2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

Martavis Bryant suspended a year for drug violation......that had to hurt the Steelers as he was coming on last year.....man these guys are making big money, in his case $600K+, and just can't keep their shit together.....

Edited by classicrawker
sp

Casey Hayward signs 3 year deal with Chargers.............not a surprise as the Pack has a stable of good young CB's with Randall, Rollins, Gunter and Goodson.........they also have Hyde to play slot so they could afford to let Hayward walk......depending on his contract and performance next season he should bring back a 4 or 5th round compensation pick next year.....Would not surprise me to see Ted draft another CB with one of his extra 4th rounders to develop..

Still waiting on Raji and Neal...would not surprise me to see one or both back if Ted can get them cheap as they don't seem to be getting much interest in the FA market..........

9 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I'm not mad about them letting Hayward go.

Goodson shouldn't be included in the "good young CB" group. :lol:

Excited to see what Gunter can do next year.

Also I'm on the fence about Raji but really hope they let Neal go. 

Goodson may not be in the same league as the other 3 but he has not been horrible when he had the chance to play and has shown some cover skills...I would reserve judgement until we have seen him play more as he does have the physical tools.....if he didn't Ted would have cut him already.

I would be o.k if they brought both back on 1 year contracts ass long as it is for short money........this draft is deep on the DL but still would not hurt to have Raji back with Pennel sitting the first 4 games and most likely needs several games to get his game legs back so he might not be ready for full time service until mid season

12 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Can someone explain to me as to why the Broncos didn't keep Brock Osweiler? I don't understand how a team who lost their all star quarterback left a promising backup leave. 

Because he wasn't happy getting benched week 17 and didn't want to play in the shadow of Peyton, if you wanna believe the reports. That's why Elway made a thinly veiled reference to it when he said he only wants players who want to play for the Broncos recently.

Plus $18 mil a year for playing decently on a stacked team for a few games? Hell, I'd go with the money too.

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I'm not sure I'd want to play under Elway either. Seems like a bit of an oppressive regime.

Also is it just me or is Raji's 1-year vacation essentially an "I don't want to play for the Packers and I want more money" thing?

concerning Raji I wonder if nobody was offering a multiyear and the Pack was only offering 1or 2 years at short money or a contract full of performance clauses....in any case he was always a team player and stayed on the sidelines the year he was out injured to support the team so I wish him well.....

In today's Green Bay Gazette Raji claims he has lucrative multiyear contract from the Pack on the table and had several playoff quality teams courting him so he says his decision was not based on money.

He stated he just did not have the fire anymore........ he seems like a a standup guy so I believe him and  I respect him for not taking the money and putting in a half assed effort....Hope he finds happiness in his post football life............

• Like 1

On 3/15/2016 at 10:10 AM, classicrawker said:

In today's Green Bay Gazette Raji claims he has lucrative multiyear contract from the Pack on the table and had several playoff quality teams courting him so he says his decision was not based on money.

He stated he just did not have the fire anymore........ he seems like a a standup guy so I believe him and  I respect him for not taking the money and putting in a half assed effort....Hope he finds happiness in his post football life............

Charles Woodson said the same, that his body could handle it, but his mind was just done. Raji seems like a straight up guy that isn't going to fuck over an organization for a paycheck. you have to respect that.

Sad news Tray Walker cb from the ravens passed away today after sustaining injuries in a dirt bike crash in miami last night, he was only 23 years old :(

Edited by bran

• 2 weeks later...

Packer sign ex Ram TE Jared Cook to a 1 year short no guaranteed money contract where most of his money is tied to incentives......He was cut by the Rams so does not impact the Packers compensation picks..........if he has a good year they can try to resign him or let him walk and get draft choice compensation..........Good low risk signing

Ran a 4.51 coming out of college and more a less an oversized WR but he gives them some stretch the field threat at TE...........they can also split him wide and he would be a handful for a nickel/ dime  CB or safety to cover...........Arod must he psyched..........

Cook is pretty similar to Finley in both the good and the bad. Their measurables are almost identical (with Cook having a slight advantage in 40 time, height, and a 14 inch difference in vertical!) and their faults are identical as well (giving up at certain times, dropping easy passes, etc). 

Even if Cook is a bust we just need him to spread the field. Should help in that regard immensely. Packers should also consider taking a TE project later in the draft regardless. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seems excessive what they gave up but as  Original RK said franchise QB's are rare commodities.....If the Rams end up with the next ARod then it was a steal if not they could be mediocre for a long time for losing those picks. They are a young team though so are in a better position to survive a bust of the #1 pick and loss of picks.

In any case it was a nice haul for the Titans as success in the draft really is hit and miss and the more draft picks you have the better chance of success...This is the principle Packer GM Ted Thompson has used to build the Packers and has been pretty successful

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

That is a LOT to give up for a player that you aren't even sure is a franchise QB. 

Seems like they could have given up less and moved up with San Diego or Dallas. But I guess the theory would be that somebody else would have overpaid to move up to one - tho not sure who that would have been. 

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Packers schedule is interesting. It's too early to tell but I'm thinking 13-3 or 12-4. 

L: Vikings, Cowboys, Eagles, Seahawks 

How in the world did they end up with the "pre-season" easiest schedule in the league? 

The Titans just robbed the Rams. In a draft where there is no clear #1 pick and the quarterbacks at the top of this draft have major questions. The Titans now have 4 picks in the top 45 in this year's draft coming off a good free agency and now are in position to have an extremely productive draft and have a first rounder in the 2017 draft from a team that won't be good next season. Awesome trade for the Titans.