2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

Congrats to Matt Ryan and the Falcons with a clutch last minute TD for the win.....considering all their injuries I give the Pack credit for keeping it close but their depleted secondary just could not close the deal....

One bright spot is Arod looks like he is starting to get his magic back so hopefully they can stay close for a wild card spot this year.......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J Dog said:

Nice to see the Raiders being relevant again. David Carr might be the best young qb in the league.

i love seeing the Raiders looking good and the Whiners sucking so bad. now all the bandwagon Whiner fans might jump back to Oakland like in 2002-03 :P

3 hours ago, J Dog said:

Nice to see the Raiders being relevant again. David Carr might be the best young qb in the league.

sorry to disagree but i think that honor goes to Dak Prescott...js :)

• Like 1

And the Niners deserve everything they're getting. They had a great coach that in a few years took them from being a garbage team to almost winning the super bowl and they let him go since he wanted a little more say so. Look where they're at now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

honestly i'd love that of course being a life long fan but i am not going that far! i would love for Witten to have a ring, he is such a great player, mentor, motivator and person :heart:

I love Witten. Big decision down in big D once Romo is cleared, which won't be long from the way they talk.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i love seeing the Raiders looking good and the Whiners sucking so bad. now all the bandwagon Whiner fans might jump back to Oakland like in 2002-03 :P

sorry to disagree but i think that honor goes to Dak Prescott...js :)

I think Dak needs to do it for a few more years before we anoint him with that title...more than one rookie QB has had a success his first season and regressed when the league figured out their weaknesses..........

Just now, classicrawker said:

I think Dak needs to do it for a few more years before we anoint him with that title...more than one rookie QB has had a success his first season and regressed when the league figured out their weaknesses..........

we were talking about rookie QB's...and there is none better than Dak right now.

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

we were talking about rookie QB's...and there is none better than Dak right now.

Sorry I thought the discussion was best young QB as David Carr was mentioned.............can't argue against Dak being the  best rookie QB from this years draft class...........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, classicrawker said:

Sorry I thought the discussion was best young QB as David Carr was mentioned.............can't argue against Dak being the  best rookie QB from this years draft class...........

yikes sorry you're right. but i still back Dak :P i hate even talking about this stuff cos every time i get my hopes up i get them dashed :(

Well stick a fork in the Packers season giving up 21 points in the first quarter to the Titans.....Even if they manage to rebound and come back it does not look like the playoffs are going to happen I would like to see them have a losing season so they get a high enough draft choice to get an impact defensive player in the first round.........With Matthews on the wrong side of 30, and seemingly starting to breakdown a little, we really do not have an impact player on defense other then maybe Daniels and he can't do it alone......

Never thought I would be saying this but maybe it is time to start thinking rebuild I think..........we have a decent OL, but have so many needs on both offense and defense I don't know where to start.........

3 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Well stick a fork in the Packers season giving up 21 points in the first quarter to the Titans.....Even if they manage to rebound and come back it does not look like the playoffs are going to happen I would like to see them have a losing season so they get a high enough draft choice to get an impact defensive player in the first round.........With Matthews on the wrong side of 30, and seemingly starting to breakdown a little, we really do not have an impact player on defense other then maybe Daniels and he can't do it alone......

Never thought I would be saying this but maybe it is time to start thinking rebuild I think..........we have a decent OL, but have so many needs on both offense and defense I don't know where to start.........

Packers' front office needs to stop being so stubborn about acquiring players outside of the draft imo. It worked for a while, but I think that's largely because of the greatness of Aaron Rodgers (not to mention one of their key impact defenders a few years ago was Charles Woodson, who wasn't drafted by the team). It's honestly just straight-up weird how they seem to just refuse to use any other avenues for improving their roster. They cut Knile Davis before he even had a chance to possibly show anything (was acquired a day or two before their game and was cut almost immediately afterward), probably because they were terrified of giving up a 7th round pick. It's just bizarre. They signed a way-past-his-prime Julius Peppers a few years ago, but they'd be smart to start using trades and free agency to their advantage more.

I actually don't hate this loss as much as the last few (ugh) because I got to watch the game with Jerry Kramer, but once I get back to earth (next Sunday when we lose to the Redskins) I'm going to start getting pissed again. 

Thankfully the NFC North sucks so we're still somehow in it. But shit needs to change this offseason because we've become stagnant at best at this point.