The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

3 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Was he of retirement age though?

No. That was after his side were destroyed by the great Windies I believe. He'd never been a popular captain though because of the split in Australian cricket over the Kerry Packer thing.

On 25/06/2016 at 3:15 AM, wasted said:

Catherine Zeta-Jones Douglas was Welsh until she became Hollywood royalty. 

Teams never come out and play. So England will have to find a way to score. Corners might be good option. Start with Carrol and Crouch up front. Bundle ball in net then bring on counter attacking pace. 

Germany has won this already. Maybe France. 

I don't see France win against Germany, Spain or Italia, even England will be a challenge for them. I say Ronaldo for the win against Germany.

10 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I don't see France win against Germany, Spain or Italia, even England will be a challenge for them. I say Ronaldo for the win against Germany.

I just think France have a strong mid and home advantage and the government aka the media want it. Germsny have won it. I would love to see them lose it on penalties. That might be better than England winning it. 

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

So his team are going to be in world cups while he is sitting at home on his playstation. It will just make him look like a complete wanker, particularly among the Argies.

Just spoilt poncing around with Barca all these years. A tax dodging pussy is his legacy. Just joking. Or Am I!!!

Edited by wasted
Losexit

1 minute ago, wasted said:

Just spoilt poncing around with Barca all these years. A tax dodging pussy is his legacy. Just joking. Or Am I!!!

That is how he will be perceived in Argie bargie land. They will probably invade the Falklands again because of their anger.

England/Roy must be ruing the day they played six subs and fucked up winning the group. The other path, Wales's, is infinitely easier with teams like Portugal, Belgium and Poland. England's will go, assuming success against Iceland: France, Germans Italians or Spanish, Final!

France did it all wrong, there's not really a team anymore, we fired all the hothead key members, Benzema, Ribery, Ben Arfa and Nasri. It's bit of a racial thing. Still we have a great coach who won the world cup and Euro as captain in 1998 and 2000 and wehave now Griezman, Pogba and inefficient Giroud that's pretty much all we have.

11 minutes ago, wasted said:

I just think France have a strong mid and home advantage and the government aka the media want it. Germsny have won it. I would to see them lose it penalties. That might be better than England winning it. 

Edited by Silent Jay

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is how he will be perceived in Argie bargie land. They will probably invade the Falklands again because of their anger.

England/Roy must be ruing the day they played six subs and fucked up winning the group. The other path, Wales's, is infinitely easier with teams like Portugal, Belgium and Poland. England's will go, assuming success against Iceland: France, Germans Italians or Spanish, Final!

Should have beat Slovakia. Vardy and Sturridge missed chances. But Wilshire and Henderson arent as attacking as Alli and Rooney. Not sure why he did that so early. A team grows as they play together. Chopping and changing just disrupts and spreads doubt. They become like robots. 

4 minutes ago, wasted said:

Should have beat Slovakia. Vardy and Sturridge missed chances. But Wilshire and Henderson arent as attacking as Alli and Rooney. Not sure why he did that so early. A team grows as they play together. Chopping and changing just disrupts and spreads doubt. They become like robots. 

The Belgiums, Polands and even Portugal are teams England could beat, at least getting to the final. Your Germans, Italians/Spanish? Not a chance in hell. That is the difference. Roy really screwed up by tinkering in that final game.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Belgiums, Polands and even Portugal are teams England could beat, at least getting to the final. Your Germans, Italians/Spanish? Not a chance in hell. That is the difference. Roy really screwed up by tinkering in that final game.

And looking at the games. The teams defend deep. Germany had to work for their 3 goals against Slovakia. 

Not having an Andy Carrol up there once they get camped in their half is a loss. 

Dier seems like solid option. Maybe moving Lallana in behind Vardy/Sturridge. Sterling and Radhford on wings. 

But decent teams they will be defending so Dier, Wilshire, Henderson, Rooney will be a 4 in mid. Maybe Vardy and Sturridge up front on counter. 

26 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

France did it all wrong, there's not really a team anymore, we fired all the hothead key members, Benzema, Ribery, Ben Arfa and Nasri. It's bit of a racial thing. Still we have a great coach who won the world cup and Euro as captain in 1998 and 2000 and wehave now Griezman, Pogba and inefficient Giroud that's pretty much all we have.

I rate Kante. He breaks up play and runs all game. 

It makes them strong in mid. Payet is player of the tournament? And Griezman is scoring. 

45 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Aguero, lavezzi, higuain, masherano, di Maria, biglia, and Banega are all apparently quitting the argentina team today too.

It's some protest about Argie FA? It's all gone Roy Keane. They were allowed to eat steaks. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Payet's good player, his wife is hot

He's meant to have got his mind right. He can do it all. 

The players they lost were the bad boys? But they kept Ezra the ringleader. 

England lack a Kante, Dier is more of a Beckenbauer. Bit of a pillar. 

Sterling is creating, Lallana isn't either. But Payet is in form. 

Griezman looks sharp. 

Germany just look solid. Spain don't look invincible snymore. 

Belgium have a great team on paper. But Germany have so much experience now. 

47 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

Clearly you didn't see the game.

I did actually. :lol:

Although I was also following the periscope streams of the GNR show in Washington, but every time I looked at the game, and he got the ball, he'd dribble past a guy or two, and then lose it.

Edited by moreblack

1 hour ago, wasted said:

It's some protest about Argie FA? It's all gone Roy Keane. They were allowed to eat steaks. 

they lost 3 finals in a row. 2 being the favourite team and in the last one we were the best team in the cup until the final match. They just can't stand keep losing. Right now this is a mental issue, and I0m afraid that this generation of footballers will never recover from this, that's why they quit