2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK

what a fucking throw, you see how high that throw was :drevil:

They weren't kidding...that ball would hit the scoreboard if that was in Dallas. That was absolutely incredible

...now the first half not so much, but considering we just won I can't be that mad. Feel bad for the Lions for once, too.

• Like 1

Man what an ending! Rodger's threw that ball over 60 yards in the air....I can't believe I did not wake anyone up in my house with all the noise I was making at the end.

As exciting as the ending was it was an ugly win last night and it does not give me any more confidence that the Pack will go far in the playoffs if they even make it but hey a win is a win right?

Last night just reinforces what a shambles this teams offense is right now. I do give them credit for not folding after a trainwreck first half, and the Defense continues to play well, but we are not going anywhere with this offense even if they get healthy IMHO.

Some observations

1. O.K. after watching last nights game I am finally convinced that the receivers are a major problem not getting open and less an issue with Rodgers. I also agree that the coaching staff does not seem to be adapting the play calling to this deficiency. Shit if New England can thrive with their sorry lot of receivers and lack of a running game why can't or won't McCarthy and Clements adapt?

2. I know the OLine is hurting big time but Thompson really needs to draft some young talent next draft to start developing as the backups he is going to get Rodgers killed if he keeps trotting out these FA lineman every year. Barclay just can't play tackle against decent edge rushers. He was getting beat all night long.

3. Richard Rodgers may finally be coming into his own.

4. ILB Jake Ryan just seems to be around the ball when he gets a chance to play. 10 more total tackles last night. I know he will make rookie mistakes but they need to play him more. Looks like Thompson hit a homerun with last years draft as he could end up with as many as 5 starters and Hundley could bring back a nice return in draft picks if he develops at QB.

I want to be positive about this team but unless they change their offensive strategy I think we risk not making the playoffs.

Edited by classicrawker

Agreed. I bet this win will convince Mac/Clements that what they're doing is fine, unfortunately. I think we still make the playoffs (we play Romo-less Cowboys at home next Sunday...that should be 9 wins, then the last game of the season that should come down to the NFC North championship) but we're not long for much after that.

But yeah, we need to scheme to get receivers open. Cobb is basically worthless with the routes he's running; we need to get creative and get him open. Adams dropped another crucial 3rd down pass, though I'll give him credit for catching that beautiful touchdown throw. Thank God DickRod jumped up and caught that, it was the reverse Brandon Bostick (considering Adams was the guy behind him).

Jake Ryan looked very impressive. I'm glad they finally let him start over Palmer...even if he played like dogshit it would be better. Get Randall, the offensive line and Monty back and hopefully we can make a run of this the last few games. Don't think we do but these wins can sometimes spark something...or else keep things the status quo. Hopefully it's the former.

Edit: Look at the trajectory of that ball!

http://www.totalprosports.com/2015/12/04/aaron-rodgers-hail-mary-height-video/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=tpspages&utm_campaign=fb

Edit 2: The Packers cut Harris because he and Lacy both missed curfew on Wednesday. Demoted Lacy after that...and now they're working out Montee Ball. Wonder if this means Lacy's time is coming to an end too?

Edited by Crazyman

The defense is playing incredible. It would be such a goddamn waste to piss away this season because McCarthy won't adapt.

My secret hope is he's just playing stupid until the post-season.

The OL needs to get healthy, Montgomery needs to be healthy, Quarless needs to get on the field, and McCarthy needs to adjust the 4 WR verts bullshit.

If those things happen I have a lot of faith in this team.

Quarles was not activated so I think he is done for the year?

As a lions fan I can honestly say last night's loss was NOT the most shocking thing about this season. Winning in Green Bay is still a bigger shock to us lions fans. Now finding crazy and unbelievable ways to lose (usually with refs assistance) is pretty par for the course for us.

He's was on the designated IR to return list. He hasn't been activated yet, but I think he's been practicing. Should return soon.

Would assume a suspension would happen next year.

yeah makes sense, with all the egg on goodells face i doubt he would want to suspend a player coming off injury in the thick of a playoff race.

Predictable or not, it's the President of the United States commenting on domestic and international terrorism. Listen up you dummies.

Another terrible day football but it was nice to watch the Vikings get exposed.

he has already commented on it what else did he say today he hasn't already said? it was pointless.

as for football the arrogance of the patriots bit them in the ass today :lol:

The NFC North (outside of the Packers) all took hilarious L's this week. Can't complain about that :lol:

Also loved watching the Pats lose ^_^

that onside kick fired up philly, without gronk and edleman, brady looks lost. there isnt anyone like a gronk, a guy that picks(usually illegally) linebackers and safeties by smashing into them and turning around for a quick throw and gain, or gronk smashing into the linebackers and having edleman come underneath in a pitch and catch for 20 yards. today brady had eagles hitting him every pass, brady was so skittish he literally fell down before the linebacker got to him and fell into the back of legs of his guard.

Predictable or not, it's the President of the United States commenting on domestic and international terrorism. Listen up you dummies.

Another terrible day football but it was nice to watch the Vikings get exposed.

He can do that any time. Don't shit up my football.

I'm not impressed by the Panthers, I think they'll sink once they face some solid competition.

12-0 is 12-0 no matter how you slice it.

But they can certainly be beat, they don't have that killer look on either side of the ball.

12-0 is 12-0 no matter who you are playing that is impressive.

But agreed they don't look unbeatable , both sides of the ball have chinks in the armor.

It's about peaking at the right time, Seahawks maybe.

And if Washington manhandles Dallas tonight I'd give them a second look too.

Edited by shades

Everyone on the Packers (except Linsley) practiced today. Considering JC Tretter has proven to be a great backup, I'm officially optimistic about the rest of the season, providing the injured players can actually start playing.

Letroy Guion after getting almost $200,000 and truck back from the police (from his arrest earlier this year on weed charges): “It kind of rejuvenates me,” Guion said an interview with ESPN.com on Tuesday. “It gives me my sense of character back and gives me my juice back. I’m all excited and ready to go. Things are getting back to normal. All the smoke is starting to clear.”

Umm...poor choice of words there, my friend :lol:

Edited by Crazyman