The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

i don't know if i can go through the whole thread to find the answers i seek - and lol at me just posting the following on 4chan thinking i might get some good responses - so i'll just leave it here, wondering if anyone can provide insight:

Question for anybody in a relationship; namely dudes in relationships with chicks:

What motivates you to 1) want to be in the relationship and 2) stay in it?

Like, depending what age you are, in the back of your mind, do you contemplate her being "the one" that you might marry? Is that scary at ALL?

My issue is that there is a world of women out there. I can't believe that everyone that is faithful in a relationship believes she is hot enough for you to stick around with and not cheat on.

Don't you view it as a bit of a prison at all? Or is the reality of steady sex and attention and affection enough of a motivator for you to want to stay in it?

edit: this sounds mysoginistic. i don't mean it like that. it was just spelled out in such a tone bc, you know, 4chan. I just mean that guys always seem to have eyes for other women, regardless of their relationship status.

Edited by there is no dana only zool

I want to be in the relationship because I've found somebody who intrigues me, challenges me, pushes me, is my first thought in the morning and the last at night. It's for those reasons that I stay in it as well.

I'd feel quite lost without her, and we've made significant progress over the last month from "steady relationship with potential" to "great relationship with lots of potential"

I love her :)

I want to be in the relationship because I've found somebody who intrigues me, challenges me, pushes me, is my first thought in the morning and the last at night. It's for those reasons that I stay in it as well.

I'd feel quite lost without her, and we've made significant progress over the last month from "steady relationship with potential" to "great relationship with lots of potential"

What the fuck does all that drivel mean? She's a girl not a goddamn sudoku puzzle. Just be honest.....you like boning her and hanging out with her. It's better than sitting around alone with a thumb up your ass. Why do you feel the need to dress it all up in that flowery crap?

What the fuck does all that drivel mean? She's a girl not a goddamn sudoku puzzle. Just be honest.....you like boning her and hanging out with her. It's better than sitting around alone with a thumb up your ass. Why do you feel the need to dress it all up in that flowery crap?

Basically what he means is it'd be nice to have a girl he can chat with and not some dozy tart that sits around eating crisps and watching Jeremy Kyle whilst picking a wedgie out of her arse :lol:

I can't believe that everyone that is faithful in a relationship believes she is hot enough for you to stick around with and not cheat on.

That sentence is kind of the key to your entire post.

Being in love is different than being in lust.

Loving somebody unconditionally is a much deeper thing than worrying about how "hot" your wife is or thinking there is somebody "hotter" out there. A relationship has to be based on more than just looks.

If you are willing to cheat on your GF or wife simply because you saw a girl that was "hotter".......then you weren't really in love with your gf or spouse.

My wife is gorgeous. But I just spent a week in Hollywood on vacation and saw some of the most stunning women I've ever seen. But not once did I think "oooh, I should try and sleep with that woman because she is hotter than my wife."

• Like 1

I can't believe that everyone that is faithful in a relationship believes she is hot enough for you to stick around with and not cheat on.

Loving somebody unconditionally is a much deeper thing than worrying about how "hot" your wife is or thinking there is somebody "hotter" out there. A relationship has to be based on more than just looks.

If you are willing to cheat on your GF or wife simply because you saw a girl that was "hotter".......then you weren't really in love with your gf or spouse.

My wife is gorgeous. But I just spent a week in Hollywood on vacation and saw some of the most stunning women I've ever seen. But not once did I think "oooh, I should try and sleep with that woman because she is hotter than my wife."

This is my issue, I've never felt that way about a girl ever. I dont do it on purpose, my dinkle just...yknow, points the way, like a radar or something.

I mean its a biological thing isnt it, how do you stop that?

Edited by Len B'stard

This is my issue, I've never felt that way about a girl ever. I dont do it on purpose, my dinkle just...yknow, points the way, like a radar or something.

I mean its a biological thing isnt it, how do you stop that?

Fall in love bro, fall in love.

Basically what he means is it'd be nice to have a girl he can chat with and not some dozy tart that sits around eating crisps and watching Jeremy Kyle whilst picking a wedgie out of her arse :lol:

She's more than just a sex object, I eat different things, go new places, see different social groups, do new sports - they're all things that she's encouraged me to do.

I've met somebody who has a completely different set of life experiences, and this bounces between us and we both challenge each other.

• Like 1

She's more than just a sex object, I eat different things, go new places, see different social groups, do new sports - they're all things that she's encouraged me to do.

I've met somebody who has a completely different set of life experiences, and this bounces between us and we both challenge each other.

Hows she feel about Chelsea? :lol:

I don't think I want to get married. I hate being the center of attention and I dislike ceremonial gathering. But with that said, being lonely sucks so I want a woman to settle down with.

Have a quiet one then man.

I just don't see the point. Dedicating the rest of your life to someone seems like a burden of a commitment.

Also the types of girls I would marry theoretically would share my same sentiments and who would I invite? Three buddies? Certainly not my family.

As long as i get an invite son :lol:

You'd go to an arnold layne wedding? :lol:

Yeah man, sounds like my kinda do, plenty of booze and drugs, a quick congratulations then fuck off home before you start getting on each others nerves, perfect, thats very me, I'm generally a very enthusiastic person but it comes in short bursts :lol:

An Arnold Layne wedding featuring Lenny, Snake-Pit and Miser as guests..........would make for a wonderful documentary or reality show.

I think I'd frighten Miser to death to be honest :lol:

Of course, Len loves Pink Floyd.

What have those pack of wankers gotta do with anything? :lol:

• Like 1

Of course, Len loves Pink Floyd.

What have those pack of wankers gotta do with anything? :lol:

"Arnold Layne" is the name of one of their songs.

Is it really? I thought it was some sort of reference to that whatshisname who played for that grunge band that died around the same time as Kurt but no one gave a shit cuz his band were a load of bollocks. Can't remember their name now for the life of me but you know the one, they had that album with the dog on the front cover. Learn something new every day. Now i think about it Arnie used to be quite fond of Syd Barrett.