The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

4 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Because they are all fucking cunts that's why. Fucking what????

If my great grandad lived now, he would be a multi-millionaire who enjoyed spit-roasting fifteen year old dolly birds. That is a worrying thought!! My Little Grandma (my great grandma but we called her Little Grandma) would be a WAG haha; you'd understand the funny part here if you envision a typical old school English battleaxe a la Vera Duckworth or Norah Batty. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

15 minutes ago, Conor said:

Excuse me ya scallywag.

_86042390_josh.jpg

I said that before he came on.

Even the Germans have brothers. There is just something wrong about the concept of a black German, although perhaps I grew up on a diet of second world war films.

(ITV commentary team) ''Loew, keeping his hands where we can see them today''. ''I have my gloves in case we have to meet him after the match''.

PS

All of the managers of the opposition of Germany are going to have to shake his hand!!

Edited by DieselDaisy

12 hours ago, sturginho said:

I doubt that he will stick with this 4-3-3 for Slovakia

I kind of see it as a tactic. Stick Kane up there, then bring Vardy and Sturridge on. BUT do we really need to take it to the wire everytime. We could have been 3-0 at half time. At least V and S come on when players are tired. 

Problem is how you fit rooney into 442. 

Suppose put Rooney up with Kane, then Alli and Dier in Mid. 

I guess the ultimate team is Rooney and Wilshire in mid with Vardy and Sturridge up front. Sterling hasn't done much but his pace and potential is there. Lallana is a bit one paced on the wing. Sterling doesn't look at it. Lallana gives you 70mins then bring on Sterling when legs are tired. 

I guess if play stronger teams the Dier, Alli, Wilshire, Rooney diamond with Vardy and Sturridge is the strongest team. The mid will really be about fighting for possession. Then release Vardy and Sturridge. 

But ultimately it's not the formation it just chance conversion. Vardy and Sturridge score goals. if you don't play them you have to keep a clean sheet bcos I don't see the rest getting many goals. Vardy was making darting runs, Sturridge the give and go. Before that they were flat. 

Edited by wasted
Win

7 hours ago, wasted said:

I kind of see it as a tactic. Stick Kane up there, then bring Vardy and Sturridge on. BUT do we really need to take it to the wire everytime. We could have been 3-0 at half time. At least V and S come on when players are tired. 

Problem is how you fit rooney into 442. 

Suppose put Rooney up with Kane, then Alli and Dier in Mid. 

I guess the ultimate team is Rooney and Wilshire in mid with Vardy and Sturridge up front. Sterling hasn't done much but his pace and potential is there. Lallana is a bit one paced on the wing. Sterling doesn't look at it. Lallana gives you 70mins then bring on Sterling when legs are tired. 

I guess if play stronger teams the Dier, Alli, Wilshire, Rooney diamond with Vardy and Sturridge is the strongest team. The mid will really be about fighting for possession. Then release Vardy and Sturridge. 

But ultimately it's not the formation it just chance conversion. Vardy and Sturridge score goals. if you don't play them you have to keep a clean sheet bcos I don't see the rest getting many goals. Vardy was making darting runs, Sturridge the give and go. Before that they were flat. 

I think 3-5-2 would be a good way for him to go, that way he can keep his attacking full backs but play them as wing backs, he can keep Rooney in midfield and he can have a front two of Vardy and Sturridge with ne'er a corner kick from Kane in sight. It's win-win!

17 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Because they are all fucking cunts that's why. Fucking what????

Not all but ones wearing day glo boots need to deliver. You have to ask yourself, am I good enough to be be a cunt?

4 hours ago, sturginho said:

I think 3-5-2 would be a good way for him to go, that way he can keep his attacking full backs but play them as wing backs, he can keep Rooney in midfield and he can have a front two of Vardy and Sturridge with ne'er a corner kick from Kane in sight. It's win-win!

Rooney was taking them wasnt he. 

I feel bad for Kane because he's earned his place this season. Is he knackered, maybe. But as a lone striker it's not working because they arent building through him. In fact I haven't seen such amateur build up play often. Sloppy jesus christ. It's not tight like Spurs. So maybe Kane Vardy but then bring on Sturridge. 

Personally I prefer two strikers. Even in the most doomed to relegation teams you have two strikers. If you want defense take off Sterling and bring on Milner. Or Lallana for Wilshire. 

If youre playing Germany you need. 

Rooney Dier Alli Milner

Vardy Sturridge

you can't afford Sterling and Lallana. They won't do shit. 

10 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

How come you all can watch the footy, dont you work or something?  Thank Christ the Slovakia fixture is in the evening :)

My boss bought us a telly to watch the England game at work. :lol:

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He likes American football I expect.

I'm casual on it also but I've watched bits. It helps when cricket season is shit!

I do like American Football. :lol: