The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

Fuck's sake, Len, that's a horrible way to refer to anyone. Also, no, she's a great lass and she's got a lot going for her, just didn't give me stomach butterflies, but not many girls do... On average I meet a girl that I think "Wow, yeah, okay..." about once or twice a year.

2 hours ago, Graeme said:

Fuck's sake, Len, that's a horrible way to refer to anyone. Also, no, she's a great lass and she's got a lot going for her, just didn't give me stomach butterflies, but not many girls do... On average I meet a girl that I think "Wow, yeah, okay..." about once or twice a year.

Dont get me wrong, i aint trying to have a go, like my friend Jack always says when i tell him a bird he fancies aint all that he goes 'yeah, well i aint all that either' :lol:  Its just a convenient definition amongst friends, i aint suggesting its right or proper to call a bird a munter to her face.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Dont get me wrong, i aint trying to have a go, like my friend Jack always says when i tell him a bird he fancies aint all that he goes 'yeah, well i aint all that either' :lol:  Its just a convenient definition amongst friends, i aint suggesting its right or proper to call a bird a munter to her face.

ok you got me again...munter?? :lol: please explain!

19 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I LOVE talkin' to Americans, its so cool, it's like talking to a character in a film, i go all Sybil Fawlty on em like 'you're from America, aren't youuuu?  I know, i know!' :lol:  Especially people from the South, they sound so cool.  Can't stand American TV though, it's awful.  Mind you i cant really stand much English TV anymore, most of what i watch is old.  American sitcoms though are fuckin' dreadful and I'm a big sitcom kid.  Their stand up is amazing though whereas our stand up, with a few notable exceptions, is (or was until recent years) pretty shite.

American sitcoms lack depth i find.  An American funny guy is like...a cool wisecracking sort of person, like lifes winners and they laugh with em, English funny guys are like...aspirational people, people that haven't quite made it in life and aren't really going to make it, losers almost to a point and we laugh at them most of the time, there's also often something tragic there beneath the surface but at the same time we're kind of fond of them, deeply fond even, sometimes the most odious or perhaps just hopeless of people and the reason is cuz we identify with em on some level, whether we like to admit it or not, we root for them, despite their being twats.

i like to watch sitcoms cos they're easy ( i am usually not paying attention when i have them on. ) and they usually start off good for me but i soon find myself being irritated as hell with some of the characters.

i want to watch a good drama series, i started watching the new one w/Kiefer Sutherland, Designated Survivor. i watched the first epi and then i missed the next one and then i just said eff it. Grimm was great when it began then it turned into some awful variation of Scooby Doo. and The Black List was enjoyable ( James Spader is amazing to me ) but then i lost interest in it.

i think my attention span is too short :lol:

5 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah but it's still good though. He's actually likeable and not an arrogant, sarcastic twat.

Also, Carlton is the man!

The Simpsons is my favourite American sitcom :lol:

It's lost its edge a bit in recent years, but when I was in my teens/early twenties I thought it was the best. South Park too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The Simpsons is my favourite American sitcom :lol:

It's lost its edge a bit in recent years, but when I was in my teens/early twenties I thought it was the best. South Park too. 

i love South Park but i don't watch it that often anymore. but there are some classic episodes that i would watch over and over :lol:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Graeme said:

A friend pointed out to me, to try and make me feel better, that the vast majority of relationships need to start with physical attraction and then personality comes into the equation; and that, in and of itself, is not shallow. What is shallow is where personality makes no impact on your decision-making whatsoever and you value people purely for how they look, or the amount of money they have, or their circle of friends or whatever...

Yep..and you are obviously not that type of guy, so not to worry! Although I may challenge your friend on his point of physical attraction, or spark, needing to come first..as gracii was saying, when you grow to care for someone, and you enjoy their company, etc etc, they actually DO become more attractive to you..all that oxytocin released during sex helps a lot in this area ;) 

1 minute ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Yep..and you are obviously not that type of guy, so not to worry! Although I may challenge your friend on his point of physical attraction, or spark, needing to come first..as gracii was saying, when you grow to care for someone, and you enjoy their company, etc etc, they actually DO become more attractive to you..all that oxytocin released during sex helps a lot in this area ;) 

Don't mention The S Word or you'll scare the poor boy off.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2016 at 10:25 AM, Graeme said:

:lol: Do I have a reputation as some sort of frigid celibate? 

I don't keep up as much as I used to, but last time I heard you were a virgin.  And you're...in your mid to late 20s or something?

I consider you some kind of frigid celibate, yes.  Although I wouldn't normally use the word frigid for a guy.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2016 at 5:41 PM, Len Cnut said:

What if she is though? You know, proper hanging.

10 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

I don't keep up as much as I used to, but last time I heard you were a virgin.  And you're...in your mid to late 20s or something?

I consider you some kind of frigid celibate, yes.  Although I wouldn't normally use the word frigid for a guy.

That's a wee bit fucking harsh, :lol:. Wouldn't celibate imply that I'd taken a conscious decision to actively avoid love/sex/relationships, rather than it just being the way things have happened?

10 minutes ago, Graeme said:

That's a wee bit fucking harsh, :lol:. Wouldn't celibate imply that I'd taken a conscious decision to actively avoid love/sex/relationships, rather than it just being the way things have happened?

hqdefault.jpg

"Oh, och aye, I'm a student Volcanologist, don't you know"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Graeme said:

I like you dude.  I know what I said was harsh.  But I don't get it.  You're a genuinely nice guy, talented, intelligent, and you're a good looking guy.  The only reason you're not crushing poosy is cause you're choosing not to.

Surely by now the overwhelming urge to just fucking FUCK something supercedes all the nice-guy-just-wanna-find-my-soulmate stuff, no??

Haven't you ever considered just banging a chick you find physically attractive just for the sake of doing it and continuing the quest for the soulmate after getting a few notches on your belt?

• Like 1

On 10/24/2016 at 7:45 PM, Graeme said:

Guys today are all about sex. No one wants to date. No one wants to get to know you. They just want to **** and go. I salute you! 

So the girl I talked about who moved to Nottingham, she is hardly talking, I see her online, but still she doesn't cares to message. 

Half of the time she is busy, she doesn't talks for 4 days and then for 1 day she talks. 

Its not that surprising to see this kind of attitude from her, I told her to enjoy her new life and I knew this would happen. 

I guess people are different, I am not saying that be there 24/7, but like I am a fool who is waiting for her, but she is not interested at all.

Even I went for my studies, even I was away, I was alone, I had no family members with me, at least she has her cousins with her, but I took out the time to talk to her.

She said she can't be there for my Entertainment, so basically all the personal things I told her were just for "Entertainment"? 

I know I sound like a cry baby and I should move on, but we talked everyday for 7 years, we shared everything, so I was very attached to her, she is/was my best friend. I am honestly hurt to see this kind of attitude from her. 

On 25/10/2016 at 1:58 PM, estrangedtwat said:

I like you dude.  I know what I said was harsh.  But I don't get it.  You're a genuinely nice guy, talented, intelligent, and you're a good looking guy.  The only reason you're not crushing poosy is cause you're choosing not to.

Surely by now the overwhelming urge to just fucking FUCK something supercedes all the nice-guy-just-wanna-find-my-soulmate stuff, no??

Haven't you ever considered just banging a chick you find physically attractive just for the sake of doing it and continuing the quest for the soulmate after getting a few notches on your belt?

Sometimes, sure, I just see a girl and I think damn... But you know yourself, when you're a guy, you're generally (though not always) a lot less aware of the options you have. I've just very rarely been in a situation where I've known the means, motive, opportunity and a willing accomplice were all there, it's not like I'm regularly turning girls down. There've probably only been a couple of times when I have known, there was one pretty hot Spanish air hostess I met on a train that I'm confident would have been a dead cert had I called her...

But I didn't, it didn't sit right with me, she was only visiting Glasgow for a week, we didn't really have that much in common apart from whatever mutual physical attraction there was and I feel like getting physical is a step that I'd rather take with someone I know and trust a little bit more than just 3 hours of conversation on a train. If I had a bit more experience, it might have been different, I may have gone for it (I say as I hear your hand colliding with your forehead).

Shit, maybe I am a frigid celibate :lol:. Doesn't feel that way to me though.

As for "all the nice-guy-just-wanna-find-my-soulmate stuff?" That makes it sound like I'm putting on an act to fulfil some sort of cultural archetype, rather than just trying to be true to what I feel. I'm not on some deluded, grandiose quest for the "one true love" or anything like that, I think there are probably lots of girls out there with whom I could be happy... I just don't think it's too much to ask to meet a lassie that gives me butterflies (it does happen occasionally), get to know them a bit and get it on from there... Doesn't seem that unrealistic an aspiration, it just hasn't happened yet.

On 29/10/2016 at 2:30 AM, delilahrose said:

Guys today are all about sex. No one wants to date. No one wants to get to know you. They just want to **** and go. I salute you! 

Haha, d'you salute me for apparently being different? The truth, as far as I can see it is that everyone's different, guys and girls, and while there are some helpful generalisations you can make (I used to be completely against generalisations of any kind), you should probably just treat everyone you meet as an individual and not judge what they may or may not want by the actions of people who happen to share the same set of genitals...