2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

1 hour ago, Crazyman said:

No Jeff Janis tonight...why are the Packers even playing today?

According to the GB papers Janis is having  shitty camp  and is running poor routes a usual.....he has million dollar talent and a ten cent brain....I am beginning to think he will be a ST player and occasional 4th receiver at best and  never develop into a consistent starter........if not for his ST skills he would be a goner IMHO...

And the preseason is to evaluate your reserves....they always play rookies and marginal player on the bubble the first game so they can cull the herd. 

Edited by classicrawker

2 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

According to the GB papers Janis is having  shitty camp  and is running poor routes a usual.....he has million dollar talent and a ten cent brain....I am beginning to think he will be a ST player and never develop into a consistent starter........if not for his ST skills he would be a goner IMHO...

He's had an inconsistent camp, not a shitty one. The guy came from a division 2 school where he was basically told to run a go route on every play - the Packers offense is a little more complex than that, to say the least :lol:

I think the fact that he's an amazing athlete and basically saved the Packers season (for a few minutes, anyway) is keeping him around just as much as his excellent ST skills. Also Rodgers has said that Janis is progressing. He's working pretty close with him too so far this camp. That being said he needs to be more consistent if he ever wants to get on the field constantly. 

35 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

He's had an inconsistent camp, not a shitty one. The guy came from a division 2 school where he was basically told to run a go route on every play - the Packers offense is a little more complex than that, to say the least :lol:

I think the fact that he's an amazing athlete and basically saved the Packers season (for a few minutes, anyway) is keeping him around just as much as his excellent ST skills. Also Rodgers has said that Janis is progressing. He's working pretty close with him too so far this camp. That being said he needs to be more consistent if he ever wants to get on the field constantly. 

What else do you expect Rodgers to say? We will see but there have been  plenty of physically gifted receivers from Division I schools who never get it and I am beginning to believe he is one of them.....

36 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Janis will make the team because he's an incredible gunner. Remember Jarrett Bush? Couldn't play corner worth beans but was the GOAT at teams.

That said, I think they'll have a couple gadget plays for him at a minimum - Jet sweep, quick slant, skinny post.

I know I have Sproles envy but I'm not sold on Crockett. I like the shorter back from Troy based on the one or two plays I've seen. 

like I said he is lucky he is a talented SP player or he most likely would be gone...he also flashed as a returner so he has some value to keep around as they have a deep receiving corp this camp and Rodgers will never trust a receiver who can't run routes which is why he loves Abby.

Edited by classicrawker

47 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Janis will make the team because he's an incredible gunner. Remember Jarrett Bush? Couldn't play corner worth beans but was the GOAT at teams.

That said, I think they'll have a couple gadget plays for him at a minimum - Jet sweep, quick slant, skinny post.

I know I have Sproles envy but I'm not sold on Crockett. I like the shorter back from Troy based on the one or two plays I've seen. 

Actually that's a good comparison. And like Janis, Bush came up with a big play in a huge moment (Super Bowl Int) when he had to step in due to injury. I think they're gonna get the ball into his hands anyway they can, including those gadget plays you mentioned. They ran a jet sweep during Family Night and it got a huge reaction on Twitter and in the stands :lol:

I like Crockett as a third stringer, but considering how durable Starks has been, and hopefully considering how reliable Lacy will be, the third string back shouldn't be needed in a big role. Didn't see the guy from Troy (been busy scheduling a date)

4 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Neither Lacy or Starks can catch a pass worth a damn. Lacy does it out of necessity and he's hard to stop with momentum. 

I want a RB that can come in on 3rd, protect Rodgers, and catch passes. Think it'd kill opposing defenses.

Go get that date, son!

#34 the guy from Troy? And you better believe I got it...I just had to pick the place and make a reservation :lol:

55 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I'd be surprised if he wasn't. More production than Quarless last season. Knows the offense decently well.

Henry vs. Backman will be interesting. I don't know anything about either except Backman has the ideal TE body type.

Out of those two I'd prefer Backman. I feel like he's made more plays in the limited time I've seen either of them and, like you said, he has a better TE body. 

Also Datone Jones...hopefully he keeps that up. Maybe he won't be a bust after all...

Edited by Crazyman

Haven't paid any attention to the off season really but damn excited for the season  to start now. Just received my tickets to the Cowboys vs Browns in Cleveland on November 6th and Cowboys vs Steelers in Pittsburgh, November 13th. Also my Elliott and Dez jerseys have been shipped. 

Go Cowboys!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Janis is injured

Guess that solves the WR dilemma

UGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH. He'll probably end up getting thrown on the PUP list because of this. 

Edit: I guess he can't. He'd have to go on IR/Designated to return...I have a feeling they'll make him wear a club on his hand so he can still play gunner. The NFL should just cancel the season at this point - there's no reason to watch Football without Jeff Janis. 
#proudjeffjanissupportersince2014 #actuallyserioustoo #ilikedhimwhenwedraftedhim

PS - the Packers media team is the same as the North Korean media:

Edited by Crazyman

pre season just started and i already am on the brink of writing my team off. i wish i'd never even seen a football game. but i'm from Texas and from inside the womb i knew i'd have to watch. plus i'm quite sure i heard my dad yelling during games. i once said i liked the colors of another team and he threatened to disown me.

Some good things in the game this weeks Packer game . The first string Oline looked solid as usual and Lacy looks much improved. The D looks pretty good, with rookies Clark and Martinez looking solid, and we have a wealth of DB's.

Not so great was how Spriggs was beat like a rented mule....He has the atheleticism to play LT but he really needs to get stronger as he can't anchor worth a shit against stronger Dlinemen. Unless he makes a dramatic improvement as the year goes on I think Ted will need to ante up for Bahktiari to keep him protecting Arod...

4 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Khal Drogo (Bakhtiari) got smoked against Mack last year too IIRC. 

He does need to get stronger and improve but he went against a #1 OLB during his second exhibition game. I mean that's gonna happen. 

my team won so i guess i have to start believing again :lol: and they have a lot of new players who looked really good. it know it's only preseason and in the past my team has lost every preseason game then gone on to win Super Bowls but it feels good to see them looking good and winning :)

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Khal Drogo (Bakhtiari) got smoked against Mack last year too IIRC. 

He does need to get stronger and improve but he went against a #1 OLB during his second exhibition game. I mean that's gonna happen. 

Not saying he won't be a good Tackle but evidently Mack was not the only Raider DLineman to man handle him. He has talent but the question is will he be ready to start next year as Bakhtiari is going to get big money. The other option would be to move Bulaga to LT.

In any case they need to protect the franchise.

• Like 1

Romo has a broken bone in his back and is out "indefinitely."

The Dak Prescott era has officially begun in Dallas. I'll always feel bad that Romo most likely won't get his ring before he hangs them up.

Love or hate the Cowboys, you can't deny that Romo is one of the toughest guys in the league. The dude has played with a punctured lung and all kinds of other injuries.

Tony will always have my respect for all that he's done for the Cowboys. Gonna be sad to see him go out any other way than holding up the Lombardi Trophy.

Edited by The Real McCoy

McCoy he may be tough, but hes made of glass. The only reason he has the reputation he does, is because he breaks so often. And he's only out til mid season.

Full disclosure, when my Hawks were playing them, before the game I responded to a picture of Romo to my wife, I hope they hurt him, he's a bitch. Two plays in...I feel guilty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlisOld said:

McCoy he may be tough, but hes made of glass. The only reason he has the reputation he does, is because he breaks so often. And he's only out til mid season.

Full disclosure, when my Hawks were playing them, before the game I responded to a picture of Romo to my wife, I hope they hurt him, he's a bitch. Two plays in...I feel guilty.

worst one of those "bad timing" choice of words was from my brother. nick collins was an absolute asshole to one of my family members once, we were watching a game and my brother goes, "fuck nick collins, he is an asshole, i hope he breaks his neck" about 10 minutes later he hurt his neck and never played again. felt bad afterwards but damn lol.

49 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Thoughts on Kaepernick not standing for the National Anthem?

he's a punk. he went to UNR, which is in the city i live in and my friend had a class with him. said he was always cracking dirty jokes w/his fellow football cronies and being generally disruptive. of course he got away with it cos he was making the football team look good for once in it's existence. he's a jerk any way you look at it! :anger:

• Like 1