2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

4 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Right that's what I thought he meant but the preseason thing threw me off.

I think the Seahawks will return to form and Cardinals will regress.

Packers schedule is easy but the early bye and late divisional makes it much harder than it appears. It all comes down to health and if the offense can return to form. I think they're a year away from contending but I'd love to be wrong.

I hope you are  wrong as they have a large number of UFA's, including 3/5's of their OL, after this coming season so could lose both guards. along with  Bahktiari,  Peppers, Lacy, Tretter, Lacy, Mathsay, Hyde, Datone Jones etc.....

of course they most likely will resign Bakhtiari, and hopefully one of the Guards, but they could have some big holes to fill depending on how successful this month's draft is.....

5 hours ago, The_Original_RK said:

My second favorite time of the year is next week; the NFL Draft weekend. Second only to Christmas time and Boxing Day footie.

It would be one of my favorites if my team didn't completely suck at drafting :lol: i still watch every minute of it though.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:14 AM, AxlsMainMan said:

My Steelers and the Patriots should be the teams to beat in the AFC.

Steelers will do good, but would of done great if they didn't lose a key player. I hope the Pats can make it all the way to the Super Bowl. Gronk and Bennett if healthy , will be fun to watch.

5 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Draft is tonight.

Who is your team of allegiance / who do you want your team to take?

As a fellow Packer fan I would love them to get MLB Reggie Ragland in the first round if still on the board followed by a DT, so much depth in ths draft, in the second round and a OLB who can rush the passer in the third to develop like Correa or Schobert (may be  reach in the 3rd).....

If Ragland is not on the board then I would love the Pack to grab DT Billings as he is a beast

4th round is time for depth, OL, CB, TE, etc....

6 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Draft is tonight.

Who is your team of allegiance / who do you want your team to take?

Cowboys fan. I think they will draft Elliott or Bosa. I hope they draft Ramsey and solidify that secondary for the next decade. They drafted Byron Jones last year who is a stud; can play corner or roaming safety.

4 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

If they draft Smith, I hope it's not until the 3rd. 

If you mean Jaylon Smith I would be shocked if Ted even considers touching him before the 4th round if at all based on the facts he tore multiple ligaments and the reports he has nerve damage. Seems he might be gun shy taking a medical risk too high in the draft after getting burned by Justin Harrell back in 2007. They have 3 4th rounders so maybe Ted takes a flyer if he drops that far?

Interesting perspective on Smith in this article

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/26/nfl-draft-paxton-lynch-jaylon-smith

Just heard on the SiriusXM channel Alabama LB Reggie Ragland has been diagnosed with an enlarged aorta.....will not impact his ability to play football but will require regular monitoring......looks like he may fall in the draft so wonder if Ted takes a chance if he is there at #27

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000656721/article/reggie-ragland-flagged-with-enlarged-aorta

Edited by classicrawker

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

I think Ted would be smart enough to wait until the late rounds but I've seen him mocked as high as the 2nd. Obviously take those with a grain of salt but I know Green Bay's hard on for Notre Dame so I'm somewhat worried. 

I also am not sold on Silique Calhoun and have seen him mocked the 2nd as well. 

As far as today's affairs, I'm hoping for Andrew Billings from Baylor but he could be gone at 21. 

I would be happy with Billings as he is a beast...no love for Ragland?...DT is deep thisdraft so we could get a good  one rd 2.....would be tough to pass on Ragland if he drops to us as the ILB class is a little thin this year for thumpers.....

2 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I think Ragland is a thumper and an upgrade over their current ILBs but DE/DT are huge needs. Get a DT in R1 and DE in R2 or vice versa. I do agree it's a deep DL class though. 

If Darron Lee is on the board (doubt it), I'd want him over Ragland.

Cowboys are so dumb! I love it!

Can't disagree with your logic and Ted seems to put high value on lineman so would not surprise me if he grabs a DT.......They  could use a DE but at some point we need a OLB that can rush the QB . Lee is  blazer but think he is long gone by our rd 2 pick....

Elite tackle Tunsil's verified twitter account had a picture of someone smoking a bong which was quickly taken down and account taken deleted........two tackles already taken off the board so he could be in a free fall...what a dumb fuck. Most likely cost himself big money......

And his instagram posted pictures of texts between a coach saying he was getting money for rent. He's not the one posting them, btw, most likely his stepfather who he's gotten into altercations with in the past.

Btw there's a picture of Johnny Football watching the draft...in a dive bar :lol:

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I thought Billings would be the guy *shrugs*

Me too but Clark is  solid pick and only 20yrs old.......supposedly one of the strongest DT's in the draft and played DT and DE so he is versatile and is a run stuffer....seems like a safe pick....

Edited by classicrawker

59 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

And his instagram posted pictures of texts between a coach saying he was getting money for rent. He's not the one posting them, btw, most likely his stepfather who he's gotten into altercations with in the past.

Btw there's a picture of Johnny Football watching the draft...in a dive bar :lol:

his stepfather is suing him and hacked his account posting the picture/video. the video was from 2 years ago, the dolphins GM said they knew about the video and knew the situation and went on the phone to make sure their info was correct that the video was from 2 years ago, which it was confirmed it was. the dolphins had tunsil as their #2 player on the board and thought there was no way in hell they would get him. to me a guy that was rated by many to be the #1 in the draft and at worst a top 5 pick, at #13 to have him slide and a position of need it was a no brainer for the dolphins to grab him. if the worst someone can say is that a young man was smoking pot in college, then it is literally nothing. that being said

kAzmviH.jpg

that is fucking hilarious :lol:

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I just watched some highlights. Seems a bit small. Huh. 

I guess he grades well in the run stop. 

If you look at their stats Clark is actually taller and about the same weight as Billings....also read today that he is as strong and more athletic than Billings who is apparently is limited side line to side line. Read an interview with him today and he went form basically no pass rushing moves to 6 sacks this past season by studying tapes and working with coaches on his moves so he is a hard worker.......also heard he started at UCLA at 17 as a true freshman and was second team all conference as an 18 yr old sophomore so he must be talented.

Considering all the talent still on the board at the time of the pick seems he was the player Ted had targeted the whole time.....He is a typical Ted pick where he did not go after the higher rated players still on the board...only time will tell but we needed DL help and this guy seems like a safe pick

14 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Yep, he was the player that Ted wanted. The journos confirmed it.

The more I've read about it, the more I like it. They needed CBs last year and they nailed two great picks.

I'm really interested to see what happens today. I think all of the DE's will be off the board by their 2nd round pick and if he's on the board, I think they pick Smith from ND in the 3rd round. Hold onto your butts!

So will Ted repeat last year and select another DT  at #2 if it is the best value on the board? will be interesting to see if the TE Henry is still in play what Ted will do. Looking forward to see where he goes..........

7 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I want Paul Perkins from UCLA in the 4th. I think they could get a solid LB in the late 4th with their 2nd pick there but am non-plussed about the talent (and position) in this defense. 

I would be very happy to get Paul Perkins in the 4th, though he'd have to fall to a comp pick as well. I have a feeling he'll be gone by then (but I hope not!)

3rd pick on another DL or ILB. Get it done, Ted. 

Thoughts about the draft.

-Jaguars have killed it. Jack and Ramsey are terrific picks and that Jaguars team is not too far off from playoffs in that division.

-The Dolphins have a great one in Tunsil if he can straighten the off the field stuff out.

-Big reaches by the Rams and Eagles. Not sure either is a franchise QB. Better players were on the board.

-Cowboys with Elliott will be able to help out Tony Romo a lot in both the passing game and running game. 

-have no idea what the patriots are doing drafting a QB about 3 rounds early.

This is the definition of a solid TT draft. Got some players that are gonna be good, but nothing too flashy. Early in day 3 is usually when he shines.

Browns getting a ton of picks...hopefully they don't pick garbage with them. Pats taking a QB in the 3rd was interesting. 

Otherwise I don't have any real thoughts to give right now. 

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 1