WORKOUT THREAD

Budweiser

What actual proper rowing as in Oxford and Cambridge or one of them machines? You make me feel a right cunt Chris, biking, swimming, football, gym...and here's me that moans having to get up and look for the remote :lol:

Come to Jive classes with me Len- it's a great way to meet women.

What actual proper rowing as in Oxford and Cambridge or one of them machines? You make me feel a right cunt Chris, biking, swimming, football, gym...and here's me that moans having to get up and look for the remote :lol:

I can just go down the pub and do that and avoid seriously life threatening injury similtaeneously!

I can just go down the pub and do that and avoid seriously life threatening injury similtaeneously!

C'mon Len...

The only thing rowing can do is build a callus on your palms.

C'mon Len...

The only thing rowing can do is build a callus on your palms.

I'm 6'4, people size aint built for dancing, literally NOTHING i do looks graceful, big unweildy lummox that I am :lol:

Rowings fuckin' cracking exercise y'know, takes a lot more than it might look like on first appraisal.

Anyone ever suffer from wrist tendonitis before? Apparently I got it in both my wrists the Saturday before Christmas. It's been awful. Basically whenever I would make a four with my hands it would be tight and painful right below the palm side of my wrists. I'm feeling a bit better, and I wanna start weight lifting again sooner rather than later. I got an Mri done and apparently I only have mild tendonitis in the back of my wrists now. The pain is more annoying and a pain in the ass more so than anything. When should I start slowly get back into weightlifting? I made so much progress the past year and it's breaking my heart seeing it wither away now :(.

Any input at all input would be greatly appreciated.

Also I've never taken a hiatus like this before. It'll be 7 weeks this Saturday. How long does it usually take to regain what you've lost? I've heard some people say 2 weeks or so but others tell me that's more urban mythish. Again any and all advice will be appreciated :)

Hitting the weights at the moment. Did a pretty tough upper body workout last night that left me drenched in sweat and my arms weak.

I've woken up today and my arms feel fine. What's the deal?

I couldn't push any harder last night, and think I hit a limit, but surely I should be fatigued?

2 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

Hitting the weights at the moment. Did a pretty tough upper body workout last night that left me drenched in sweat and my arms weak.

I couldn't push any harder last night, and think I hit a limit, but surely I should be fatigued?

It'll probably hit you tomorrow.

When I've gone to my limits, or am just out of practice, it takes until the second day after for the soreness to kick in.

6 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

There is next to no correlation between muscle tiredness and intensity of the workout; you can workout hard and feel great in a few hours and you can workout lightly and feel tired for days. The only indicator that is important is that when doing the exercises you gave it all that you had; how you feel the nest day is unimportant.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...