Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

The Rock goes as Dwayne now, Punk still calls himself CM Punk.

Punk was called CM Punk years before he was in WWE. There's a bit of a difference.

Are they still trying to get Reigns over by putting him with Big Show?

The Rock was the Rock at least a year before CM Punk ever wrestled his first match and The Rock was famous. Something that took Punk many more years. If anything, there's a much stronger case to call Dwayne 'The Rock' than there is to call Phil 'CM Punk'.

Punk was called CM Punk years before he was in WWE. There's a bit of a difference.

The Rock was the Rock at least a year before CM Punk ever wrestled his first match and The Rock was famous. Something that took Punk many more years. If anything, there's a much stronger case to call Dwayne 'The Rock' than there is to call Phil 'CM Punk'.

The Rock didn't start his career as The Rock. Not sure what you're saying.

Punk has always been Punk and created his own persona, he would have been CM Punk whether he made it or not. The Rock took a gimmick that was handed to him and perfected it. There was a short period a decade ago after his contract expired he didn't want to be refereed to as "The Rock".

The Rock didn't start his career as The Rock. Not sure what you're saying.

Punk has always been Punk and created his own persona, he would have been CM Punk whether he made it or not. The Rock took a gimmick that was handed to him and perfected it. There was a short period a decade ago after his contract expired he didn't want to be refereed to as "The Rock".

Not sure what you're getting at there. Punk is headed to the octagon as Phil 'CM Punk' Brooks. If he wants to be referred to as Phil, he has every right to be. Exactly like The Rock had the right to be called Dwayne when he wanted to be.

Isn't that fucking weird? I mean didn't Roman just beat BIg Show clean last week on RAW? And now they're trying to build this rivary as if the Big Show is some big mean unstoppable machine? Hmmm.... WWE logic in 2015. Have your fued pay off match first on regular tv, then build the rivalry in reverse so that nobody cares and we already know the outcome. Fucking stupid. Plus Big Show is fucking lame. So played out. He's been basically a career jobber. He sucks. The only thing good about that segment was actually Roman on the mic. He wasn't too bad actually.

• Like 1

Extreme Rules is looking to be absolute shit, based on the Smackdown spoilers

Orton vs Rollins in a Steel Cage with the RKO banned

Roman Reigns vs Big Show, Last Man Standing

Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler in a Kiss My Ass match

Cena vs Rusev in a Russian Chain match

Bryan vs Barrett

And I'm probably forgetting something

Extreme Rules is looking to be absolute shit, based on the Smackdown spoilers

Orton vs Rollins in a Steel Cage with the RKO banned

Roman Reigns vs Big Show, Last Man Standing

Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler in a Kiss My Ass match

Cena vs Rusev in a Russian Chain match

Bryan vs Barrett

And I'm probably forgetting something

paige vs nikki. And yep, it's not exactly good or anything. I just really hope Rusev destroys Cena.

Word has it Bryan's hurt again.

He's been pulled from the European tour "as a precaution". I've heard it's about his elbow. An old injury that they weren't sure healed right.

RSI from doing the YES thing so much?

This news along with all that Bryan talked about on Jericho's podcast a few weeks ago kinda makes me feel like his career is winding down. I just hope it happens before it's too late for him.

Reigns vs big show will be cringeworthy

Nevermind the fact they already had that match 2 weeks ago on RAW and Reigns beat him cleanly. Dumbest fucking fued/match in a LONG time. Completely pointless.

Nevermind the fact they already had that match 2 weeks ago on RAW and Reigns beat him cleanly. Dumbest fucking fued/match in a LONG time. Completely pointless.

Not as bad as the random Big Show/Orton feud in the middle of Daniel Bryan's feud with the Authority in late 2013.

They've had 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 matches against each other on Raw since early December.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 matches against each other on SmackDown! since early December. A few of the SmackDown! ones were tag matches, but plenty of one on ones. Didn't bother looking further back... anyway ya get the point.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

What have WWE doctors been doing with him?

Basically he needs surgery but it's not enough of a pressing issue to get immediate surgery. He currently has the option to get further surgery whenever he wants to have it done.

Said he started having issues leading into mania last year, only him Brie and Doc Amman knew about it. Vince didn't even know he was having issues until after and he was who decided to take the belt off Bryan.

Who knows what will happen now though.

Edited by Gunner55

He's the only guy lately that's captured the "universe"'s attention to that degree. Vince and HHH have tried to make other folks but nobody's been even close to getting over with the fans to that degree. He's easily in the top 1% of the best wrestlers in WWE. Has been for a long time.

Sucks for him he's hurt but Daniel Bryan is boring. I don't get the fascination with him.

From a purely wrestling standpoint,he's great. I kinda figured he'd make it to WWE when I used to watch him in ROH but I never thought he'd get as over as he has. He also married a Bella twin so full props to Danielson for that. As far as his charisma goes,I think he's funny at times and he basically made himself with the YES! movement. I would've enjoyed a teacher vs.student feud between Danielson and HBK but that'll never happen.