2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

i'm getting XLVIII vibes, in the sense the lead up to the game feels the same, one team is going to completely and utterly destroy the other. the lead up to this superbowl has been all about the panthers destroying denver. like XLVIII i may have to go against the grain with this one.

14 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

McShay also said Brohm was a better prospect than Rodgers. 

Even disregarding that, Henry is a marginal upgrade to RR and not a Round 1 prospect. 

I don't disagree as from what I read there are no sure fire studs at TE this draft. Can't se Ted reaching in the first round and with all our UFA in the front seven I still believe he will go defense in round 1. He hs prfessed his love for big body D-lineman in the past and said you can never have enough of them or maybe a stud OLB to groom for when Peppers goes..........

54 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I'm hardly an expert on college football but this year's draft seems weak at TE and RB which both would be great for the Packers' offense.

To your point, I'm a Michigan State fan and think his performance has been uneven but it's possible that Shilique Calhoun is on the board in late Round 2. 

I'd guess it's be something like DT, DE/OLB, WR, ILB for old Ted this year.  

I think you can get a TE and RB in the later rounds and we should be getting at least 2 compensation picks 4-5th round for House and Williams so would not surprise me to see Ted grab TE/RB around that time. We also could use an athletic OT early in the draft to groom. We have a full house at WR so not sure Ted goes there early unless someone falls and is a good value.

In other NFL news Goodell is downplaying the damage caused by concussions.... that man has no soul and is on the highway to hell............

Johnny Manziel's father worries he won't live to his next birthday......he refused to go to rehab twice this week......Browns cutting him ad soon as new NFL year starts in March

Like Bran said, when 80%-90% of the people are picking one side in games like this, I've seen upsets more times than not.  I'm actually slightly rooting for Carolina...but not so sure they will win as easily as most people expect.  I think it's going to be a close game either way.

• Like 1

Over $40k in Super Bowl 50 Tickets Reportedly Stolen from San Francisco Hotel

A day before Super Bowl 50 is set to kick off at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California, Heather Holmes of KTVU reported more than $40,000 worth of tickets to the showdown between the Carolina Panthers and Denver Broncos were stolen from Hotel Nikko in San Francisco. 

According to Holmes, San Francisco police said four men entered a hotel conference room and stole the tickets. 

Face value of tickets for Super Bowl 50 reportedly ranged from $500 to $1,800, with seats in the club level at the San Francisco 49ers stadium topping out at $3,000, per USA Today's Brent Schrotenboer

As of Friday, Forbes' Jesse Lawrence reported "the average resale price for Super Bowl 50 tickets is currently $4,754.70, making it the game's lowest price point since the matchup was made official," citing numbers from secondhand ticket service TiqIQ.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2614355-over-40k-in-super-bowl-50-tickets-reportedly-stolen-from-san-francisco-hotel?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Not sure why they would do that.  Pretty sure when people show up to the game with those tickets, it shouldn't be too hard to trace back where they got them from. 

59 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Like Bran said, when 80%-90% of the people are picking one side in games like this, I've seen upsets more times than not.  I'm actually slightly rooting for Carolina...but not so sure they will win as easily as most people expect.  I think it's going to be a close game either way.

This is Cam's year. I think it is now or never. 

Call me stupid, but I doubt he will remain this dominate, especially in the division he is in. 

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Yeah i wouldn't be surprised either way. the thing about denver is they can stuff the run, and they have linebackers that can cover. talib is a very good corner so any receiver is going to have issues and talib will be covering their best the whole game. then you have the denver linebackers going up against cam's favorite target in greg olson, the broncos were 8th against tight ends in terms of yards per game, and they shut gronk down for all but the last handful of minutes of that game.

• Like 1

Denver's D is dominating..... man that halftime show was godawful.........my dick started to shrink just watching that  crap.......... although my daughters loved it and were dancing around the TV............if they stay together long enough GnR needs to play halftime in next years game......

Edited by classicrawker
changed content

Game played out pretty much how i thought it would, figured cam might have punched it once more but taking away olsen and stuffing the run were the key phillips is a defensive mastermind

Edited by bran

Why do football players do such stupid things that lead to Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties? The play is over, they have nothing to gain, this is as big of a game as it gets, and they act like a douche earning their team a substantial penalty, and they knew damn well they would, too. Why do they do it? So many of them must be just completely fucking stoopid. I would not be pleased if I was a teammate. 

Edited by DirtyDeeds
  • Like 2