The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

Venables in 96 was last time I thought had a chance. 

Sven was statisicslly good but not really convincing. Hesky left wing. 

This time was the prescription drugs squad. Nice players but no real spirit and Roy was too nice giving everyone a game. Rooney wasn't there on merit. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Sven had Scholes as a left-winger if I recall. I remember one game where he had Beckham as a defensive midfield haha.

They basically could of played like Utd with Scholes in central mid. 

I think if they appoint a foreign manager everyone will stop caring. I'd take Wenger or Moron. 

My guess is Neville. 

Super Neville Brothers. 

Ferguson or Wenger are obvious choices. In other countries it's the celebrated managers that get the job. Roy never really won anything. He just avoids relegation. 

Hopefully not Blanc. 

I'd go Big Sam. Go NFL on the World Cup. 

Dicko and Wrighty are PROPER slagging the game off, its almost like its 'well we were shit but the whole tournaments been shit' :lol:. Giggsy on the other hand is just doing the obligatory suck off of Ronaldo like a proper United bum boy.

Edited by Len B'stard

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Problem with winning stuff is that Capello had won five Serie A, two La Liga and one Champions League and he was wank for England.

Wasn't really that bad. A little unlucky with Lampard's disallowed goal and they went out to Germany. He picked a solid team but lacked a striker, if that team had Vardy it might have worked. It was workmanlike, no Terry or Rio? But nothing like this Roy shambles that just dwindled away. He had the players but chopped and changed, didn't play Vardy, didn't seem to know his best team. That's a lack of big competition experience. But Capello was 8 mil a year and Roy was 3 mil a year. And just some common sense from Roy would have gone a long way. 

So I think just throw in Pardew or Big Sam. Cheap and just hope they stick to the basics. 442. Strong mid. In form strikers. What more can you do. But keep a set team. And they will still go out on pens like Poland!

Just now, wasted said:

Wasn't really that bad. A little unlucky with Lampard's disallowed goal and they went out to Germany. He picked a solid team but lacked a striker, if that team had Vardy it might have worked. It was workmanlike, no Terry or Rio? But nothing like this Roy shambles that just dwindled away. He had the players but chopped and changed, didn't play Vardy, didn't seem to know his best team. That's a lack of big competition experience. But Capello was 8 mil a year and Roy was 3 mil a year. And just some common sense from Roy would have gone a long way. 

So I think just throw in Pardew or Big Sam. Cheap and just hope they stick to the basics. 442. Strong mid. In form strikers. What more can you do. But keep a set team. And they will still go out on pens like Poland!

He has an England managers best win ratio apparently - even better than Alf Ramsey. But then Roy won 10/10 during the qualifiers!

I remember Capello making a dog's dinner of the world cup and going insane in the job. It didn't help that he couldn't speak a word of English.

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He has an England managers best win ratio apparently - even better than Alf Ramsey. But then Roy won 10/10 during the qualifiers!

I remember Capello making a dog's dinner of the world cup and going insane in the job. It didn't help that he couldn't speak a word of English.

But wasnt it Terry problems. I mean they didn't win the world cup but the team was solid and they went out to Germany, not Iceland. Roy did alright in quslification but at the tournament he just melted down. 

Rafa!

that's possible. Like a poor man's Wenger or Fergus. 

I'd just give up and go with Pardew. Lower the expectations.

At the end of the day there's no point putting too much effort into it. No need to pay a foreign manager 8 mil a year just to go out in 16. 

Forget the manager it's about the players. They are okay but there's no special player coming through. No leaders. 

We'll struggle to qualify for World Cup. 

But it's just England not the same league grind. Just put out a half decent team and have some tactical nouce. Get a bit of spirit going. I was thoroughly confused by Roy's decisions and lack of tactics. Big Sam at least tries. Maybe he will be too blunt with these poncy players. But at least he'll tell us what's going on. Roy fidn't get the best out of his players. 

• Like 1