The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

Apparently Krusher is a racist :lol: I think he'll take him. Georgie Groves is fighting tonight too.

Did you see Garcia Guerrero? I had Guerrero up the first 5 rounds then it was Garcia doing a Mayweather impersonation badly, tryna shoulder roll and eating straight jabs. He won though, overall, Swift I mean though honestly it really didn't reflect well on him overall, none of his recent fights have really.

I watched Kova vs Pascal 1 again earlier, Pascal had some really great moments in that fight, Kovalev got fucking nailed by a couple vicious counters and he just nodded at him, he has a great chin himself.

Guerrero Garcia was a fight of two halves, Garcia is nothing special, he's just a solid fighter which isn't a crime. Guerrero had been battered by Thurman (showed a lot of guts in that though as ever), knocked down by Martinez which he arguably lost, 11-1'd by floyd, beat Berto who is more or less C-level, he was a good prospect at the lower weights from what I understand, I think I watched two of his fights whilst he was coming up from lower weights. Garcia should've looked much better. Ancient Morales he needed two fights, Judah he made difficult, Matthysse was an impressive win, he should've lost to Herrera, Peterson could've gone either way. Guerrero is a gatekeeper at this point, Malignaggi was a gatekeeper, Peterson is a good win regardless, Salka was a circus, Khan was a good win but anyone who can punch can flatten Khan, I'm still confused how he survived the Maidana fight lol. Garcia is not a great fighter but he's good and he always brings it so I can't knock him, I kinda like his old man too, he doesn't half chat some crap but he's got some pearls of wisdom too.

Edited by RandallFlagg

I actually read about Bruno today, the uk board absolutely will not license that, who's he going to fight, what's the point, let him get training some youngsters even do some sparring if he wants, he has serious mental health problems too which wouldn't help things between the ropes. What's he going to do get in the ring with Joshua and knock him out in two rounds? It's car crash tv, I even feel grim about someone like Shannon Briggs begging for a big fight when he's taken too many beatings but at least he's active you know. Bruno looks in decent shape but he's been out for ages there's nothing good about him wanting to be back in the ring. I loved his fights with Tyson, he was a decent fighter just not a great one.

7 hours ago, RandallFlagg said:

I actually read about Bruno today, the uk board absolutely will not license that, who's he going to fight, what's the point, let him get training some youngsters even do some sparring if he wants, he has serious mental health problems too which wouldn't help things between the ropes. What's he going to do get in the ring with Joshua and knock him out in two rounds? It's car crash tv, I even feel grim about someone like Shannon Briggs begging for a big fight when he's taken too many beatings but at least he's active you know. Bruno looks in decent shape but he's been out for ages there's nothing good about him wanting to be back in the ring. I loved his fights with Tyson, he was a decent fighter just not a great one.

They gave Tyson a lisence on zoloft for cryin' out loud.

Edited by Len B'stard

It is true that nobody except Mayweather, Lara, Ward or Rigondeaux outboxes Khan and Alvarez is still flat footed but he doesn't half have some combos, he can really put them together. He had Lara running for the hills and still outpointed him imo cause whilst Lara is a master boxer he didn't much like getting tagged by those shots, I don't think Khan stays away for half an hour, Alvarez is a vicious body puncher and Khan will slow down and he had little power at welterweight let alone north of junior middleweight against someone who'll weigh 170 on fight night. Cotto is a big puncher and he barely moved Canelo.

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

What is this about,

http://www.theo2.co.uk/events/detail/i-am-the-greatest

Do you pay to see his old shorts?

Pretty much, sort of like a one time Hard Rock Cafe on about Ali.

in other news Floyd Mayweather has been doing a speaking tour across England charging 3,000 a pop for meets and such...apparently they've cancelled a shedload of the dates due to non existent ticket sales :lol:

who the fuck wants to see Floyd Mayweather talk, personalitywise hes the most dull person I've ever encountered, only thing he could have anything interesting to say on is boxing and oddly he never seems to talk shop, i dont think I've ever seen an interesting interview with him, what the fuck made him think speaking engagements would be a hit?

On 2/2/2016 at 0:32 PM, RandallFlagg said:

Can't believe what I've just read

Amir Khan vs Saul Alvarez for the middleweight title in May! Fucking crazy! Guess Khan wasn't pissing around about wanting a superfight, he's gonna get iced but can't fault his ambition.

Don't count him out just yet,

His only real loss imo was to Garcia, and that is no shame. Garcia beats everybody up

Amir has to take some shots, you don't build your legacy fighting bums so it's time to put some real wins on his resume, but yea he may have bitten off more than he can chew this time

Edited by shades

14 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Pretty much, sort of like a one time Hard Rock Cafe on about Ali.

in other news Floyd Mayweather has been doing a speaking tour across England charging 3,000 a pop for meets and such...apparently they've cancelled a shedload of the dates due to non existent ticket sales :lol:

who the fuck wants to see Floyd Mayweather talk, personalitywise hes the most dull person I've ever encountered, only thing he could have anything interesting to say on is boxing and oddly he never seems to talk shop, i dont think I've ever seen an interesting interview with him, what the fuck made him think speaking engagements would be a hit?

Are you going to go, being the Ali nerd? Go to stare at Ali's shorts.

31 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Are you going to go, being the Ali nerd? Go to stare at Ali's shorts.

Nah, not really me!

16 minutes ago, shades said:

agreed, but I would walk 100 miles and swim another 3 or 4 to sit down and talk with Ali

Me too but part of the reason for that is the fact that Ali isnt the man to charge people 3 grand to meet him.  Difference in class, in every sense.

Ali used to do speaking engagements too but then for all those who couldnt afford those he used to show up and do free appearances in supermarkets and factories and all sorts, sometimes just out in a suburban streets over here, doing magic tricks for the kids, he was a class act.

A funny story regarding that was once just after the Foreman fight he was driving through Cleveland in a limo and he saw some guys shooting craps in the alley and for a prank he jumped out, sprinted down the alley up to the guys and went 'has anybody seen George Foreman?!?'..they were dumbstruck...within 10 mins the streets were filled with people, after half an hour of him chilling with the locals the police came and said we love you champ but you really need to leave cuz you're causing a massive disturbance and bringing the place to a standstill, people would come out of shops and offices and all over just to see the champ.

Edited by Len B'stard