The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

Fucking brokenhearted beyond belief lately over the sweetest girl I ever met. Made me realize I probably hadn't been really in love since I was 17, and I'm 29 now.

Nothing anyone does or says is gonna make you feel better, so just strap in and brace yourself for some horrible fucking misery and agony for the foreseeable future.

You know what helped me in a little way? This clip from the most recent season of Louie.

Louis had just gotten his heart trampled too, and his grumpy old doctor neighbor had a conversation with him that really put things in perspective. I'd never really thought of it that way, but I think he was right. I was going through it too at the time, just pining and pining for this girl that left me a few months ago....and I found myself really agreeing with this little speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djCDqLeBAkk

And the craziest thing? It's been 6 months and already I barely remember her and I try to cling on to those memories but they slip more and more each day. The Doctor was right.

Edited by estrangedtwat

Fucking brokenhearted beyond belief lately over the sweetest girl I ever met. Made me realize I probably hadn't been really in love since I was 17, and I'm 29 now.

Nothing heals that pain like a younger, hotter girlfriend. :thumbsup:

Nothing anyone does or says is gonna make you feel better, so just strap in and brace yourself for some horrible fucking misery and agony for the foreseeable future.

Your love/heartbreak of that person is more of a reflection of you rather than her. Sociopaths don't fall in love for that very reason. Think about that for a second.

Dude, I'm a pretty young guy (late twenties.) So around your age. I've dated every kind of woman you could imagine. I've dated rich women, poor women, smart women, dumb women, hot women, school teachers, film producers, writers, dancers, cashiers, waitresses, bartenders, business chicks. Women with issues, women without. I've dated ladies from North America, the Middle East, Latin America, Europe, and Asia. Point being, I've dated my fair share on this cardiovascular, elliptical machine called life.

We run into people (social accidents), we take those accidents and make something outta them. Hopefully, we find somebody who puts up with us, and we put up with them for a little bit. And sometimes we find an orgasm, a detour from quotidian misery or even the big one: complacent, internal bliss. Sometimes, we make big choices like kids, and marriage. But even then nothing is truly permanent.

I'm not sure what you mean when you said you weren't sure if you were in love. You should expand on that. Otherwise, I'm gonna presume you loved this woman immensely.

But the best thing to do is not to listen to Axl crying over Stephanie Seymour ballads, get drunk, or light a candle vigil, or even listen to a stranger's advice on the internet (ha.) The best thing to do is take all that elemental love you have for her, and redirect it into yourself. You deserve your own love, more than she does. That may be checking out a concert, making some badass food, having a blast with some friends, getting laid, or maybe reading a book on a cold Friday night. Misery is a process you have to ebb, and flow out of. It's unavoidable, but these are ways you can make your life a lil bit easier. Just my two pence.

• Like 2

There is someone on the forum who claims they had a threesome with 2 sisters, I think they were even twins if memory serves.

I believe that was Groghan.

I believe that was a mother and daughter.

Rarely were the words "pics or gtfo" more appropriate.

I think it was in a thread aimed to help a fellow poster. Sadly, the maker of the thread then decided to close the thread.

There is someone on the forum who claims they had a threesome with 2 sisters, I think they were even twins if memory serves.

I think it was in a thread aimed to help a fellow poster. Sadly, the maker of the thread then decided to close the thread.

Groghan, on 21 Apr 2014 - 4:59 PM, said:snapback.png

When I was single I was dating every single woman in my town. I was in my late 30s, a single dad, and thought the most important thing I needed was a wife to grow old with. I didn't want to be single and continue the bar scene, the dating scene. I wanted to find a nice woman, get married, have a couple kids and live happily ever after. So I dated a lot of different women in a search for a wife.

But then I started getting tired of it all. The bar and dating scene, hook-ups with random women, three-somes with mother/daughters from the bar, dates with women I didn't really like or have an interest in, etc. It started seeming like more of a chore than a fun thing.

So one night I decided to STOP looking. I declared that I was done. I wasn't going to pursue anybody. I was stopping looking for a GF, a one-night stand, a wife. Done with it all. If a woman was interested in me, then SHE could pursue me. But I was officially done looking. No flirting, no FBing, no texting, etc. I took myself out of the "game." No dating sites. No blind dates. No dates with random girls. Nothing.

And you know what happened?

Literally, the very next day - less than 24 hours later - I met my wife and we were married six months later.

I don't know if it is a confidence thing, or if women can smell desperation on people. And I don't mean "desperation" desperation, but just the vibe you put out subconsciously. A woman can sense if a guy is just looking for fun, a one nighter, or for a wife. I think that a confident woman, who isn't desperately seeking those same things herself, is able to then sense it when she meets a man......and that is when great friendships and relationships start. Ones that last forever.

Because you both met at a time of "strength" between the two of you, instead of the time of one or both of you being "in need."

I don't know if any of that makes sense or not, but something to think about. Tl/dr version - when I stopped looking for a wife, the very next day I met my future wife.

Thank you, Linguini, for looking it up. :lol: It is somewhat disconcerting that I remember it after six months. Let this be a lesson: I don't forget.

Groghan, on 21 Apr 2014 - 4:59 PM, said:snapback.png

When I was single I was dating every single woman in my town. I was in my late 30s, a single dad, and thought the most important thing I needed was a wife to grow old with. I didn't want to be single and continue the bar scene, the dating scene. I wanted to find a nice woman, get married, have a couple kids and live happily ever after. So I dated a lot of different women in a search for a wife.

But then I started getting tired of it all. The bar and dating scene, hook-ups with random women, three-somes with mother/daughters from the bar, dates with women I didn't really like or have an interest in, etc. It started seeming like more of a chore than a fun thing.

So one night I decided to STOP looking. I declared that I was done. I wasn't going to pursue anybody. I was stopping looking for a GF, a one-night stand, a wife. Done with it all. If a woman was interested in me, then SHE could pursue me. But I was officially done looking. No flirting, no FBing, no texting, etc. I took myself out of the "game." No dating sites. No blind dates. No dates with random girls. Nothing.

And you know what happened?

Literally, the very next day - less than 24 hours later - I met my wife and we were married six months later.

I don't know if it is a confidence thing, or if women can smell desperation on people. And I don't mean "desperation" desperation, but just the vibe you put out subconsciously. A woman can sense if a guy is just looking for fun, a one nighter, or for a wife. I think that a confident woman, who isn't desperately seeking those same things herself, is able to then sense it when she meets a man......and that is when great friendships and relationships start. Ones that last forever.

Because you both met at a time of "strength" between the two of you, instead of the time of one or both of you being "in need."

I don't know if any of that makes sense or not, but something to think about. Tl/dr version - when I stopped looking for a wife, the very next day I met my future wife.

legend :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Edited by usemyillusions

Anyone here ever been involved in an affair?

I was propositioned by a married woman once. Didn't find out she was married until half her close were off inside my apartment. When I found out she was, I stopped in my tracks and politely told her I couldn't go on.

This happened during my "Casanova" years.... :P ...around 15 years ago. I met her at a club, she really came onto me....we went back to my place and somehow we started talking about relationships and she spilled the beans - said that her husband was a Marine stationed overseas....so yeah, I had to call it off....no way was I going to shag a man's wife who was risking his life to defend my country.

So that was that.

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing your story.

Now did you stop because of the enlisted spouse, or because she was married in general?

Just curious - the new showtime show got me thinking about the whole concept of affairs. Kind of interestingly fucked up :lol:

Both. I mean, if she told me she was separated or going through a divorce and it wasn't with someone in the military, stationed overseas, etc., I might of considered it. But back then (and I'm not trying to sound arrogant when I say this) I could have had my pick of women....so there's a good chance I wouldn't anyway. Way too many single women out there for me to get tangled up in a mess like that, imo. :shrugs:

I don't get this sense of respect everyone has for the military. If you saw a marine trying to lure a kid into his van, would you stop it from happening or would you let him do it because he's in the military?

Apples and oranges. And I said that even if the guy wasn't in the military, I probably wouldn't of done it regardless. And it wasn't just because he was in the military...it was the fact that the guy was stationed overseas, probably in a combat zone that would have made it worse.

I don't get this sense of respect everyone has for the military. If you saw a marine trying to lure a kid into his van, would you stop it from happening or would you let him do it because he's in the military?

I respect them until they do something to take away that respect, such as the example you mentioned.

Same thing with priests, cops, teachers, etc.

It's just a job like anything else. What's worse though is when military people act like complete asshats and still demand that they be respected because they're in the military. From what I've heard about the military, if you aren't in direct combat, it is absolute cake.

I respect them until they do something to take away that respect, such as the example you mentioned.

Same thing with priests, cops, teachers, etc.

It's just a job like anything else. What's worse though is when military people act like complete asshats and still demand that they be respected because they're in the military. From what I've heard about the military, if you aren't in direct combat, it is absolute cake.

Exactly - it's just a job. I respect people in the army the same way I respect engineers, taxi drivers and lawyers.