The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

With a shite Euro campaign and boxing on ice for the summer I'm exstatic for the season to be on again, i was reduced to following cricket scores for a bit back there!  Ahhh the sweet sound of the theme to Match of the Day on a Saturday, Lord how I've missed the football :)

17 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

With a shite Euro campaign and boxing on ice for the summer I'm exstatic for the season to be on again, i was reduced to following cricket scores for a bit back there!  Ahhh the sweet sound of the theme to Match of the Day on a Saturday, Lord how I've missed the football :)

I rather hate the sport I think - especially the premier league.

Cricket is on. Olympics is on. Great summer of sport without diving millionaires with unpronounceable names.

I'm a bit off boxing right now. I can't summon the energy to watch it for some reason - I'm not even watching it at the Olympics, instead preferring the athletics and gymnastics.

6 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Pretty excited about this season, too. Not as fun these days as back when I was a student and we used to meet up, usually the morning after a night of partying to drink some more and watch whatever game was on.

How do you think Arsenal will do?

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Pretty excited about this season, too. Not as fun these days as back when I was a student and we used to meet up, usually the morning after a night of partying to drink some more and watch whatever game was on.

How do you think Arsenal will do?

After fuckin' Leicester winning last season any fuckin' things possible, i really can't call it, depends what Arsenal turns up, whether it's the Arsenal who bottles the big games or the Arsenal that fuckin' does well in the big games and bottles the small ones, I have no fuckin' idea to be honest.  One thing thats certain is we will make top four :lol:

I'm quite interesting in the manager angle this year, Pep, Jose, Klopp etc.  People seem to think it's a granted that Mourinhos gonna do well at United but I'm not so sure it'll be the case.  I mean Pogba, 100 mil, really?  I seen Pogba play, he ain't worth 100 mil of no ones money, he ain't even worth 60.  I think a lot will be hinged on how well Zlatan performs, you'll either ride him to glory or the exact opposite.  Other than Arsenal who i obviously want to win every fuckin' thing under the sun I'd like to see Liverpool do well.  Guardiola too to a point, as long as it ain't to Arsenals detriment.

What about you sunbeam, whatcha make of the arduous season of football ahead of us?

Edited by Len B'stard

Just now, Len B'stard said:

After fuckin' Leicester winning last scene any fuckin' things possible, i really can't call it, depends what Arsenal turns up, whether it's the Arsenal who bottles the big games or the Arsenal that fuckin' does well in the big games and bottles the small ones, I have no fuckin' idea to be honest.  One thing thats certain is we will make top four :lol:

I'm quite interesting in the manager angle this year, Pep, Jose, Klopp etc.  People seem to think it's a granted that Mourinhos gonna do well at United but I'm not so sure it'll be the case.  I mean Pogba, 100 mil, really?  I seen Pogba play, he ain't worth 100 mil of no ones money, he ain't even worth 60.  I think a lot will be hinged on how well Zlatan performs, you'll either ride him to glory or the exact opposite.  Other than Arsenal who i obviously want to win every fuckin' thing under the sun I'd like to see Liverpool do well.  Guardiola too to a point, as long as it ain't to Arsenals detriment.

What about you sunbeam, whatcha make of the arduous season of football ahead of us?

I think it is going to be fun, with the added battle between managers. I am not too fond of Mourinho, but I doubt he'll be worse than van Gaal and the team's been strengthened, Zlatan and Rashford makes an interesting combo, supported by Mita and Martial, so I am quite optimistic. But then again, I always am an optimist. Confident we will be among top three. I like Klopp-just wish he did't manage Liverpool...I'd like him more if he didn't. Leicester will struggle to be among top six (coming over for the game against Leicester in September). Arsenal, yeah, probably among top four, like for the last 17 seasons (or whatever it is) :D

32 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think it is going to be fun, with the added battle between managers. I am not too fond of Mourinho, but I doubt he'll be worse than van Gaal and the team's been strengthened, Zlatan and Rashford makes an interesting combo, supported by Mita and Martial, so I am quite optimistic. But then again, I always am an optimist. Confident we will be among top three. I like Klopp-just wish he did't manage Liverpool...I'd like him more if he didn't. Leicester will struggle to be among top six (coming over for the game against Leicester in September). Arsenal, yeah, probably among top four, like for the last 17 seasons (or whatever it is) :D

What do you make of the treatment of Schweinsteiger?

3 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Brilliant until about March then they will shit their pants and finish 3rd.

How dare you, you fuckin' taffy cunt!!!

Everyone knows we bottle it in January!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

What do you make of the treatment of Schweinsteiger?

I wouldn't have treated him that way, but I don't know if anything has happened behind the scenes. Regardless, sad to see such a legend fail in Manchester and be out of the manager's favor.

Interesting match today. Not brilliant by United but the seeds are there. This will probably be Rooney's last season where he plays a lot.