The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

Apparently Thierry Henry has been sacked from coaching the Arsenal under 18s cuz Wenger reckons its a full time job and would require Thierry to fuck off his commentary job.  Thierry refused, offered to work for free, got rejected.

Enter Tony Adams! :D

'the first thing you need to do as an Arsenal player is learn how to hold your drink' :lol:

3 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Big Sam will win us the World Cup!

Satirical or not, the sad thing is you and the rest of this delusional country will be thinking that in two years time - assuming his long 'Bolton' throws get England qualified!

2 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

I wasn't satirising, my delusional cap is back on :lol:

In two years time,

Hype. Delusions of grandeur. Flag waving t-shirt buying St George silliness. 'Metatarsal watch'. Discussions on ''the respective merits of 442 or 433 or 4321'' and ''whether or not Vardy can play as a goalkeeper and Kane a left back''.

To be followed by flop. Disaster. Cries of ''wankers''. Manager sacked. Ibiza holiday posturing on behalf of the players while other nations gloriously advance. Postmortem FA discussions ''to reform English football root and branch'' (from which, absolutely nothing happens). Talksport anger. Manger-gate. New manager on £300.000 per week. 

(Premiership begins [as does Wenger-gate], thus suspending discussions on the national team for a time.)

Then the cycle begins again.....

It is as predictable as the seasons.

Unless of course England don't even qualify, and then England just become like Scotland, sullenly watching from the sidelines uninvited to the world's party while supporting ''anybody who plays England Germany or Argentina''.

• Like 1

We need a relegation manager like Big Sam. 

I can't remember the last time we were difficult to beat. Or even tactically got it right. We just rely on individuals to save us. 

Big Sam will draft in a few awarkward bastards like Carrol or workhorses like Drinkwater. 

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

We need a relegation manager like Big Sam. 

I can't remember the last time we were difficult to beat. Or even tactically got it right. We just rely on individuals to save us. 

Big Sam will draft in a few awarkward bastards like Carrol or workhorses like Drinkwater. 

But you are never going to win anything with a mid table plodder like him. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But you are never going to win anything with a mid table plodder like him. 

No but we might qualify and get past the last 16. Personally I think a more brexit style of play might serve us well. Trying to play like Barca and losing is humiliating. But losing like Bolton is honorable. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sturginho said:

Eddie Jones would sort the primadonnas out good and proper

But he knows nothing of football. I think he could be like a team talk psychology guy. Minister of Discipline. 

It's too early for Eddie Howe. England manager should be some old experience with authority no matter how wrong or badly they lose still doesn't matter. Like Big Sam. Two big men up front. Launch into box from half way line. 

Dont think these players are that much trouble. But some more tactical nouce and a bit of drinking wouldn't go a miss. Get under em!

Edited by wasted
Mixer
  • Like 1