrific 2 weeks for United supporters.

1. Watch the scousers lose (with apologies to Pappy) the Europa League final to Sevilla.

2. Watch United raise the FA Cup.

3. Van Dull gets the sack.

4. The Special (Red) One appointed new United manager.... 3 years late, but still.

11 hours ago, PappyTron said:

Xw9klm0.gif

I....I..... I can't turn away. It's mesmerizing. :wow:

On 23 May 2016 at 9:00 PM, wasted said:

When I looked at the team and bench at FA Cup looks like LVG would do well next season. I think utd will win Prem next season. Just by Ibrahimvic or Lukaku for the ariel threat. 

Mmmm cricket wisdom. 

The funny thing with Mourinho is that United fans are wetting themselves over his appointment, but if you cast your mind back a while they were all "I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club! A vile man!"

How quickly Moyes and Van Gaal can change things! :lol:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

The funny thing with Mourinho is that United fans are wetting themselves over his appointment, but if you cast your mind back a while they were all "I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club! A vile man!"

How quickly Moyes and Van Gaal can change things! :lol:

I am still like that. I am NOT convinced about this. They could probably get a much better and fitting manager by looking down in the divisions, and a hell of a lot cheaper.

All charges against Mamadou Sakho have been dropped after UEFA confirmed that nothing that he took was actually on their banned list. That's a joke; his reputation and career dragged through the mud only for it to turn out that he indeed hasn't taken anything that he shouldn't have (the reports from France state that wasn't on any banned list, whereas the reports in the UK focus more on whether the substance should have been on UEFA's list as it is not on WADA's).

fBbF2U.gif

Edited by PappyTron
Fixed an errant comma.

3 hours ago, PappyTron said:

All charges against Mamadou Sakho have been dropped after UEFA confirmed that nothing that he took was actually on their banned list. That's a joke; his reputation and career dragged through the mud only for it to turn out that he indeed hasn't taken anything that he shouldn't have (the reports from France state that wasn't on any banned list, whereas the reports in the UK focus more on whether the substance should have been on UEFA's list as it is not on WADA's).

fBbF2U.gif

So then what was that shit all about?!?  They musta said something.

Edited by Len B'stard

8 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

So then what was that shit all about?!?  They musta said something.

They have just said that his provisional suspension will not be extended and that he is free to play football again, as of midnight tonight. At the moment it isn't 100% clear as UK and French media are reporting it differently, but either what he took was not on the list at all or UEFA accept that what he took was on the list but that it shouldn't have been. It's all a balls up, no matter which it turns out to be.

Just now, PappyTron said:

They have just said that his provisional suspension will not be extended and that he is free to play football again, as of midnight tonight. At the moment it isn't 100% clear as UK and French media are reporting it differently, but either what he took was not on the list at all or UEFA accept that what he took was on the list but that it shouldn't have been. It's all a balls up, no matter which it turns out to be.

Jamie Carragher absolutely slated him on Talksport when it came out. He should be feeling like a prick now.

A shame for Atletico. They've gone down in the worst ways in their three finals, two to their city rival. That sucks. Meanwhile, they beat Barcelona and Bayern to get to Milan and Real had a relatively easy run. Real were also second best in the Final. But, credit to them for doing what had to be done from the spot.