The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

On 15.6.2017 at 10:17 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Girlfriend and I are moving in together next month. Found a cool apartment

I am happy for you :) The last I heard you were in a sort of pathetic break-up period with lots of ridiculous drunk postings. Good things come to good guys. But not all of them.

• Like 1

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I am happy for you :) The last I heard you were in a sort of pathetic break-up period with lots of ridiculous drunk postings. Good things come to good guys. But not all of them.

Lol! That was years ago at this point. That was fun! I'm glad I managed to keep it more together in my real life than on here. Can't believe I was so upset, I wasn't even attracted to my ex lol. The brain is a weird thing

On 16/06/2017 at 10:33 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Lol! That was years ago at this point. That was fun! I'm glad I managed to keep it more together in my real life than on here. Can't believe I was so upset, I wasn't even attracted to my ex lol. The brain is a weird thing

Actually right now i relate a lot to this . I mean i was dating this guy , and i was thinking about end things with him , because the feeling didnt seem to evolve.  i Guess he predicted what i was thinking because he started to run away.. So after a couple of fights i ended it . Now i find myself thinking about him , i dunno why....If is because im lonelly,or is a matter of hurt Pride . I Guess i miss the way he treated me , before those last fights. 

6 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

The point between buying the ring and the point at which I get down on one knee is frustrating! Knowing that I won't be asking for another three weeks at least... having this ring in my house... just want to ask and celebrate already!

awww you're a sweetie! your girl is very lucky :)

ok so i have had what i keep referring to is my BFF for 20 years, since we were both 18. when i lived nearby she would always want to do things and i'd just go along with it and this became an unhealthy pattern. but she's bright, we have the same interests and same sense of humor. and she was there when i went through a lot of bad stuff. we kind of drifted apart when she moved in with her bf...but by the time i moved we had reconnected somewhat. since i have been here i have been the one to call her every single time. and i know where her head is at cos i went through the abuse thing as well. anyway, she has this idea that our relationship is the same as when i was 18! and i have put up with it until a few weeks ago. SHE called me, left a message on my voice mail...her dog had a suspicious growth and she was scared. so i returned her message and i patiently listened to all she was going through, how she hated her brother, sister and the niece who used to be as close to her as if she were her daughter. for two hours. so then i tried to steer her in another direction. we talked about the "good old days" and i was surprised to find out that she thought i was the strong one, the wild one where i always thought the exact opposite. we laughed a lot, it was going good until she started back into her old ways. there was some series of books she was like demanding i read so i could then watch the show based on said books. so i said ok, i'll look into it. and this set her off. she said i thought we always had the same interests in books and movies and tv shows and blah blah blah. this quickly escalated into a bad situation and i finally said you know, i am NOT the same person i was at 18 and i have interests of my own and if you can't accept that then maybe we should just move on. she grumbled something and when the call was over i felt bad but good at the same time. i had stood up for myself for once to her!

so i was really surprised when she contacted me on facebook and APOLOGIZED! she had never once said i'm sorry to me about anything. so now we are cautiously exchanging facebook messages. i think it's easier that way and i can type faster so i can get my point of view across in the exchanges :P

7 hours ago, soon said:

Someone tried to sext with me by sending unsolicited nudes.  I was not interested. I declined.  The next day they berated me at some length.  That is not the rules.  No one do this, okay?

Sorry not sorry ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I hooked up with the Australian girl I met in the UK last night. We were both smashed on wine but we've talked it over this morning and we're both very much on the same page :) 

When you say "hooked up" do you mean naked hooking up or something more PG-13 rated?

• Like 2

On 29/06/2017 at 1:25 AM, love&hates said:

:) so nice toh hear that chris1989. Gonna do a private thing ,or make onde of those surprises with public involved ? 

I was going for private, but her evening plans changed and I've not been able to put my plan in action. Really frustrating as there isn't a good time after tomorrow, it's all going to be too busy.

@Graeme I know that I'm going to sound like someone's mother, but with you I'm past caring about sounding polite and I'm going to cut to the point.

The lady next to you in your most recent post in the picture thread. It's nice you've made a new friend. Please tell me everything about her. I need to be sure she's good enough for you. 

Only if you want to, of course. :) 

10 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

@Graeme I know that I'm going to sound like someone's mother, but with you I'm past caring about sounding polite and I'm going to cut to the point.

The lady next to you in your most recent post in the picture thread. It's nice you've made a new friend. Please tell me everything about her. I need to be sure she's good enough for you. 

Only if you want to, of course. :) 

She studies coastal zone management, she's a great dancer, she made the bracelet I'm wearing, it's blue to match my eyes, she drives a truck, she can make me laugh til it hurts, and I likewise with her. 

I won't see her for another 6 months because I've come home for a while. My life seems to be a bad sitcom based around how many ways a man can come close to success in his love life before some bullshit circumstances out of his control encroach upon the situation. At this point, all I can do is laugh at myself.

55 minutes ago, Graeme said:

She studies coastal zone management, she's a great dancer, she made the bracelet I'm wearing, it's blue to match my eyes, she drives a truck, she can make me laugh til it hurts, and I likewise with her. 

I won't see her for another 6 months because I've come home for a while. My life seems to be a bad sitcom based around how many ways a man can come close to success in his love life before some bullshit circumstances out of his control encroach upon the situation. At this point, all I can do is laugh at myself.

Don't be defeated, it can still work long distance for a while. Ask @highvoltage :heart:

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

D'aaw! I'm very happy that you've met her. She sounds dreamy.  Once you've found the right person, you'll make it work. 

As for not seeing her for six months, I won't go into detail but I do understand how heartbreaking leaving each other is, when you've met someone you get on really well with. Stay strong, stay on Skype! 

This page is doing well for itself, Powerage and Graeme have lovely ladies. McCoy has a steady girl. I wonder how Arnold's getting on? 

• Like 2