2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

Double post, don't care (but care enough to keep telling you I don't, apparently)

Ian Rapoport reporting that the Packers are gonna look to use Monty and Trevor Davis more today! ^_^

I"m excited because this means less Davante, which is good with me. That being said our defense is decimated so hopefully we can put up some points today.

It just goes to show that if you bitch about something enough, you'll get your way :lol:

I think my pants are getting tighter thinking about a Cobb/Monty backfield for a series. Good luck stopping that shit!

Plus the obvious addition by subtraction that you mentioned. Just imagine week 5 we roll out a Jordy/Janis/Cook (or Davis) trip set with Cobb/Monty in the backfield.

Edited by Crazyman

Well tough game to evaluate as I could only listen while mowing the lawn  but safe to say we really miss Shields and our pass defense needs some work........might have to add DB as a priority in next years draft if some of the youngsters don't develop fast......but Nick Perry is finally playing like a 1st rounder so hopefully when Clay gets back we can mask some of the secondarys poor play with more pass rush........

Three games now and I feel pretty comfortable saying the middle of the defense is a strength as the Lions held to 50 yrds rushing on 22 carries....Ryan and Thomas looks like they made a huge leap and Martinez is playing well for a rookie...........

So for those who watched it what happened to the Ofense 2nd half? Sounded like Arod got happy feet again and McCarthy went into his prevent offense which almost prevented us from winning?..........

Good thing Peppers is coming off the books next year because we'll need that extra $ to pay Perry. 

Lions got a late TD on a lazy Josh Hawkins in the first half, then put together a well sustained drive right after halftime. Packers then tried to slow the game down by running with Lacy more, but ultimately just got ultra conservative, like they always seem to do, while the defense went into a prevent-lite performance. The amount of 3rd and 10+ they converted would've made me thrown up had we not be winning by so much.

Edit: This explains it. 'Playing not to lose' is MM's 2nd half motto, I swear:

rahjahs.jpg

Edited by Crazyman

9 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I'm not super worried about the CBs. Randall needs experience and then he'll ball out all day. Time will tell.

Rollins has been disappointing though. Hawkins made a great play before that fuck up giving up on the play. 

McCarthy is just... sigh

hopefully the DB's improve with experience as the year goes on as they are a talented group.........Hawkins is being compared to a young Shields as an UDFA with tremendous speed so it might have been too early to stick him out there but with the lead they had it was a good gamble to get him some live action. The biweek came a t a good time with all the injuries but could hurt them as the season drags on

Let's see, rolling out to his left flicks the ball off balanced across his boy 70 yards down the field on a dot. If Davis makes this catch...it would still barely be top 10 in A-Rod's best plays. Even when he's no bueno, he still is incredible.

Edited by Crazyman

Best Run Defense by far in the NFL through 3 games.......even more amazing considering we had 5 key defensive players out with DT Pennel suspended against the Lions and still stoned them on the run.....now if we can get the secondary straightened out and stay healthy we may have something..............

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/33747/yes-mike-daniels-packers-run-defense-still-the-nfls-best

• 2 weeks later...

Am I wrong to complain about winning games? Our receivers still can't get consistently open, but we still decide to throw it on almost every play. 

Our opening drive is our best drive of the game - we get the run game going, get a good mix of run and pass and eat up a lot of clock...then go back to the same old crap we've been doing the past year. Throw on every play, run it every once in a while (with Starks, even though Lacy is dominating), take up no time, etc. 

It's funny, somehow the Vikings have a better offense than us this season even with them losing Teddy and AP. And our offensive line being amazing. And having Jordy back. And having Aaron Freakin Rodgers. 

Good:

Offensive line, Cobb, Lacy, Defense (special shoutout to the corners)...and if I'm nice I'll throw in Davante.

Bad: 

Rodgers, Jordy

Ugly:

Starks, special teams outside of Crosby

IThey're playing it up a silly foolishness in this article, but my detective mind says this is a logical hypothesis. If so, we may never see him back to his form of yesteryear.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/nfl-aaron-rodgers-slump-deflategate-conspiracy-theoryhttp://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/nfl-aaron-rodgers-slump-deflategate-conspiracy-theory

I saw that but don't think it's true. Presumably the NFL didn't wait until the Packers bye week last year to start enforcing the inflation of the balls - his pre-bye numbers were: 124/182 (68%), 1,491 yards (8.2 average), 15 touchdowns, 2 picks.

It wasn't until after Denver "figured" out how to play GB that the struggles really started. Plus I'm pretty sure that rumor started in New England :lol:

If the PackIRs play poorly tonight I think they're done. People keep trying to point to 2010 but that was an ascending team, while this is clearly a stagnant to descending team. 

3 hours ago, Crazyman said:

99.99999999% that Lacy is the one to come back. I'm convinced Shields has played his last down in a Packers (and maybe any) uniform. 

I hate to agree, but I agree nonetheless. Shields needs to start thinking about his health after 5 concussions

Gonna do my best not to complain about a win again but...if we don't have an updated scheme by next Sunday we should settle in for a long, long season. 

Very happy to see Davante have a great game, particularly after being questionable for the game. Hopefully this is his breakout game...something I've said a few times before :lol:

Going to pray that Mac uses this extra time to add some wrinkles into the offense that don't include iso routes. For some reason I doubt it, however. 

Edit: I will say, however, that our second half (outside of the fumble/td) is exactly what I'd like to realistically see out of the offense. We won't be able to run the ball, but if we can efficiently pass it and pick up first downs we can still milk the clock and score. 

Edited by Crazyman