WORKOUT THREAD

Budweiser

• 3 months later...

Dear Workout Threaders, 

I think I need a bit of encouragement please. 

I've not exercised regularly in a long time, and I don't see the point. I haven't ever been unwell aside from the flu and seasonal colds. I could eat better, but my diet isn't terrible. I find exercise dull, and the most boring person I know talks about nothing but ParkRun. I don't desire to lose weight nor change my body. Neither do I want to be able to carry heavy loads or run a marathon.  

Apparently I might die younger, or something. But I've never broken a bone, smoked or done drugs. I probably average one glass of wine a week. 

Please can someone remind me why I should exercise? It seems very time consuming and a right effort.

Sincerely,

Lazy Slacker

• 1 month later...

Turns out getting a girlfriend was the worst thing that could happen to my fitness goals :lol: Between work, school and spending time with my lady, there hasn't been much time for going to the gym, but I have managed to squeeze in at least a couple of sessions every week. However, I've developed a small gut :lol: Anyway, I'm going to focus on increasing my strength and endurance simultaneously from now on. I've made a full-body four-split program that is centered on four compound movements (one for each day) where I want to increase my numbers drastically - squats, front squats, conventional deadlifts and sumo deadlifts. This will be in addition to two cardio sessions (HIIT) every week. However, I may have to reduce the number of sessions when summer is over and I go back to work and school. 

I had the opposite effect, my girlfriend has transformed my diet and its had a great effect as mentioned in my previous post. As a health and nutrition lover she has encouraged me to exercise more, with more upper body as well.

I'm still playing with my diet - went a bit low on calories recently and found myself struggling on the 6 hour endurance rides.

Edited by Chris1989

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2016 at 4:42 PM, Lithium said:

Do you guys even still lift?

I'm still getting at it. Not like I used to, that's for sure. But still in the gym 4-5 times a week. More about maintainence anymore than throwing stacks. Don't have the time, patience, or desire for that shit any more.