The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

1 minute ago, Graeme said:

Haha, she'll always be beautiful, and I don't mean that in a daft sentimental way. As objectively as I can state... yes, absolutely.

I believe she said:

"Me, really? Wow, I am really happy you told me that, but why didn't you say anything...? I had no idea."

"I just never thought I had a chance, really."

"No, you definitely should have said."

There was a lot of giggling between all of that. But she moved back to Australia literally the following day. She's now very happily involved with someone else, and I'm thrilled for her. It was just cool to close that chapter on such a nice note.

so cool yet bittersweet.

aside from the football jock i had a big crush on a swimmer. i had library study...a class where the librarian basically makes the student do the grunt work one was checking the books in and out from other students. anyway he was a senior and i was a junior and on the last day of school he comes into the library and HE asks ME to sign his yearbook. i have no clue what i wrote, probably something like have a nice summer but i will never forgot what he wrote. he wrote I always see you here in the library but i never knew your name. Wow!

i have no idea what he meant by it but of i'd read what he wrote first i'd have written my phone # in his yearbook!

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

I stayed in a friend's room in London last night. His posh flat mate above us woke us up with the loudest sex…

"Yah…yah… yah…

literally…

LITERALLY!"

My ex boyfriends neighbors used to literally have the walls shaking and you could hear moans in the night...it was almost like they were in the same room it was so loud:facepalm:

I had a neighbor that worked weird hours and would vacuum upstairs at 6 am on Saturday mornings, sounded like she was sucking the ceiling up... god I hated that.

Edited by BlueJean Baby
added

I lived in a flat once and all I could hear one night was the loudest moaning and groaning coming from the apartment downstairs. It went on for literally hours. It wasn't anyone having sex, but rather the old lady that lived there had fallen over, broken her hip and was banging and moaning for help.

40 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

How long have you been together?

Officially about a year and a half, and have been dating for about 2. I've known her for over a decade, though

18 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

I lived in a flat once and all I could hear one night was the loudest moaning and groaning coming from the apartment downstairs. It went on for literally hours. It wasn't anyone having sex, but rather the old lady that lived there had fallen over, broken her hip and was banging and moaning for help.

:lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PappyTron said:

Whilst you banged on the wall going 'oi put a fuckin' sock in it you noisy cunts, theres decent people tryna sleep!' :lol:

19 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

My ex boyfriends neighbors used to literally have the walls shaking and you could hear moans in the night...it was almost like they were in the same room it was so loud:facepalm:

I had a neighbor that worked weird hours and would vacuum upstairs at 6 am on Saturday mornings, sounded like she was sucking the ceiling up... god I hated that.

Id wind em up and start moaning along with em, put em off their stroke :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Whilst you banged on the wall going 'oi put a fuckin' sock in it you noisy cunts, theres decent people tryna sleep!' :lol:

Id wind em up and start moaning along with em, put em off their stroke :lol:

Pappy was probably ruining some socks, thinking "is there anything I won't have a wank to?" :P.

• Like 1

I will say that American (movie/tv) high schools waved an unobtainable olive branch to a British person. Dating and proms and impossibly attractive people listening to Chuck Berry and carrying their groceries in brown paper bags. Where was any of this when I was being bummed up the arse for being a Newcastle supporter and not a Mackem a Britisher may dare to ask? The high school girls were not people I personally wanted to date but people who wanted to burn my house down with all my family in it.

• Like 1

TV versions of US high schools are not very realistic, at least not where I grew up. Atlanta is a pretty big city. My high school had several different groups of people. The nerdy kids, the football player/cheerleader group, the ones into fast cars who would smoke their tires in the parking lot and get into fights and then the ones considered to be freaks doing dope all the time. Usually had at least one drug overdose a month. Back then there was no middle schools, high school was grades 8 thru 12, which means you had 13 year olds in the same school as 18 year olds. I remember st least five 13 year old girls having to get married to their older boyfriends my first year there. Back then people were not as fast to prosecute guys for having sex with girls under 16.  People hung out on weekends at the skating rink. I did too until I was 15 and met my first real boyfriend who was 21 and in a band. After that my parents assumed I was at the skating rink or at a friends house. I also stopped hanging out with anyone from my school. It was life with my best friend from another school and the band. Surprised I graduated, I skipped school all the time to be with my boyfriend. I did have to go to summer school so I could finish high school. I was hell bent on growing up too fast, never went to a prom because my parents did not know about my boyfriend, did not attend graduation because I really did not have many friends at school. Just wanted to get school over with. My parents were very straight laced, would throw my clothes if they didn't like what I was wearing, so I learned the best way to get along was to avoid letting them know what I was doing and who I was with. I did keep begging to go to an Aerosmith concert, they finally agreed to take me if I took a girl they liked from church...little did they know she smoked pot too. I stood in line and bought tickets, two for them on one side of the arena and two for me and my friend on the other side. I knew where their seats were, it was funny watching them with cotton in their ears at Aerosmith/Ted Nugent while we partied across the arena...lol.

Anyway, don't think US high schools were really like the movies, maybe some in California were. :P

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok so not following! nm...anyway a ? for the male of the species. why can't guys just be honest and tell the person they are with what is going on? i mean when the female knows something is wrong and asks questions and the guy just dodges the issues and talks around them? what IS that??

I feel like that is a generalization. Some guys can be honest, some chicks can't. Some people just choose the easy way sometimes and that is dodging issues.

I'm a guy and most of the time I'm honest. I take pride in that, but notice I was being honest just now and said "most of the time". Sometimes you just don't want to hurt the other person or you don't want to lose what you have or just delay it I think. It takes balls too. ("balls")

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok so not following! nm...anyway a ? for the male of the species. why can't guys just be honest and tell the person they are with what is going on? i mean when the female knows something is wrong and asks questions and the guy just dodges the issues and talks around them? what IS that??

What we have here is a failure to communicate:P.  sorry could not resist.

Some guys just don't like to talk about issues or think they may upset you so try to avoid it

12 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I feel like that is a generalization. Some guys can be honest, some chicks can't. Some people just choose the easy way sometimes and that is dodging issues.

I'm a guy and most of the time I'm honest. I take pride in that, but notice I was being honest just now and said "most of the time". Sometimes you just don't want to hurt the other person or you don't want to lose what you have or just delay it I think. It takes balls too. ("balls")

yeah i should have said every guy i was ever involved with. i have only ended two relationships in my life, one when i was 17 and this guy i dated in high school for like 6 months then he moved away. but he kept popping up and acting like we were bf and gf! then i moved away to a tiny town in the foothills of cali and he found out where i lived and showed up there. told me he was joining the army and could he write? i said ok. first letter i get he says he loves me and wants to marry me! so as kindly as i could i explained my confusion over our "relationship" and said i was dating someone else and good luck etc etc. second guy i only dated a few time i got a solid serial killer vibe from so i ended it on the phone. idk...it's very confusing :/

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

On 10.1.2017 at 11:06 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

idk maybe it's different here. it seems everyone wants that "perfect soulmate" and if you end up with anything less they mock you and say you have "settled". the woman that i considered like a mom after my own passed had such a great story. she was engaged to a dr, everyone in her family was pleases as punch but one day a man came to her door selling raffle tickets. she said he was so sweet and charming when he asked her out she said yes. long story short, she dumped the dr and married the man, she was with him til the day she died. they were married 50 odd years. when she died her husband was devastated and he died less than a year later.

Well, from a historical point of view that "one perfect partner" thing doesn't make much sense. People used to live in their own place with another some hundred persons (if sso many) and most of them never saw anything else. I'm pretty sure there exist multiple potential partners, you just have to make the choice.

Edited by Zurimor

13 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Wow smart man. Much better to be honest... most of the time.

I know I asked my soon to be ex what was wrong, he was not one to talk much in general, so he didn't want to talk then either. I later realized that what was wrong was I was starting to question the relationship, like Women's intuition or something, and it was me not being happy but holding it in that was wrong.