What are you eating?

inthisriver

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

you need to come post in the Comfort Foods thread :D

I have, that's where I discovered tacos were indeed a treat and also, I have ice cream, chocolate and alcohol as my comfort foods.

This thread is about soup.

If you're cold, it warms you up, it can be an appetizer or an entrée.

Soup is also highly regarded amongst runners as it feels you up, doesn't weigh you down as much but most importantly, a key benefit of soup!;

Soup's usually high in water which is great for your body.

Edited by Snake-Pit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Snake-Pit said:

I actually confess, I eat soup, a lot, and yoghurt, soup and yoghurt, I guess.

omg i'm so embarrassed of course you did!

i would say make it from scratch but Knorr actually makes pretty good products :)

shhhh don't tell anyone but i use Knorr turkey gravy mix whenever i roast a turkey :lol:

• Like 1

Snakes. Get a chicken. Joint it. Chuck legs and carcass in a big pot (keep breasts). add two onions, few garlic bulbs, root ginger - perhaps a carrot or two. Fill with water and very low simmer four-six hours. Sieve.

That is your stock that can easily be turned into a good soup. You can use the Chicken breasts and make Jewish penicillin. That is soup. Your tins and dried stuff are crap and shut be thrown in the bin.

• Like 1

I like a good green pea soup with ham and potatoes, clam chowder, barley and beef.. 

how about stews?  Love stews cooked in my crockpot.. And need a good crusty roll with it.  But I have been on paleo so the roll is out for now, as are the soups I have listed here. Sigh.

54 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Snakes. Get a chicken. Joint it. Chuck legs and carcass in a big pot (keep breasts). add two onions, few garlic bulbs, root ginger - perhaps a carrot or two. Fill with water and very low simmer four-six hours. Sieve.

That is your stock that can easily be turned into a good soup. You can use the Chicken breasts and make Jewish penicillin. That is soup. Your tins and dried stuff are crap and shut be thrown in the bin.

2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I've merged the soup thread with this thread because we already have several active threads about food in Anything Goes. I think we only need two. This thread and the recipes thread. Please consider where your posts could be relevant before starting new threads. 

this is what i was thinking as well @Gracii Guns i think merging the Home Cookin' and the soup thread with Comfort Foods would cause way less confusion. Comfort Foods includes home cooking and recipes as well as just talking about the comfort foods we like :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

Bombay%20Mix.png

big bag full of crunchy curry flavoured noodles, dried chick peas, dried lentils, dried garden peas and peanuts; It's also salty and the noodles are made from maize flour according to ingredients listed on the packaging.

Edited by Snake-Pit

57 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Bombay%20Mix.png

big bag full of crunchy curry flavoured noodles, dried chick peas, dried lentils, dried garden peas and peanuts; It's also salty and the noodles are made from maize flour according to ingredients listed on the packaging.

I once ate too many of them and was sick, and it has put me off them forever.