The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

5 hours ago, Graeme said:

You think I have inhibitions and self-distrust? Is this related to the confidence thing?

Also, James Bond is a terrible example :lol: he's not a gentleman, he's a total cad! His treatment of women is appalling!

If you don't know how to make a move, as you said, I believe a few May Queens may be of great help.

You could become a gentlemanly James Bond. One who is great at picking up girls with his suave, confident behaviour and charm, and then marries them and loves them forever.

Edited by SoulMonster

It's a numbers game. So you got to do what you got to do to meet as many as possible and be as great as possible, but no trickery!

Just don't do as a couple of my friends have done, they gave up. Nice, funny, smart guys who just weren't successful at the dating game, or didn't feel comfortable about it, and uiltimately just gave up. At age 45ish they now live alone in nice, big houses. A lot of room for a lot of loneliness.

So I cant decide if this move is gutsy or creepy. Its right on the border. Would love to hear some opinions

In the fall I was on tinder and matched with a few girls. I was talking to a few, and one I started dating. We had a full on relationship from August until last month. Once we ramped up I deleted my tinder profile entirely, thus losing my matches. One of the girls I was talking to (lets call her B) was cool and I remember thinking we'd get along, but then I got into a relationship.
Now that Im single again I was on tinder and bumble last week and she popped up on both but we didnt match this time, likely because I disappeared the first time. We had a few mutual friends on Facebook and I remembered who, plus she has a unique name so she was easy to find. I am considering messaging her on FB. One caveat- I once asked a girl out via LinkedIn (got a few dates out of it but we werent a good fit, ended on friendly terms though) and she happens to be friends with B.
So should I do it? it is such a borderline creepy/ballsy move I cant decide. Worst case is she knows my name and thinks its creepy but I can handle that. She was legit cute and cool and we had a good rapport before I got into a relationship. I would explain it similar to how I did above. I feel like in the tinder era people research each other a lot like this.

1 hour ago, bt88 said:

So I cant decide if this move is gutsy or creepy. Its right on the border. Would love to hear some opinions

In the fall I was on tinder and matched with a few girls. I was talking to a few, and one I started dating. We had a full on relationship from August until last month. Once we ramped up I deleted my tinder profile entirely, thus losing my matches. One of the girls I was talking to (lets call her B) was cool and I remember thinking we'd get along, but then I got into a relationship.
Now that Im single again I was on tinder and bumble last week and she popped up on both but we didnt match this time, likely because I disappeared the first time. We had a few mutual friends on Facebook and I remembered who, plus she has a unique name so she was easy to find. I am considering messaging her on FB. One caveat- I once asked a girl out via LinkedIn (got a few dates out of it but we werent a good fit, ended on friendly terms though) and she happens to be friends with B.
So should I do it? it is such a borderline creepy/ballsy move I cant decide. Worst case is she knows my name and thinks its creepy but I can handle that. She was legit cute and cool and we had a good rapport before I got into a relationship. I would explain it similar to how I did above. I feel like in the tinder era people research each other a lot like this.

You can try but if it were me, as a woman, I'd tell you to take an exit.

she'll know she is second/ third best.

On 28/04/2016 at 9:03 PM, bt88 said:

measage her. whats to lose? stop worrying as you are giving her far to much respect at this early stage.

message, message, message

On 4/30/2016 at 3:26 PM, Len B'stard said:

How you feel with a fortnight to go, is your bum flapping or what? :lol:

I feel okay now, I had a few days last week when I got really freaked out and stressy, and was just weepy over the slightest thing, but it seems to have passed.  Part of me just wants wedding planning to be over :lol: It should be a good day, though it will be nice when it's all done and we can go back to just being us.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:

I feel okay now, I had a few days last week when I got really freaked out and stressy, and was just weepy over the slightest thing, but it seems to have passed.  Part of me just wants wedding planning to be over :lol: It should be a good day, though it will be nice when it's all done and we can go back to just being us.

You'd do alright kidder, just say i do prompt and dont shit my man up eh? :lol:. Cuz that always happens in Eastenders!

50 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

You'd do alright kidder, just say i do prompt and dont shit my man up eh? :lol:. Cuz that always happens in Eastenders!

...aaaand then I get the weekly phone call from my mother ranting at me about wedding stuff and I just rage-quit planning.  Don't think the boy realised I was serious when I said I am DONE, he can sort the rest <_<

14 minutes ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:

...aaaand then I get the weekly phone call from my mother ranting at me about wedding stuff and I just rage-quit planning.  Don't think the boy realised I was serious when I said I am DONE, he can sort the rest <_<

Thats it my girl assert yourself :lol:. Nah, seriously, dont get the hump, you're at the home stretch now, fortnight from now and it'll be all memories, I'm sure you can hack a fortnight...then again i aint the one gettin' the needle here!

8 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Thats it my girl assert yourself :lol:. Nah, seriously, dont get the hump, you're at the home stretch now, fortnight from now and it'll be all memories, I'm sure you can hack a fortnight...then again i aint the one gettin' the needle here!

She had a go at me the other day because she was stressing about the weather...seriously, the WEATHER!? :huh:

I probably didn;t help saying I'd just wear my leather jacket over my fress if it's cold :lol:

22 minutes ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:

She had a go at me the other day because she was stressing about the weather...seriously, the WEATHER!? :huh:

I probably didn;t help saying I'd just wear my leather jacket over my fress if it's cold :lol:

How exactly does one have a go at someone cuz of the weather?!?  Anyway its in fucking May, its not like you've gone and done it in rainy season.  Apart from that everydays rainy season upon the mighty Tweed, no? :lol:

17 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Mitcham represent!

Done a bit of porridge back in the day and not suprisingly either, he was a proper cunt, apparently he used to actually refer to himself as 'The King' or 'The Ruler' on the streets, walking around broad daylight and beyond with all that ridiculously overboard dookie rope chains and all that.

10 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Done a bit of porridge back in the day and not suprisingly either, he was a proper cunt, apparently he used to actually refer to himself as 'The King' or 'The Ruler' on the streets, walking around broad daylight and beyond with all that ridiculously overboard dookie rope chains and all that.

Sounds like a nob. Probably referred to as The Queen whilst is prison.