The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

minge and mingin' aren't really related, though they share a few letters, if someone or something is mingin' it just means that its rank, disgusting.  A minger is a more precise term for an ugly girl though I've heard some use it against guys but generally it's directed towards a girl.

it's weird how different English is from where you are and here in America. if i ever do get to visit there i'll need a translator :P

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

it's weird how different English is from where you are and here in America. if i ever do get to visit there i'll need a translator :P

American English has its own quirks as well its just America is so comprehensively represented in media that everyone knows your slang and stuff.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

American English has its own quirks as well its just America is so comprehensively represented in media that everyone knows your slang and stuff.  

yeah it kinda freaks me out how well known most of our stuff is known. how do you guys watch our TV shows? Netflix?

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yeah it kinda freaks me out how well known most of our stuff is known. how do you guys watch our TV shows? Netflix?

I'm not sure, I'm a bad person to ask cuz i dont really watch a lot of TV and I'm not the most culturally aware but i mean like through music and films and such, its kinda international how popular your shit is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm not sure, I'm a bad person to ask cuz i dont really watch a lot of TV and I'm not the most culturally aware but i mean like through music and films and such, its kinda international how popular your shit is.

and yet i am fascinated by your country. most of the stuff here is boring to me. i dream ( literally ) of being in England. though not so sure about your food :P

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Sky is mostly made up of American shows here. We have every American show going. 

do you enjoy them more than your own shows? like i think the British (and original ) version of The Office is far superior to the one we had...mostly because i can't stand Steve Carrell and Ricky Gervais is so funny! :lol:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

do you enjoy them more than your own shows? like i think the British (and original ) version of The Office is far superior to the one we had...mostly because i can't stand Steve Carrell and Ricky Gervais is so funny! :lol:

There are many American shows I like to watch, but I really do hate it when they try to remake British comedies. The most sacrilege was the Shameless remake, there's only one Frank Gallagher. I'm not too keen on The Office in the first place, I watched the American one and thought it was quite amusing :lol:

The funny thing is, Im so used to watching US shows that I don't notice the accent at all in them, but when an American speaks to me on real life I'm all like ooohhh how weird lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

There are many American shows I like to watch, but I really do hate it when they try to remake British comedies. The most sacrilege was the Shameless remake, there's only one Frank Gallagher. I'm not too keen on The Office in the first place, I watched the American one and thought it was quite amusing :lol:

The funny thing is, Im so used to watching US shows that I don't notice the accent at all in them, but when an American speaks to me on real life I'm all like ooohhh how weird lol. 

i have The Office Christmas special on DVD and i watch it every year and i always cry at the part where Dawn opens the present from Tim then goes back to the party and they finally get together. of course one of the last episodes of the American version has me in tears too when Jim has Pam watch a DVD he had made for her of all the best moments of their love/marriage . and at that point Carrell was gone so it was much better :lol:

never saw Shameless. 

i'm just so tired of reality shows. there is one show that i absolutely love that is like a satire of The Bachelor called UnReal, it is black humor at it's best IMO :lol:

my bff's parents were both from England and i loved visiting her house and hearing them talk. plus her mom made the BEST mincemeat tarts ever :drool:

• Like 1

@AxlsFavoriteRose Do you mean mince pies? :lol:

If you're after something funny to watch then you can't really go wrong with the British version of Shameless, series 1-3. The first series has James McAvoy in it. 

This is Frank Gallaghers xmas speech about old people, it makes me cry laughing. 

Also, sorry for derailing the thread. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@AxlsFavoriteRose Do you mean mince pies? :lol:

If you're after something funny to watch then you can't really go wrong with the British version of Shameless, series 1-3. The first series has James McAvoy in it. 

This is Frank Gallaghers xmas speech about old people, it makes me cry laughing. 

Also, sorry for derailing the thread. 

idk here a mince pie is a whole large pie, tarts are individual little pies? she always called them mince tarts, i just put mincemeat cos that's what we call it here :P

LOL that was hilarious, i LOVE Frank Gallagher now ( i put love in to put the thread back on the rails ;))

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I LOVE talkin' to Americans, its so cool, it's like talking to a character in a film, i go all Sybil Fawlty on em like 'you're from America, aren't youuuu?  I know, i know!' :lol:  Especially people from the South, they sound so cool.  Can't stand American TV though, it's awful.  Mind you i cant really stand much English TV anymore, most of what i watch is old.  American sitcoms though are fuckin' dreadful and I'm a big sitcom kid.  Their stand up is amazing though whereas our stand up, with a few notable exceptions, is (or was until recent years) pretty shite.

American sitcoms lack depth i find.  An American funny guy is like...a cool wisecracking sort of person, like lifes winners and they laugh with em, English funny guys are like...aspirational people, people that haven't quite made it in life and aren't really going to make it, losers almost to a point and we laugh at them most of the time, there's also often something tragic there beneath the surface but at the same time we're kind of fond of them, deeply fond even, sometimes the most odious or perhaps just hopeless of people and the reason is cuz we identify with em on some level, whether we like to admit it or not, we root for them, despite their being twats.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I was asking your opinion Haggis, Papal certification of universally applicable accuracy is not necessary :lol:

There's virtually no way of saying that you're not physically attracted to someone without it coming off like you're a cruel, shallow cunt, is there? 

6 minutes ago, Graeme said:

There's virtually no way of saying that you're not physically attracted to someone without it coming off like you're a cruel, shallow cunt, is there? 

Good Christ no, don't say that! :P If she texts you and brings up going out again, just say "you know I had a really nice time, I just don't see it going anywhere. I'm glad I met you though."

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Good Christ no, don't say that! :P If she texts you and brings up going out again, just say "you know I had a really nice time, I just don't see it going anywhere. I'm glad I met you though."

Haha, of course I would never say that. I meant in answer to Len's question!

• Like 1

On 01/10/2016 at 11:33 AM, Len Cnut said:

One of the violence capitals of England yknow, ol' Shottingham.  I got family up there apparently.  Can i give you some advice?  Dont crowd the girl, relax up a bit, i aint saying dont talk to her but dont come off so needy and emotional, its unbecoming, its birds that are meant to be the emotional ones not blokes.

:lol: Hardly. Plenty of twats around though, probably related to you I'm sure lol.

On 01/10/2016 at 6:44 PM, spunko12345 said:

Interesting fact about Nottingham men outnumber women there, about 2:1 I think the ratio is. It's a quirky stat that's somehow come about. 

I thought it was supposed to be the other way round? that lasses outnumber the men? That's what I always hear.

Meh, seems about the same as any other city..

On 30/09/2016 at 10:01 PM, Slash787 said:

it feels that she doesn't cares. 

:lol: She's getting all the student dick. I think you should move on.

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Oh, well ok then. :lol:

It does make you feel incredibly guilty though, and challenges any notions that you may have of yourself as a decent human being, because from a straightforward moral perspective we're taught not to pre-judge people on anything other than the content of their character (though as a species we fail miserably on that score in many instances). But, in order to enter into a romantic relationship with someone, which will presumably have a strong physical dimension, there really should be some desire to get "up close and personal" with them, that kinda magnetism we all feel... and on this occasion, I didn't experience that at all.

Even writing that makes me feel disgusted with myself, because it challenges my lifelong perception of how I should value people. But, logically, not everyone can be attracted to everyone, right? It doesn't mean that there's necessarily anything objectively wrong with someone... A friend pointed out to me, to try and make me feel better, that the vast majority of relationships need to start with physical attraction and then personality comes into the equation; and that, in and of itself, is not shallow. What is shallow is where personality makes no impact on your decision-making whatsoever and you value people purely for how they look, or the amount of money they have, or their circle of friends or whatever...

• Like 1

Graeme, don't worry.  Your primary concern may be how she looked  but if she was interesting to you, you would still want to go on more dates, I'm sure. Don't feel guilty at all!

When I realised I was spending more free time with a guy friend, physically I didn't find him appealing. I remember asking a friend for advice on what to do. But I kept seeing him because he treated me really well and we had a great laugh. Even when I agreed to make things "official" with him, I wasn't too sure about his weight and teenage skin etc. I expected to get bored after a few months and call it off. He's now my husband. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Graeme said:

Shes a dog then? :lol:

9 hours ago, PappyTron said:

Not really. It just means you'll be getting it hard and rough. :lol:

:lol: