2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

First Packers TD of the season? An Aaron Rodgers rush! ^_^

Oh goodie, Davante is still dropping the ball, both literally and figuratively.

Edit: If the Jags didn't have such a terrible 4th down call at the end I would've nominated Mac for the guillotine. Fuck that shotgun toss play, get it out of the fucking playbook! Also 3 straight runs inside the 7 with one of the best players to ever play the game at QB?!

Edited by Crazyman

Watchd the second half and thought the D Line played o.k...Jags only had 48 yards rushing so they must have done a decent job keeping the Oline off of Martinez and Ryan who had good games...........

Secondary was not that bad as  well IMHO but certainly the young CB's need to pick it up................

Considering Rodgers and Nelson played only a handful of snaps in the preseason you have to expect they should be scoring big point once they all get in sync.........

Considering they were playing a good young Jags team in 90+ degree heat on the road it was a good showing for the first game of  season......

15 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Watchd the second half and thought the D Line played o.k...Jags only had 48 yards rushing so they must have done a decent job keeping the Oline off of Martinez and Ryan who had good games...........

Secondary was not that bad as  well IMHO but certainly the young CB's need to pick it up................

Considering Rodgers and Nelson played only a handful of snaps in the preseason you have to expect they should be scoring big point once they all get in sync.........

Considering they were playing a good young Jags team in 90+ degree heat on the road it was a good showing for the first game of  season......

Just a few things:

Chris Ivory not playing almost certainly helped with the Jags rushing. He would've torn up the inside of our d-line/LB's. Nelson didn't play any snaps in the preseason.

The last time the Packers won their first game of the season in Florida they won the Superb Owl. The last time the Packers won the Superb Owl, it was played in Texas (as it is this year). Packers winning the Owl confirmed!

Image result for owl

• Like 1

96 for the first (beat the Bucs in Tampa), 2010 for the Texas Super Bowl. 

Yeah, if Shields is out we might be in trouble. Hyde would almost certainly be forced to play corner exclusively. 

Denard Robinson got blown up on an inside rush before that and it led to a sack. He got manhandled basically whenever he stayed in to block :lol:

2 hours ago, Crazyman said:

Just a few things:

Chris Ivory not playing almost certainly helped with the Jags rushing. He would've torn up the inside of our d-line/LB's. Nelson didn't play any snaps in the preseason.

The last time the Packers won their first game of the season in Florida they won the Superb Owl. The last time the Packers won the Superb Owl, it was played in Texas (as it is this year). Packers winning the Owl confirmed!

Image result for owl

why do you think Chris Ivory would have torn them up inside? they played the run tough today and Ivory isn't exactly a Probowler in fact he is nothing better than a journeyman backup his whole career.......

If you had said you were withholding judgement until they play the Vikes and Peterson I would agree with you but I don't see how you claim the Dline played poorly today.....

Edited by classicrawker

Chris Ivory is not a journeyman backup caliber player. The Saints had a ton of RB's so he didn't get carries there and played on some pretty poor Jets teams save for last year in which he played very well. The Packers weakness on defense is clearly the middle, both with the d-line and ILB. 

I didn't say the d-line played poor. I'm saying the Jags running game would've been vastly improved over a 1.8 ypc (or whatever it was) if Ivory played. Yeldon and Ivory are similar in size but different in running styles. 

I'm not worried about AP carving up this team considering Shaun Hill is the QB. 

7 hours ago, Crazyman said:

Chris Ivory is not a journeyman backup caliber player. The Saints had a ton of RB's so he didn't get carries there and played on some pretty poor Jets teams save for last year in which he played very well. The Packers weakness on defense is clearly the middle, both with the d-line and ILB. 

I didn't say the d-line played poor. I'm saying the Jags running game would've been vastly improved over a 1.8 ypc (or whatever it was) if Ivory played. Yeldon and Ivory are similar in size but different in running styles. 

I'm not worried about AP carving up this team considering Shaun Hill is the QB. 

You are projecting his performance which is not borne out by his career stats. He has been in the league 8 years and has only broken 1000 yards once. If he was anything more than a journey man he would not be going on his third team and would have been signed by a team as a feature back which he hasn't. He played on two teams that had top rated passing games, in the Saints and Jets, so the 8 men in the box can not be used as an excuse for him not getting more touches. If he was anything more than a journeyman rotation player he would have gotten more touches in both places. And if he was  a bellcow back  the Jets or even N.O. would have resigned him.  N.O. has been looking for a feature back as long as Brees has been QB there yet Ivory was not given the ball more.

The Packers are thin at the DL right now with Pennel suspended for 4 games but the middle of the defense was probably a highlight for them yesterday. Holding any NFL team to under 50 yards rushing is nothing to be sneezed at and considering the Jags have a very good passing game and quality receivers it makes it even more impressive in my book...................You did not say they played poorly but did say getting Pennel back and Clark healthy they would be at least decent but IMHO they played better than decent yesterday. 

Like I said let's see how they fair against a team with a bellcow running back before we pass judgement on the quality of the middle of the Dfense............ 

It will be interestnig to see whether Hill or Bradford start next week and how the Packers defense plays it. I would expect 8 in the box all day long to stop Peterson forcing Minny to beat them through the air.

Minnesota's defense won the game for them yesterday with the only two TD's on turnovers  so it will be a real test to see if our offense is really back. 

Edited by classicrawker

Ivory was an undrafted player who sat behind 3 other RB's in NO after his rookie season. It's tough to break 1,000 yards when you don't get the ball and you're injured. When he actually played he did very well there. 

Then he went to the Jets, who for the first two years he was there were absolute garbage. He got less than 200 carries those two years and still rushed for over 800 yards in each season. Last year they finally got a decent team around him, including the "top rated passing game" led by Ryan Fitzpatrick, and he played in 15 games and rushed for over 1,000 yards. This is his 7th year and he's only started 38 games, and only averages a little over 100 carries per year - it's not because he's a poor player, it's because he can't stay healthy. 

The Packers are the weakest at defending the inside on defense and are poor at attacking it on offense. Cook will help the latter, but hopefully the young ILB's keep getting better to improve the former. 

Edited by Crazyman

1 hour ago, Crazyman said:

Ivory was an undrafted player who sat behind 3 other RB's in NO after his rookie season. It's tough to break 1,000 yards when you don't get the ball and you're injured. When he actually played he did very well there. 

Then he went to the Jets, who for the first two years he was there were absolute garbage. He got less than 200 carries those two years and still rushed for over 800 yards in each season. Last year they finally got a decent team around him, including the "top rated passing game" led by Ryan Fitzpatrick, and he played in 15 games and rushed for over 1,000 yards. This is his 7th year and he's only started 38 games, and only averages a little over 100 carries per year - it's not because he's a poor player, it's because he can't stay healthy. 

The Packers are the weakest at defending the inside on defense and are poor at attacking it on offense. Cook will help the latter, but hopefully the young ILB's keep getting better to improve the former. 

There is a reason he only started 38 games in 7 years cCazy and he barely broke 1000 yards last year and a reason the Jets chose not to resign him. To me he is the definitoin of a journyman back.....good enough that teams still want him but not good enough to be their bellcow back like a Lacy, Peterson, CJ Anderson etc......I am not saying he does not have some talent but I doubt Defensive Coordinators are spending a lot time scheming to stop him like they would for a Peterson....this is why I challenge your assertion he would have gashed the Packs D if he had played as tthe middle of the D pretty well against the Jags especially since they have a talented offense and passing game............Like I said lets see them stop a Peterson talent RB before I get too excited but I really liked what I saw from Martinez and Ryan. They always seemed to be around the ball.

The Vikes will be a big test for the offense and playing in Minny is never easy....hopefully the Ofense is a little more in sync this week.

@Wagszilla

Umm...AP led the league in rushing last year. If he's in decline he hasn't really shown it at this moment.

Otherwise I agree with your Packers records, as long as they stay healthy (aka 2014).

Btw, I haven't talked about how good Lane Taylor and Nick Perry played on Sunday...something if you told me last year I would be saying I would say you're crazy :lol:

Also not surprised that Nick Perry is playing well. Had a feeling after that playoff run that he'd be doing well...just hope he doesn't play himself out of GB.

For a back over 30 I consider that pretty impressive, particularly with the lack of offensive threats and lack of o-line in Minnesota.

How bout them RAMS!!!??   Hey Los Angeles, get used to it.  As a St. Louis Rams fan, I've seen them stink it up plenty.  Did win a super bowl.  Anyway, Los Angeles, get used to a lot of punts, but you do have a good punter since he gets a lot of work.

OK, back to the Green Bay thread.  Carry on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crazyman said:

Double post/don't care

Holy shit, Bak just got paid! 4 year $52 mil. Bak is a good LT but he's not top 5. I wonder if Spriggs moves inside now and we let Lang go?

JMO but I think it is a good signing considering how difficult it is to find a quality LT and Baks youth only 24yrs old......Also read they think he has the ability to improve so they were willing to overpay a little for him but he most likely would have gotten similar money as a FA.

From what I have read on various websites it is more likely Bulaga moves inside and Spriggs takes over left tackle...the thought is Bulaga has the strength to handle guard while Spriggs is more of a lean tackle body type and needs to get stronger.......Also read they are trying to resign Tretter so I think Lang may be a goner........Ted does not value guards as much as other positions and based on his history seems to feel he can get one late in the draft or as a UFA..........Tretter can play both tackle positions in a pinch and should not cost crazy money to resign

wonder if they keep Tretter at center and move Linsley inside? he certainly is strong enough to handle the guard position.............

Edited by classicrawker

Regardless of what happens we'll have a lot of flexibility moving forward. I just don't think Bakh is gonna improve that much, but he is young and good LT's are hard to come by, so this deal makes sense before he would've hit the open market.

Tretter might be the most underrated player on the team, imo. The guy can play all 5 o-line positions...I would try and lock him up next.

Depending on how he plays the rest of the season I think Tretter ends up starting center as he is going to get starting center money as a FA from someone so doubt Ted resigns him as a backup and not sure he is a stout enough for guard fulltime.

Agree about Bak as he may not be a top 5 but he would have gotten that money at the end of the season from someone.