2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

Definately a typical Ted draft....no big name flashy players just solid  athletic guys with upside........it is the first draft I can remember in a long time where his picks were in line with where the "experts " predicted they should be drafted. No obsure names I could not find on peoples player ranking lists or drafted several rounds early...at least so far.....

Rd four would love them to grab an ILB, RB or CB....with so many UFA OL players next year maybe another OL to develop

Edited by classicrawker

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:00 AM, bran said:

his stepfather is suing him and hacked his account posting the picture/video. the video was from 2 years ago, the dolphins GM said they knew about the video and knew the situation and went on the phone to make sure their info was correct that the video was from 2 years ago, which it was confirmed it was. the dolphins had tunsil as their #2 player on the board and thought there was no way in hell they would get him. to me a guy that was rated by many to be the #1 in the draft and at worst a top 5 pick, at #13 to have him slide and a position of need it was a no brainer for the dolphins to grab him. if the worst someone can say is that a young man was smoking pot in college, then it is literally nothing. that being said

kAzmviH.jpg

that is fucking hilarious :lol:

Lol! Good stuff, only Miami would go from drafting crap players "with character" to the second coming of the Bengals in the course of 3 drafts.  It's good they figured out that character alone does not win football games, but 2 highly questionable character guys in one draft?  One we traded up for?  There has to be a middle ground.  For the record, I think Tunsil will be fine.  Caroo I'm not so sure on.  I went to Rutgers, so I followed him.  He looks good because of bad corners.

• Like 1

Nice solid draft for Ted and the Pack. No big names but looks like he got atheletic talented players with upside. Even managed to grab a talented OT with his 6th round pick who had a 3rd round grade.......I like what Ted did and can't wait for preseason to get a look at all the new players...

• Like 2

I'm glad TT used most/all of his picks on lineman - it's the spot you have to win on both sides of the ball. Think you can put a premium on those when you have cornerstone players on both sides of the ball (like a QB or a LB, for example) and use lower picks on skill positions, which TT has excelled at. Helps that the coaching staff has done a wonderful job at molding late picks/UDFA's into really good players as well.

All in all a solid draft for us. Wish we would've gotten Paul Perkins but beggars can't be choosers.

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

I'm glad TT used most/all of his picks on lineman - it's the spot you have to win on both sides of the ball. Think you can put a premium on those when you have cornerstone players on both sides of the ball (like a QB or a LB, for example) and use lower picks on skill positions, which TT has excelled at. Helps that the coaching staff has done a wonderful job at molding late picks/UDFA's into really good players as well.

All in all a solid draft for us. Wish we would've gotten Paul Perkins but beggars can't be choosers.

Ted loves his lineman..............We have Lang, Sitton, Bahktiari and Tretter going UFA after this season. Hard to beleive Ted lets them all walk.

I love Sitton but he is starting to break down and will be 30 in June so think Lang might be a better investment long term as he will be 29 in Sept and seems to be in better health if his shoulders are healed...then there is Bahktiari who will be only 25 in Sept. and is a solid LT but not considered elite so if Spriggs looks like he can play LT I wonder if Ted lets Bahk walk as he is going to command big money as a FA..........We have Bulaga signed until 2020 but the guy seems to have trouble staying healthy....I also think some team gives Tretter starting Center money so I can't see him coming back as a backup...........Lacy is also UFA........

going to be interesting after this coming season with possbly a lot of OL and backfield turnover so I hope they win it all this year as Arod and Nelson aren't  getting any younger..................

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

rolando mcclain of the cowboys suspended 10 games for violating substance abuse policy

johnny manziel suspended 4 games for violating substance abuse politcy

sheldon richardson of the jets suspended 1 game for violating personal conduct policy(resisting arrest after driving 143 mph)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2016 at 0:04 AM, Wagszilla said:

I've concluded that Ty Montgomery's ankle is made out of glass shards from broken mirrors. 

And that his rehab has consisted of desecrating Indian burial grounds.

It's the only explanation. 

Apparently his injury was worse than they were letting on (the Packers doing that?! No way... #sarcasm)

Anyway, first "game" of the year tonight. No injuries, please and thank you Gawd! 

1 hour ago, Crazyman said:

Apparently his injury was worse than they were letting on (the Packers doing that?! No way... #sarcasm)

Anyway, first "game" of the year tonight. No injuries, please and thank you Gawd! 

Yeah will be fun to see some of the rookies but Hundley has a bum ankle so looks like he will not play..........I was looking forward to see how much he had progressed...........considering how teams are looking for quality starting QB's if he is as good as he looked last year the Pack could reap a high draft pick for him before next draft....

Edited by classicrawker

1 hour ago, classicrawker said:

Yeah will be fun to see some of the rookies but Hundley has a bum ankle so looks like he will not play..........I was looking forward to see how much he had progressed...........considering how teams are looking for quality starting QB's if he is as good as he looked last year the Pack could reap a high draft pick for him before next draft....

Right, I'm excited to see Hundley this pre season. Hopefully he'll be back for the next game.

I really wanna see a lot from Janis, Davis (the rookie) and Geronimo Allison tonight. I almost want to put Ty on the PUP list to start the year and keep Jordy/Cobb/Adams/Janis/Davis/Abby/Allison somehow for the first 6-8 weeks of the season (or whenever Ty finally gets his foot amputated). 

And the rookies. Clark, both OL, etc. Crockett too since he'll be getting a lot of looks tonight, I'd assume. 

Edit: Apparently the field isn't safe enough to play on. Great planning, NFL :lol:

Edit 2: And now it's officially canceled. Brilliant job :lol::lol::lol: 

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

For me the biggest questions at WR are: Will they cut Davante Adams and is Ty Montgomery healthy enough to start on the 53 man roster?

I think Abbrederis is a lock. Rodgers has loved him for a year and you can't turn away someone who is smart and can run good routes. 

I haven't read much about Allison although I know he's been getting some press. I think he'll be our inaugural WR Camp Darling. 

Surprisingly Ty was just taken off the PUP list and practiced last night. Highly doubt they cut Adams. Ted is definitely a follower of "draft capital" and will give him every chance to succeed. 

I'm pretty sure if any of the people after Adams on the depth chart are released (not including Monty and Allison) it's Abby. Good player who will find a spot somewhere else, but isn't particularly great at anything, is oft-injured and Janis provides much better value on special teams, which Mac loves. I'd personally like to keep him but I don't see how it's possible. Same with Allison, and I definitely agree he's gonna be this years Camp Darling :lol:

Finally, Football is back on Friday!

3 hours ago, Crazyman said:

Surprisingly Ty was just taken off the PUP list and practiced last night. Highly doubt they cut Adams. Ted is definitely a follower of "draft capital" and will give him every chance to succeed. 

I'm pretty sure if any of the people after Adams on the depth chart are released (not including Monty and Allison) it's Abby. Good player who will find a spot somewhere else, but isn't particularly great at anything, is oft-injured and Janis provides much better value on special teams, which Mac loves. I'd personally like to keep him but I don't see how it's possible. Same with Allison, and I definitely agree he's gonna be this years Camp Darling :lol:

Finally, Football is back on Friday!

If they cut Abby I would not be surprised to see the Pats grab him..........Brady loves his slot receivers and Abby would be a perfect fit for that offense...........

17 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I agree. I just think Abby has been on Rodgers' good side for a year and was the only person who could get separation. Also McCarthy has spoken well of him in the press to boot. Adams was injured last year so he has that excuse but the constant drops didn't help his case. 

It'll be interesting to see how it goes. I could see it going a lot of different ways. 

They could stash rookies on IR to redshirt them, e.g. that one OL from Stanford I forget the name of. 

Agreed on Abby, I just think that Mac wants the people who won't likely contribute as much on offense (God forbid...unless Janis or Abby start breaking out) to also be great special teams players. Janis was one of the best gunners/return people (in limited time) in the league last year, Abby not so much. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if either one of them gets cut; I just think that Janis has the upper hand right now because of the special teams stuff. I think it depends on the actual preseason itself, however. 

They might do that for that rookie (Murphy was his name) but I would hope they keep him over that dud known as Don Barclay. He wasn't that great to begin with and he's been shit since he tore his ACL. 

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

I haven't been reading a ton of press but I did see a headline about Barclay returning to form in camp.

They resigned him in the offseason, too, so that's pretty much a guaranteed lock. Look at it this way: cheap help, high upside, knows your blocking protections.

Ahh yes, Kyle Murphy. It all comes back. Anyway, young, no doubt a strong OL prospect of the future but has stuff to work on, needs to put on weight, doesn't know scheme. You'll see it, I don't know if soon is the word. 

He's been here and there, just like last year. He was awful during the Family Night scrimmage...like about as bad as humanly possible. I think his contract is non-guaranteed, too. I'd rather keep Murphy on the active roster, especially depending on how he plays during the pre season (a theme is forming here, I feel :lol: )

On 8/2/2016 at 2:31 AM, bran said:

time for my yearly bout with alcoholism.

i have such a love/hate relationship with football ( NFL and college ) i used to drink heavily when the teams i liked lost and the teams i despise won. now i rarely watch, i follow online and if my team is winning by a good margin i'll watch like the last of the 3rd quarter and the 4th unless they start doing badly. what really made me stop was watching the early games that start at 10 a.m. here and drinking that early :wacko:

15 hours ago, Crazyman said:

Agreed on Abby, I just think that Mac wants the people who won't likely contribute as much on offense (God forbid...unless Janis or Abby start breaking out) to also be great special teams players. Janis was one of the best gunners/return people (in limited time) in the league last year, Abby not so much. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if either one of them gets cut; I just think that Janis has the upper hand right now because of the special teams stuff. I think it depends on the actual preseason itself, however. 

They might do that for that rookie (Murphy was his name) but I would hope they keep him over that dud known as Don Barclay. He wasn't that great to begin with and he's been shit since he tore his ACL. 

Murphy was a 7th round pick OT from Stanford who from what I have read in predraft scouting reports has some talent ....So unless he just stinks up the field in the exhibition season I think he makes the roster as with starters Bakhtiari, Sitton, Lang and  backup Tretter going  FA after the season it would not surpise me if they only resign one of them and it is going to be a tough choice between the starting 3 as Sitton is starting to have medical issues, Lang is coming off multiple surgeries and Bakhtiari could command a $10Mill a season contract.

The good news so far is 2nd round OT pick Spriggs has looked great in 1:1 pass blocking drills so far so if he shows he can do it on the field he could be in line to take over one of OT spots if Bakhtiari signs elsewhere.

I would also be surprised if Abby gets cut as Rodgers and the coaches love the guy...if he has a big preseason I think he sticks..........