What are you eating?

inthisriver

Most Scandinavian food seems to consist of fetid fish which has been preserved in various ways.

Our traditional food -- which we have now relegated to holidays -- were mostly creative ways of preserving fish and meat. Cured, smoked, salted, semi-decomposed, etc. Basically, this was food for the long winter when it was too dangerous or hard to go out fishing to get fresh food. When people could fish they ate mostly herring with potatoes. Except for holidays and special occasions when they might have taken from the limited supplies of meat to cook something special, like lamb meet with cabbage (fårikål), cured lamb (pinnekjøtt), meat stew (lapskaus), which are all really not that exotic foods but variations upon things eaten almost everywhere. My grand-grand parents, (plus possibly another grand onto that) ate herring with potatoes 6 days a week. On the seventh day, Sunday, they ate meatballs with potatoes and gravy. They could eat have only two meatballs, but as much potatoes and gravy as they wanted. It should be pretty obvious why you won't find many Norwegian restaurants outside of Norway.

Just saw this which is sort of relevant.

I'm eating too much...

a whole bag of lamb chops from Iceland (The UK shop, not the country), like 5 servings worth, 2 hearty serving of thin cut Iceland brand oven chips 'fries cut' followed by half a Tesco Bakery Cherry Pie, mini can of Dole Fruit Cocktail with the last 4 of my McVitie's Chocolate Digestives.

Edited by Snake-Pit

In America, do you guys eat mince pies? (Sweet mince at Christmas time rather than beef mince).

A prison pen pal in Texas has asked me to send him some. I'm just wondering if I could buy them off a U.S. website?

And if anyone happens to be near Livingston in Texas and is kind enough to help me get some fresh mince pies to him, I'll PayPal all your expenses plus a treat for you.

In America, do you guys eat mince pies? (Sweet mince at Christmas time rather than beef mince).

A prison pen pal in Texas has asked me to send him some. I'm just wondering if I could buy them off a U.S. website?

And if anyone happens to be near Livingston in Texas and is kind enough to help me get some fresh mince pies to him, I'll PayPal all your expenses plus a treat for you.

Fucking coooool. What's he in for? Is he on Death Row? Have you visited him? Any weird shit in his letters?

• Like 1

Why on earth would you have a prison pen pal my dear, they're all a few bob short yknow, the sorts of people who end up in American prisons, he'll probably come out of nick and come looking for you, like it Cape Fear! You'll be cowering behind a bunch of bins in an alley with him going 'EDITORRRRRRRRRRR?' having just effortlessly dispatched the gang of northern yobbos you set on him in an attempt to run him out of town.

• Like 1

Why on earth would you have a prison pen pal my dear, they're all a few bob short yknow, the sorts of people who end up in American prisons, he'll probably come out of nick and come looking for you, like it Cape Fear! You'll be cowering behind a bunch of bins in an alley with him going 'EDITORRRRRRRRRRR?' having just effortlessly dispatched the gang of northern yobbos you set on him in an attempt to run him out of town.

Think how they feel? A Texas serial killer reading his letter, ''aye oop. God's country. If nowt is from Yorkshire, it is shite''.

To answer your questions, as a practising Christian, I have a Biblically specified duty to comfort prisoners and love "my enemy" (amongst other acts of charity). I do it through a well-regarded charity, and have been involved since the spring. It's going well.

Yes, he is on death row. No, I'm not saying why he's in there because it doesn't matter to me. With the old Texan theology being "a life for a life" you can probably guess what he did.

On a personal level, I don't have much time nor money to be splashing out to make the world a better place. Writing to prisoners is a small, affordable thing I can do to bring a smile to their face.

No, I've not had a creepy weird letter, and none of them are romantic in theme. We just write about everyday life. I enjoy writing letters and do so with my friends and have exchanged letters with Deeds in the past. I'm good at it.

And I've answered my own question, Amazon USA are sending him a box of Mr. Kipling.

Right, so he killed someone, who was it? Wife? Kids? Wifes kids? Wife and kids? Boss? A copper? The paperboy? Am I close? Oh go on, tell us, it's not like he'll know the difference, he's probably busy counting the bricks in his cell right now :lol:

No. Part of this is to treat him with respect and dignity which he might not otherwise receive. Regardless of gravity of misdemeanours, I don't like dragging up anyone's past.

I could flirt with someone and my husband might not know, but I would have still ignored my marriage vows.

To answer your questions, as a practising Christian, I have a Biblically specified duty to comfort prisoners and love "my enemy" (amongst other acts of charity). I do it through a well-regarded charity, and have been involved since the spring. It's going well.

Yes, he is on death row. No, I'm not saying why he's in there because it doesn't matter to me. With the old Texan theology being "a life for a life" you can probably guess what he did.

On a personal level, I don't have much time nor money to be splashing out to make the world a better place. Writing to prisoners is a small, affordable thing I can do to bring a smile to their face.

No, I've not had a creepy weird letter, and none of them are romantic in theme. We just write about everyday life. I enjoy writing letters and do so with my friends and have exchanged letters with Deeds in the past. I'm good at it.

And I've answered my own question, Amazon USA are sending him a box of Mr. Kipling.

On the row is he? Must have been bad. Multiple victims? Yeah the screws probably intercept the letters and censor all the gory stuff out. Have they set s date for when he gets plugged into the grid yet? Don't get too attached if I were you, he might be manipulating you, he's already got you sending him fucking mince pies :lol: