2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

9 hours ago, bran said:

worst one of those "bad timing" choice of words was from my brother. nick collins was an absolute asshole to one of my family members once, we were watching a game and my brother goes, "fuck nick collins, he is an asshole, i hope he breaks his neck" about 10 minutes later he hurt his neck and never played again. felt bad afterwards but damn lol.

this brings to mind the game where Michael Irvin sustained his career ending injury. it was in Philly and when it happened it was apparent this was a very severe injury and yet the Philly fans were cheering in the stands. CHEERING! the behavior of most fans these days makes me sick and is why i am watching less and less of the NFL. remember when we had sportsmanship? when if a player was down everyone was concerned for him whether or not he was on "your" team?? smh...now all it brings is disgusting trash talk and no concern for a player unless he's on "your" team!

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

On 8/27/2016 at 1:57 AM, Wagszilla said:

Callahan is super impressive. I bet Ted is trying to deal him as we speak.

Still on the Burks > Crockett train. Great adjustment by Allison on that long throw from Callahan. 

Another play made by Marwin Evans. I think Brice will make the team but no way they're able to keep Evans on the Practive Squad. 

This team is pretty deep. I love it. 

You've converted me to the Burks bandwagon :lol: 

God I hope there's a way we can keep Allison (and Callahan)...both are gonna be decent players, at least. This has gotta be the deepest this roster has been since the Super Bowl year. 

Agreed that Brice makes the team - would like to see Evans make it too because they're not gonna be able to sneak him on PS. There's a ton of scouts at our preseason games so far. 

9 hours ago, bran said:

worst one of those "bad timing" choice of words was from my brother. nick collins was an absolute asshole to one of my family members once, we were watching a game and my brother goes, "fuck nick collins, he is an asshole, i hope he breaks his neck" about 10 minutes later he hurt his neck and never played again. felt bad afterwards but damn lol.

Ugh...don't remind me. :(

Edit: That game was the day after my 21st birthday...was still hungover (and had just gotten high...good old college days!) when that happened. 

Edit 2: LOL, Janis is practicing with a club on his hand...and making 1 handed catches in scrimmage. That guy is such an enigma to me, but I still love him <3 ^_^

Edit 3: Jordy is back to full padded scrimmage as well and is also making awesome one handed catches. White lightning x 2!

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 1

Thought I read a quote from a scout of another team about  Evans that if the Packers don't keep him on the roster they will be playing against him so little chance he makes the PS I think.

So I ask the Packer fans here would you rather keep Evans or an extra WR?

Pats cut massive DT Terrance "PotRoast" Knighton....considering the unsettled state of our DL I wonder if Ted takes a shot at him.....Unless he is willing to sign for the Veteran Minimum, which might be doubtful, not sure Ted would pony up though...........

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Keep Evans.

Good safeties are hard to come by and Micah Hyde's deal is up at the end of the year. I like Hyde but let him go make money elsewhere and use the money on your OL (Lang).

I've mostly given up on Davante Adams but think they carry 6 WRs with Janis on PUP.

I like a couple of things I've seen out of Allison but I haven't seen enough to have a "we gotta keep him" reaction. His size is really impressive though, I will say that.

I agree with you as I would keep Evans as  Burnett also seems to miss games during the season and Hyde while versatile can be up and down......don't think Ted will give up on Adams yet but if he has another down year he could be at risk next year. 

As much talent as Janis has I don't think he will ever be more than a ST player and 4th receiver at best...........

So would you sign Lang or Bakhtiari? Bakh would most likely cost double what Lang, who will be 30 at the start of next season, would get but he is only 24 and talented LT's are like gold in the NFL............

So if they keep Callahan on the 53 man roster and he keeps improving does Ted take the risk and trade Hundley after the season and hopefully pick up a high draft choice while he still has a couple of years under contract?

Edited by classicrawker

50 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Keep Evans.

Good safeties are hard to come by and Micah Hyde's deal is up at the end of the year. I like Hyde but let him go make money elsewhere and use the money on your OL (Lang).

I've mostly given up on Davante Adams but think they carry 6 WRs with Janis on PUP.

I like a couple of things I've seen out of Allison but I haven't seen enough to have a "we gotta keep him" reaction. His size is really impressive though, I will say that.

Janis can't be PUP'd since he's already (and is currently) practicing. 

I would be ok with trading Hundley before next season. If anything goes bad we can always do the veteran backup thing. Flynn is still a FA :lol:

Edited by Crazyman

5 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Thought I read a quote from a scout of another team about  Evans that if the Packers don't keep him on the roster they will be playing against him so little chance he makes the PS I think.

So I ask the Packer fans here would you rather keep Evans or an extra WR?

Pats cut massive DT Terrance "PotRoast" Knighton....considering the unsettled state of our DL I wonder if Ted takes a shot at him.....Unless he is willing to sign for the Veteran Minimum, which might be doubtful, not sure Ted would pony up though...........

really shocking knighton didn't work out in new england, but i think he definitely worth a look.

9 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I feel bad for Teddy and the Vikings. Horrible.

I also feel bad for Crockett but in a way it was a blessing in disguise. Burks is the guy they need. 

I'm somewhat baffled by trading McCray and keeping Elliott. The latter has been in the scheme but has looked awful whereas the former as shown promise. 

Dislocated knee AND a torn ACL. The good news is there's no nerve damage, so he should be able to play again. 

Crockett got IR'd so he has a chance to make the team again next year. Agreed that Burks is the guy. 

Elliot is like the Janis of OLB's (or the Bush of OLB's, if you wanna go that way). Sucks at practice but delivers when he has a chance during games. Not sure about how many players we have right now but I wouldn't be surprised if we make another trade before the season starts. 

Also Masthay is out. I wish we would've kept Mortell but whatever. Hopefully this isn't another Jon Ryan situation again.

2 hours ago, Crazyman said:

Dislocated knee AND a torn ACL. The good news is there's no nerve damage, so he should be able to play again. 

Crockett got IR'd so he has a chance to make the team again next year. Agreed that Burks is the guy. 

Elliot is like the Janis of OLB's (or the Bush of OLB's, if you wanna go that way). Sucks at practice but delivers when he has a chance during games. Not sure about how many players we have right now but I wouldn't be surprised if we make another trade before the season starts. 

Also Masthay is out. I wish we would've kept Mortell but whatever. Hopefully this isn't another Jon Ryan situation again.

Man, how does that happen without contact!?  Never wish that on any player, and Teddy is by all accounts a good guy. 

The moves today surprised me.  Lots of guys stashed on IR.  And I wish we had kept Mortell, too, but guess he looked shaky in practice.  Hope this new punter is a good holder.  

I like Janis at gunner, and he was coming on at the end of last season.  Hopefully Ellliot finds his mojo.  That final round of cuts will be even more brutal than usual.  

On 8/13/2016 at 4:03 AM, Bono said:

Haven't paid any attention to the off season really but damn excited for the season  to start now. Just received my tickets to the Cowboys vs Browns in Cleveland on November 6th and Cowboys vs Steelers in Pittsburgh, November 13th. Also my Elliott and Dez jerseys have been shipped. 

Go Cowboys!!

that's what i'm sayin'!!!!!

45 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

@Crazyman @triad @classicrawker

We just won the NFC North for the next half decade!

Just saw that on ESPN.....pretty steep price for a mediocre QB who gets hurt a lot but I guess they figure they have what it takes to win this year and are mortgaging a little of their future to go for it..............

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2016 at 4:03 AM, Bono said:

Haven't paid any attention to the off season really but damn excited for the season  to start now. Just received my tickets to the Cowboys vs Browns in Cleveland on November 6th and Cowboys vs Steelers in Pittsburgh, November 13th. Also my Elliott and Dez jerseys have been shipped. 

Go Cowboys!!

that's what i'm sayin'!!!!!

so now that preseason is over do we start a regular season topic??

Sitton would look good in a dolphins uniform, but i highly doubt that will happen.

giving a first round pick for bradford is quite stupid. bradford won't finish the season and whatever he does give you will be incredibly mediocre. i would rather have just signed someone like vick, doesn't cost a pick, and he will give you pretty much the same production. Bridgewater's injury is very similar to culpepper's, he may never be the same again(he wasn't all that good to begin with) and the vikings might need that first pick they just pissed away to find a new qb.