The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

Just now, spunko12345 said:

Nonsense. If anyones really struggling though just ring social services and get them to pay to winch Dazey out. Just shake the crumbs off him and lean him up against something and he looks quite hot.

Don't encourage me, if my husband's anything to go by, I like a cuddly man. Purrr… 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, History2010 said:

My girlfriend fell in love with another guy and left me. Still in shock right now

I don't know you, but I am so sorry you are going through this.  Trust me, someday you'll be so thankful that this happened. Hang in there and be kind to yourself  --it takes time, but it does get better. So much better.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I don't know you, but I am so sorry you are going through this.  Trust me, someday you'll be so thankful that this happened. Hang in there and be kind to yourself  --it takes time, but it does get better. So much better.  

Thank you very much. I'm 17 and this was my first relationship. It lasted 5 and a half months. I should have seen it coming really. The boy is her old best friend, they reconnected a week ago and she says she just fell in love with him. She dumped me today and immediately asked me to still be friends, but I haven't really processed that this is real yet. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, History2010 said:

Thank you very much. I'm 17 and this was my first relationship. It lasted 5 and a half months. I should have seen it coming really. The boy is her old best friend, they reconnected a week ago and she says she just fell in love with him. She dumped me today and immediately asked me to still be friends, but I haven't really processed that this is real yet. 

I'm old enough to be your Mom, but I still remember my first broken heart and how devestating it was.  Just know that sometimes the relationships that hurt us are the most are the ones that teach us the most and the world is full of good people who will treat you better.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, History2010 said:

Hang in there. My son is 27, I remember his first broken heart. He was devastated. One day you will find the right girl. 

7 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I'm old enough to be your Mom, but I still remember my first broken heart and how devestating it was.  Just know that sometimes the relationships that hurt us are the most are the ones that teach us the most and the world is full of good people who will treat you better.  

She is right.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, History2010 said:

Keep your chin up dude. It's gonna happen plenty more times. And you'll break a few yourself as well. It hurts for a while, but my experience was that the worse it hurt, the quicker it seemed a new girl came into the picture. Trust me dude- it's gonna be fine in a real short time.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Keep your chin up dude. It's gonna happen plenty more times. And you'll break a few yourself as well. It hurts for a while, but my experience was that the worse it hurt, the quicker it seemed a new girl came into the picture. Trust me dude- it's gonna be fine in a real short time.

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Hang in there. My son is 27, I remember his first broken heart. He was devastated. One day you will find the right girl. 

She is right.

Thank you both for the encouraging comments. It really does mean a lot. She sent me another message an hour ago admitting that she Reconnected with this  guy earlier then she told me and was actually cheating with him for a couple weeks. Fun times for me.

Edited by History2010
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, History2010 said:

Thank you both for the encouraging comments. It really does mean a lot. She sent me another message an hour ago admitting that she Reconnected with this  guy earlier then she told me and was actually cheating with him for a couple weeks. Fun times for me.

If that is how she is, hard as it may be to let go, you don't need that in your life. Too many other girls out there.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

If that is how she is, hard as it may be to let go, you don't need that in your life. Too many other girls out there.

she is certainly immature. She is 16 after all, I know I'm not that much older but I feel like I'm much more mature in the end. 

Edited by History2010
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, History2010 said:

she is certifiably immature. She is 16 after all, I know I'm not that much older but I feel like I'm much more mature in the end. 

I never have understood cheaters...I have never done that in my life. I have been cheated on, but you kind of expect that dating nothing but musicians. :P

• Like 1

well this is kind of about a friendship relationship but kind of more. when i was spending the night at my friend's ( we have been BFF's since we were both 19 or so, about a year after my mom passed. ) anyway some of the things we discussed i may bring up later but for now this kinda leads into another relationship. she was pretty well lubed up after drinking almost a full pitcher of margaritas to herself and was now on her second glass of champagne. anyway we began talking about how we first met. i was on my second date with a guy i had vaguely known for about 2 years, i think he dated a chick who was friends with another chick who was good friends with the girl i was BFF's with for a while ( another longer story i may go into another time. ) anyway she was dating my date's co-worker and we had gone by so my date ( let's call him Dave ) could get his paycheck and to pick up some weed from his co-worker, we'll call him Jeff. so while Jeff and Dave were dividing up the weed my soon to be BFF ( call her Tracy ) comes up and said you look familiar. i had no clue but she nailed it...we both were attending the same college. 

anyway the next day at campus she came up and hey it's you and i said yep. so since it was lunch time she asked if i wanted to ride with her to get her paycheck. so we went and all the while praying for my life ( she's a terrible driver and drives VERY fast ) she asks if things were serious with me and Dave. i laughed and said no, he was cute but kind of a flake. she said she had dated Dave but had broken up with him because on a date one time Dave had passed out and Jeff had started making moves on her and was always more attentive to her. so she broke up with Dave and she and Jeff became a thing. BUT she still liked Dave. so she had this crazy idea, we would just show up at Dave's together and see what he did. so we did and it was very awkward so we finally said well we just came by to see if you had any weed and he said no and we left. after that Dave never asked me out again but Tracy and i became BFF's.

so this brings me up to something i am going through now. i am not going into any details but i just want this person to know maybe next time take a page from Tracy's book and BE HONEST. when someone says hey do you like this guy? say yes i do and don't play petty head games. we are all adults here.

and guys do you enjoy grown women who play childish head games or would you prefer someone being straight up with you?

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

On 15/03/2017 at 1:43 AM, BlueJean Baby said:

I never have understood cheaters...I have never done that in my life. I have been cheated on, but you kind of expect that dating nothing but musicians. :P

Ah you've just been going out with the wrong musicians. I'm all in or nothing, no shenanigans :D

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...