The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

6 hours ago, Lithium said:

I've started looking for engagement rings. 

I never thought I'd post that in this thread when I made it seven years ago, haha. 

Congrats. Do they have Costco in Norway? They actually carry really nice jewelry.

4 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Wheeeeeeee! I love forum weddings! Congratulations! How are you going to propose? 

Thanks! Not sure yet, but I want to think of something that will surprise her. 

3 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Congrats. Do they have Costco in Norway? They actually carry really nice jewelry.

Thanks! Ha, no we don't.

Congrats about the ring!  

Ive been holding off on my post in honour of it.

I believe I am with the wrong person.  I feel like I don't have it in me to get out.  Just too tired, so to speak.  And I have a disability that is in a time of instability and potential decreased health and ability.  My partner is rather disengaged and not very compassionate about my health struggle, but at least she has a full knowledge of it.  So thats one thing that feels like its just too hard to start over with someone new.

Where Im at is that this is weighing heavily on my.  Im not experiencing this as a phase.  Feels like the sand is passing through the hour glass too fast and Im missing out on life itself. And I believe in possibility of the life I envision - its nothing too fancy at all.  

I dont know exactly what Im asking/seeking by posting this but am more then open to any responses or input.

@soon Do you think you would be happier on your own? I'm not saying staying with her is better than being alone but have you thought about the practicalities of splitting up? Like who leaves? Is your house owned by both of you? Can you manage financially on your own? I think that deep down you may already know what you want to do. Have you talked to her about how you feel? Dunno if i've said anything useful but I hope you get the result you want/need.Sending you big hugs.:hug:

17 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@soon Do you think you would be happier on your own? I'm not saying staying with her is better than being alone but have you thought about the practicalities of splitting up? Like who leaves? Is your house owned by both of you? Can you manage financially on your own? I think that deep down you may already know what you want to do. Have you talked to her about how you feel? Dunno if i've said anything useful but I hope you get the result you want/need.Sending you big hugs.:hug:

Thank you for your response and hugs.  Its amazing how that emoji can actually feel real.

I think Id be as disappointed on my own as I am in this relationship.  I really wanna fast forward to new relationship. Financially I think we'd both be okay.  

What I think has hit home wth me in the moment the most that you asked is: have i talked to her about how I feel?  I guess up on reflection Id have to say that I have not stated it in this way to her.  Ive brought forward many issues and have at times been reactive to some behaviours. But, no I haven't said this.  I dont find conversations with her very productive, but I can see how I should say what I've said here.  Thanks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soon said:

I think Id be as disappointed on my own as I am in this relationship.  I really wanna fast forward to new relationship.

Soon, I'm not sure that going from one relationship immediately into another one is the healthiest way to go. And why do you think you'd be as disappointed on your own as you are being with the wrong person? I can understand that not everyone is okay with being alone, it can be very hard, but at least that makes a space available for the right one to come along and fill...

And look at all the hobbies and interests you have! you have many things to occupy your time and brain with if you get to feeling lonely.

14 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Soon, I'm not sure that going from one relationship immediately into another one is the healthiest way to go. And why do you think you'd be as disappointed on your own as you are being with the wrong person? I can understand that not everyone is okay with being alone, it can be very hard, but at least that makes a space available for the right one to come along and fill...

And look at all the hobbies and interests you have! you have many things to occupy your time and brain with if you get to feeling lonely.

Thank you for responding.  I know the you are right.  I think thats what I mean when I said I wanna fast forward - I know it takes time.  But that being said, I don't wanna wait.  One thing motivating me is having long term illness.  Also, this relationship has felt dead for a while now.  

I think my hobbies have been getting me through the relationship! And its sometimes how our home ec is configured, trying to opt out of industrialization.  To have no one else to produce for might be sad.  Actually shoot: I remember being that single person always cooking too much food from the family-centric recipes and now Ill be like that making too much soap, household products and toiletries too.  And you cant really save it up to gift to future dates either, I wouldn't think :) 

Im not disagreeing with you though.  If I manage to leave this relationship Im gonna do my best to follow your advice.  Thank you.  

I just need some Timmies to think this through  

Edited by soon
spelling

On 20/4/2017 at 11:31 AM, BlueJean Baby said:

I was thinking this morning about how my soon to be ex used to enjoy pushing my buttons just to piss me off....asshole....little did he know, he would eventually find that one button I save for assholes like him...the EJECT button!! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

@soon is your future ex? :P

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

No...my soon to be ex husband, meaning if he ever pays for the divorce since I supported his ass for 16 years, it is the least he could do....but it looks like I will have pay for it myself....and eject him forever from my life ?

Just pay and get rid of the trash once and for all.

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@BlueJean Babyl keep hitting your profile with my clumsy fingers.Love you Hun but I ain't a stalker?

LOL:rofl-lol:

• Like 1