2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

Packers re-sign Guion (someone who got busted with like 200k and a metric shit-ton of weed and a gun last offseason) to a 3 year, $11.25 mil deal.

Bears are releasing Forte. If the Packers want a better pass-catching RB, that may be the guy to target if he's cheap. Starks is a FA and is also 29/30.

On February 8, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Forsaken said:

IAnd the real Cam finally comes out for the world to see. What a true scumbag. 

If being a bit arrogant and immature makes somebody a "true scumbag" then what does this story make you think about Payton Manning (who himself skipped shaking hands with NO players after the Super Bowl) 

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-peyton-manning-squeaky-clean-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395

4 hours ago, Apollo said:

If being a bit arrogant and immature makes somebody a "true scumbag" then what does this story make you think about Payton Manning (who himself skipped shaking hands with NO players after the Super Bowl) 

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-peyton-manning-squeaky-clean-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395

Later came out that Peyton apologized for skipping the hand shake after getting BLOWN THE HELL OUT, and Peyton never walked out on a press conference either; he's always handled himself well and has been a class act. Cam though? He's a known cry baby with personality issues. Dating back to seasons past, he's known for pouting and sitting on the sidelines with a towel on his head being a bad sport.

No one likes to lose, but carry yourself better. This MVP is the supposed new face of the league, act as such. He's got a lot of growing up to do. His antics this season were fake as hell and only happened because the Panthers were on a roll. Had they had a losing season, this guy would never have been giving balls away or taking pictures on the sidelines. It's pathetic. 

(I'll read this article later -- but it's amazing to me that writers are publishing stories like this after all of this blowback on Cam is occurring) 

16 hours ago, Apollo said:

stealing someones 1700 dollar laptop and then throwing it out the window breaking it when the cops came to investigate is kind of a scumbag move.

I think everyone can be painted a certain way. I've done some bad stuff I'm not too proud of, and chances are every member of this forum can say the same. 

This isn't excusing Peyton's actions, but honestly everyone is human and everyone does terrible things. 

It is just easier to bully Cam because his pouting is hilarious. 

14 hours ago, Forsaken said:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/peyton-manning-newest-target-of-fake-internet-outrage-brigade-021316

Pretty much a great summary and response to that race-baiting article you posted that was written by the king of race baits Shaun King, Apollo. 

Sorry - I was more concerned with the actual acts that happened and what Peyton did and also how his father handled it. 

Regardless of race or who the writer was, I'm more interested in what happened. 

What Peyton did is far more of a scumbag action that Cam pouting or stealing a laptop. IMO. For you, maybe Cam is more of a scumbag in your eyes. It's cool. We all have our own levels of how we judge others. 

I did things in high school and college I'm not proud of. A bunch of us broke into a pizza parlor and stole a bunch of booze. And I probably led our intramural basketball league in college in technicals. Guess you would view me as a scumbag!!!! But I never sexually assaulted a female, lied about her and did everything I could to discredit her and get her fired just to protect my own actions. 

You must really hate guys like Ray Lewis and Michael Irvin! Those guys did things and acted 100 times worse than Cam. 

I'm not trying to argue or anything. Like and hate whomever you want. I'm just always surprised at how outraged fans get over sports/entertainment people. And how we judge them so harshly and to a different standard than we probably judge our friends and family. 

Hopefully Cam keeps maturing and growing as a person. And doesn't end up following the path of guys Iike Ray Rice and Johnny Manziel. 

I don't mind some celebrations after big plays. Every dude who makes a sack does a dance. 

BUT like I said. To each their own. Forsaken, Bran - feel free to hate this athlete. Maybe he is the scum of the earth. Lol, at least he didn't steal crab legs and get accused of rape. 

I like both you guys, so please don't take offense by my disagreeing with you on this issue. I just think people get outraged too easy and pass too strict of judgement on entertainment figures. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14778342/reaction-peyton-manning-allegations-cam-newton-press-conference-nfl

I wonder how all of us would feel if our wife, GF, sister or mother came home and said that a guy at work tea bagged her? Would we laugh it off as a prank? Especially if the guy denied it, then said he was just mooning some else, and then the guy said a bunch of disparaging things about her (that clearly weren't true).

Maybe this says more about me than anything else, but Peyton's "scandal" was that he mooned a (female) athletic trainer? 

A. Who the fuck cares? I mean if he had more class he should've held himself to a higher standard of decorum, but he was a 21-ish year old kid. 

B. I can't believe she won $300,000 in a settlement. That's incredible. 

C. The aftermath and coverup is certainly odd. He should've just accepted it because again, who the fuck cares?

Edited by Crazyman

"Naughright had her head down, but upon hearing the chuckles and guffaws, she looked up only to find herself face-to-face with Manning's exposed ass and testicles. It was the gluteus maximus, the rectum, the testicles and the area in between the testicles. And all that was on my face when I pushed him up."

So it would be physically impossible for him to move his entire body around for her to see his "rectum" while she was checking his foot. This story doesn't make a lot of sense...was he not wearing pants or underwear while she was looking at his foot?

The whole thing is weird. Lot's of cross information, it seems. If he actually went beyond just mooning then it becomes more serious. 

24 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Ted too good

Adios, Raji

He had a decent season so I would think he gets some multiyear offers but I think depends what he gets offered on the FA market...I tend to agree with you but he could be back.........although this is a strong draft for DL and we should have a couple of midround compensation picks so it should be interesting to see what Ted does

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Apollo said:

What do you think the Titans are giving up for Murray? Maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick?

i think it will be around a 4th or so.

dolphins about to sign mario williams, looks like cam wake is gone :(

edit: done deal 2years rumored 8mil per year for williams

Edited by bran

Also Byron Maxwell/Kiko Alonzo to the Fins for swapping picks. 

When healthy/not struggling that's a good trade - hopefully Maxwell picks up his game playing with a strong defensive line again. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually feel bad for Adam Gase :lol:

Edit: I know the cap is rising but holy shit...so many stupid deals being thrown out there!

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Crazyman said:

When healthy/not struggling that's a good trade - hopefully Maxwell picks up his game playing with a strong defensive line again. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually feel bad for Adam Gase :lol:

Edit: I know the cap is rising but holy shit...so many stupid deals being thrown out there!

Happens every year which makes me respect how Ted has built the Pack even more..........

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crazyman said:

i would have done that deal just for kiko, the guy is still young and still has the potential and he is better than any mike linebacker we have.

losing miller sucks the guy was so good for us and was so underused, he could have helped the offense more and could have saved tannehill from a bunch of hits.

dolphins dodged a bullet with vernon, the guy is decent but that is insane money for the giants to pay for a guy that isn't an elite player in any shape or form who disappears for weeks on end. will love to see what he does in the cold in new york when getting double teamed.

On 3/10/2016 at 7:59 PM, bran said:

i would have done that deal just for kiko, the guy is still young and still has the potential and he is better than any mike linebacker we have.

losing miller sucks the guy was so good for us and was so underused, he could have helped the offense more and could have saved tannehill from a bunch of hits.

dolphins dodged a bullet with vernon, the guy is decent but that is insane money for the giants to pay for a guy that isn't an elite player in any shape or form who disappears for weeks on end. will love to see what he does in the cold in new york when getting double teamed.

Fish are getting bashed on ESPN for their trade and FA moves............

• Like 1

Packers get 2 extra 4th round compensatory picks for losing CB's House and Williams...good value rounds for Ted as he can add some roster depth...............

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/28549/packers-cash-in-with-a-pair-of-fourth-round-compensatory-picks

Also bring back Nick Perry on a one year contract reportedly $5 million...I guess his playoff performances, 8 tackles, 3 1/2 sacks and a forced fumble, convinced them to resign him........

Edited by classicrawker